Play in Pictionary Saturday at 7pm EST!

• Advertisement

Sign in to follow this  
jjsthekid

209b. Plankton Gets the Boot

Episode Rating  

11 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Boots: We're gonna be the best roommates ever!
    • 4/5 Boots: I'd love it if you stayed with me!
    • 3/5 Boots: Are you happy now Karen!?
    • 2/5 Boots: You didn't even look.
    • 1/5 Boots: 100% Big Jerk

IqupD8W.png 

Premieres: 

Saturday, March 11th @ 10:15am ET/PT

Encores:

Sunday, March 12th @ 4:45pm ET/PT

Saturday, March 18th @ 9:45am ET/PT

Plot:

When Plankton gets kicked out, SpongeBob helps him win Karen back.

Clips:

1.) 

Spoiler

I enjoy episodes where SpongeBob and Plankton have to work together (Single Cell Anniversary, Plankton's Pet), so I am interested in this one. However, I also feel like this episode sounds too much like Single Cell Anniversary right now (with a bit of Komputer Overload), so I hope it does something unique with the concept.

Edited by jjsthekid

I really enjoyed this episode. I didn't think it was too much like Single Cell Anniversary. I thought the parts with Plankton learning how to be nice with Patrick was funny, especially his plan to make Karen jealous (SpongeBob: I'm really uncomfortable.) I think Karen's screensaver was funny, too bad Plankton didn't like it. I also spotted the Flying Dutchman's Treasure Hunt game.

I didn't like this as much as it's sister episode but it was better than I expected. It felt similar ot Single Cell Anniversary and SpongeBob and Patrick teacing Plankton to be nice reminded me of MM BB 3 but in the end, the episode was it's own thing. I wish this episode would make me feel just as sweet as Single Cell Anniversary, tho it's ironic because in that episode, all Plankton wanted was the formula more than Karen but it did have heart in it's place. One thing I liked for sure is that at the end, Plankton gets kicked out again. Normally with these type of episodes, characters forgive themselves and everything goes back to normal (FAMILY MAN), so I'm glad even though the episode didn't make me feel heartwarmed that much, the ending was funny. I really enjoyed SpongeBob's attempts to make Plankton a nice person and Plankton trying to make Karen jealous instead was top notch. I especially laughed at SpongeBob saying they should have kids lmao. This was definitely a big step up for Ben Gruber.

Grade: B+

It was decent. It was certainly better than Gruber's last episode, and hopefully, if he writes episodes like this, he could be alright. I'm glad the formula and Krusty Krab weren't involved at all, so it was just a SpongeBob/Plankton bonding episode, so that made it different. Even though the "teaching Plankton to be nice" thing did kinda feel like F.U.N. at times, it managed to be unique. Like I said before, I am usually a fan of episodes where SpongeBob and Plankton work together, so their friendship was pretty amusing (and sometimes strange) to see. SpongeBob saying they should have kids and Plankton finding SpongeBob's girl outfit cute were definitely a bit strange, but they were delivered in a way I found them amusing. It wasn't as heartwarming as Single Cell Anniversary for sure, but it was fine on its own. Plankton's eye falling out gag was a bit "eh", but some of the other gags were pretty alright. Only gripe is I wasn't a fan of the "here we go again" ending.

Grade: B+

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

"I accept your apology". Piss in a shoe. "I'm uncomfortable". 1,347 printed babies. Sums it up.

Unmentioned callbacks include: Dirty Bubble Paddleball Set, Pretzel Pals, Whirly Brain, Patrick the Game, a Kelpo box, MermaidMan action figure, and the letters of FUN in balloon form.

• Like 2

This was a slightly better episode. Plankton could've been written a little better but most of the jokes worked. What made this is one an unique episode for Plankton that it focused on his marriage with Karen rather than getting the Krabby Patty formula. All the characters are decent here. I like SpongeBob (and Patrick) helping Plankton to make up for Karen. While I did like SpongeBob pretending to be Plankton's date in order win back Karen, the ending kinda made it pointless (even though the fat screensaver joke was funny). Overall, I liked this one a little bit better than SpongeBob's Place. The writer of this episode should be balancing more between the comedy and heart. 8.5/10