• Advertisement

Sign in to follow this  
Jon Snow

205a. Whirly Brains

Rating?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate this episode?

• 5/5 Brains: It's time to free our minds!
    • 4/5 Brains: Wow Patrick, I've never seen the world from this angle before.
    • 3/5 Brains: It's just me, Patrick.
    • 2/5 Brains: Did you fall in?
    • 1/5 Brains: Sorry about your tv, SpongeBob.

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

First new SpongeBob episode I've watched in at least two years (I think?  I've lost track of time I'm not going to lie).  Honestly...

...I found myself asking this.  A Lot.  Like are the writers seriously THESE levels of out of ideas?  I just felt so sorry for this episode that this was the main plot point.

If it wasn't for that wasted Ed Asner guest star spot (I could listen to him ramble for eleven minutes and not get bored) and that Kruff moment (I'm a sucker for nostalgia pandering despite how questionable it is to remember it at this exact point), I would be a lot harsher on this.  A LOT.  Because I found myself very annoyed by the antics of SpongeBob and Patrick.  Jjs said S6/S7 characterization was back here...and yeah.  Yeah that's extremely accurate and I've got nothing else to add because those were the two seasons that annoyed me the most with these two in particular.

I have a feeling that this will be a blip on the proverbial radar for me because my SpongeBob watching is so sporadic now, but hopefully the next episode I randomly watch will not be SpongeBob and Patrick clip their toe nails with selfie sticks for eleven minutes.

season 9.2 has good premises behind them and mostly good execution, so i say don't lose hope on season 10 but if you want me to recommend some s9.2 eps, i'd say watch The Sewers of Bikini Bottom, Sharks vs Pods, CopyBob DittoPants, Mall Girl Pearl, Larry's Gym, Married to Money, Two Thumbs Down and What's Eating Patrick. ;)

1 hour ago, Pops said:

season 9.2 has good premises behind them and mostly good execution, so i say don't lose hope on season 10 but if you want me to recommend some s9.2 eps, i'd say watch The Sewers of Bikini Bottom, Sharks vs Pods, CopyBob DittoPants, Mall Girl Pearl, Larry's Gym, Married to Money, Two Thumbs Down and What's Eating Patrick. ;)

Nah it's not that I lost hope nor am I losing hope.  I just don't regularly seek out SpongeBob anymore.  I've missed so many new episodes and don't really care to catch up.  If I do watch it, it's just in a random spurt of the moment where I see it on the TV guide and think to myself "sure why not".

58 minutes ago, Clappy said:

Nah it's not that I lost hope nor am I losing hope.  I just don't regularly seek out SpongeBob anymore.  I've missed so many new episodes and don't really care to catch up.  If I do watch it, it's just in a random spurt of the moment where I see it on the TV guide and think to myself "sure why not".

ah point taken but still watch eppies I recommend (smirk)