Sign in to follow this  
jjsthekid

207a. Mimic Madness

Rating  

21 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Mimics: Wow, that's just like me!
    • 4/5 Mimics: Bring it around town!
    • 3/5 Mimics: Okay now, everybody settle down.
    • 2/5 Mimics: I heard that, Mr. Squidward!
    • 1/5 Mimics: Or never, whichever comes first.

eltm3db.png 

Premieres: 

Saturday, February 25th @ 10:00am ET/PT

Encores:

Saturday, February 25th @ 4:00pm ET/PT

Sunday, February 26th @ 11:30am ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob learns that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Clips:

1.) http://www.nick.com/spongebob-squarepants/videos/spongebob-squarepants-207a-clip/

Edited by Pat Monahan

Mimic Madness: That was a very fun episode to watch. With Mr Lawrence writing the script, it has a pre-movie feel to it especially with the "Bring it around town" line being brought and another mention of Plankton going to college. I really loved the plot as it felt so unique. I enjoyed the song that SpongeBob sang. Tom Kenny's performance is actually Emmy/Annie Award worthy of getting nominated for outstanding voice acting (let's hope one of the two aknowledge the greatness that is post-sequel SpongeBob). Almost everything was perfect. The beginning was a little bit slow, but once SpongeBob started to mimic people, it become awesome. As excepted I'm glad to see all of the main characters involved with the plot. That ending was funny and I didn't see it coming. All in all, it's nothing like the people fear it would be. A really clever and hilarious episode. 9.5/10

Mimic Madness is the best of Season 10 thus far.  Probably a better 200th episode.

Sandy/Plankton chess match, the kind of out of nowhere "bring it around town" reference, Spongebob mimicking the narrator's time card voiceover, the father with a huge temper, "The Mockin Mimicry Madness", Plankton/Squidward/Krabs/Patrick/Sandy all working together, and the "Who Am I?" song. Patrick's weird facial expression while imitating Spongebob, and the creepy ending with Squidward knocking at the glass eyes.

I guess it felt like what a cartoon should feel like when it can't do adult humor. Zany and unpredictable with dynamic interactions.

• Like 5

This is not just the best episode of the season so far, it could possibly be my favorite second-post-movie era episode ever. I felt like everything worked out so perfectly. The episode has some really great jokes with SpongeBob mimicing everyone and slowly making him lose who he is actually. The show has been going on for like 17 years and It amazes me with gems like this, they find new ways to make our main character interesting. The plot was definitely so original. Although yeah, we did see SpongeBob mimicing people in Gone but the premise here is completely different and it's funnier this way because you see other's reactions. My favorite gag has to be french narrator imitation. I'm a sucker for 4th wall break jokes, so this one was the funniest joke out of all jokes here. It's not just humor and SpongeBob here that made me love this. Little character moments like Plankton and Sandy playing chess, Squidward imitating Mr. Krabs and Patrick actually putting Squidward and Plankton in their places for making a decision to destroy him and Plankton trying to get krabby patty formula by imitating SpongeBob were so joy for me. You really have no idea I missed musical numbers in this show, so the muscial number here "Who Am I" was such a heartbreaking and sad song, yet it's very catchy and memorable song. A credit for Tom Kenny with his beautiful voice and Mr. Lawrence for writing it. I loved how all main characters, even Plankton teamed up to save SpongeBob. The ending was, while predictable, such a funny way to end this episode. A modern classic for SpongeBob imo.

Grade: A+

It was a creepy yet really funny episode. I thought I had it pegged down the middle as a rehash of "Ripped Pants", but I didn't expect it to take a dramatic turn with SpongeBob getting identity amnesia. And I couldn't believe seeing Sandy and Plankton hanging out, along with seeing them and the rest of main cast together at the end. Tom Kenny's vocal range was amazing along with the song "Who am I?". The episode might not be my favorite, but it's still enjoyable.

Edited by NegiSpongie

You know, I used to think Tom Kenny was just a GOOD voice actor, but after watching this, I realize that he is a GREAT voice actor; going through THAT wide of a range and variety in just a single episode segment! o.o Now THAT is talent! :D I'd give it an 11/10! (Yes, it's THAT good!) B) Enough said! B)

Bring it around town.

I went to college.

SpongeBob had a pretty good Patrick impression. Plus Sandy and Plankton playing chess, wins over my heart already.

In general the impressions were fun to watch though. And finally, the main gang is back together again. I like seeing them all pitching up to help him. (Like WhoBob WhatPants or Ear Worm.) Pretty solid episode and it had emotion to it surprisingly, who would have thought? One of the best of the season so far up there with the likes of Burst Your Bubble.

That song is amazing, I keep relistening to it. It has actual heart put into it.