Jump to content
GCA 13 winners announced!
Play in Pictionary Saturday at 7pm EST!

  • Advertisement

Clappy

Unpopular Opinions You Have About SpongeBob Episodes

Recommended Posts

There are almost no people in the spongebob community that are not heavily biased aganist any season of the series. Whether people want to admit to it or not, they are very clearly biased and it’s very frustrating. Obviously the bias you see the most is people biased aganist 6-9a, espicially seasons 8 and 9a. The ridiculous amounts people go to to hate episodes throughout the seasons is insane. Every single tiny little thing gets nitpicked to hell, every tiny little thing an episode does. Because the episodes are more slowpaced than before, people go insane over it and say the whole season is horrendeusly boring, when that isn’t even the case for a significent amount of episodes. There are way more episodes that are not boring, than episodes that are, espicially from 8 to 9a. And then people also go even further than that to go as far as to say it’s entirely lifeless, which is completly wrong. All it is that it’s slowerpaced, and while this does heavily harm the episodes, this does not make them even remotetly lifeless. If the show was lifeless, it would have no good jokes, the characters woul be completetly bland, the animation would be completly average, and it would be far more boring than the amounts it gets to in these seasons. The seasons are way above that. It’s also quite telling that credit is rarely even given when it does things right. Whenever it makes a good joke, people will say it is unfunny, even if the joke is no different than the great humor premovie has, and I guarentee these jokes would be referred to as hilarious if they were in premovie. And this extends to many good things the seasons do. The biggest example of this shit is with the animation. It gets extra criticzed, and it’s even more ridiculous. Season 6’s is bad as a result of trying to be gross so much, so I won’t defend that very much. But the rest of the 7-9a really toned down on that, and their animation is no better than 1-5. The occasional semi-gross face (and even these aren’t there that much and aren’t all that gross) is balanced out by newer technology allowing the other aspects of the animation to look even better than before. Yet people love to shit on every single face expression in the seasons. This is the most frustrating thing of all because 98% of these faces look perfectly fine and are no different from the ones in 1-5. They literally do nothing wrong, aren’t gross, show the emotion properly, and look pretty nice, but then people act like they’re so horrendeus for absolutetly no reason. There are so many examples of this everywhere and it is completetly ridiculous.

 

And then on the rare instance that somebody actually isn’t boased aganist those seasons, they have their own biases themselves, just in different places. These biases are mostly in two places.

 

The first is the bias aganist season 1. These people will say that the episodes are boring, or the plots are frustrating, or it’s unfunny, and whatever other bullcrap they say, and most of the time it is completly false. Pretty much every thing they say to the season is the same stuff said toward 6-9a, except it’s even worse because season 1 is significently better and doesn’t have these problems very much at all, whereas at least 6-9a sometimes have these problems, and sometimes have bad episode whereas season 1 does not.

 

The second is aganist season 11. These people will say the animtion is awful because WAAAAAAAAA TOO WACKY, and say other stuff aganist the season that are nonsensical. And then they nitpick every single issue (and issues that don’t even exist, or are true but aren’t actually issues) too. The worst part about this is that they usually love season 10 when it does all these things but to an even bigger extent. Season 11 literally does what season 10 does, but better and to less of an extreme, so why love 10 and hate 11??? It makes no sense. 

And as a side note, I perfectly understand why somebody would not like postsequal, because it’s much different than the rest of the show. But a lot of people try to use the stupidist arguments aganist it, and a lot of people are hypocritical with the s11 hate because they hate s10 when it does the same stuff to a bigger extreme.

 

All three of these groups are all heavily biased aganist the season(s) they hate, nitpicking every slight things, even if they aren’t even flaws or don’t even exist at all. It’s very rare for me to see someone who actually is fair toward every season of the series, and that is sad. There is no reason to be so biased aganist a season of a cartoon show. People need to learn just to rate the series fairly.

And it’s also annoying that all three of these groups act like they’re above the rest of the community too, when they themselves have the same biases. The only way they’re actually above the others is that some of these groups are nicer than the others, and even within the biased groups are some places much nicer thn some other places that can be full of assholes (I think you guys know what i’m referring to both with actually good people and with assholes). Beyond this, every group of this has clear biases and it’s ridiculous to act like you’re the one who clearly is rating the seasons properly and has no biases, because this is not the case at all.

And I will say, it is not like I think all seasons are equally good or anything or that the show should not be criticized at all. This is not the case at all, and I understand that certain seasons, such as 6-7, are defitenly worse than other seasons, like 2-3, and I am not trying to deny this. I also know that opinions are a thing, and I don’t think everyone needs to have the same exact opinions, but it is very frustrating when almost everyone has some sort of clear bias aganist a part of the show. 

 

Well, this was a long rant. I’ve been frustratred about this stuff all day, so this is why I made this post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Wintermelon43 said:

There are almost no people in the spongebob community that are not heavily biased aganist any season of the series. Whether people want to admit to it or not, they are very clearly biased and it’s very frustrating. Obviously the bias you see the most is people biased aganist 6-9a, espicially seasons 8 and 9a. The ridiculous amounts people go to to hate episodes throughout the seasons is insane. Every single tiny little thing gets nitpicked to hell, every tiny little thing an episode does. Because the episodes are more slowpaced than before, people go insane over it and say the whole season is horrendeusly boring, when that isn’t even the case for a significent amount of episodes. There are way more episodes that are not boring, than episodes that are, espicially from 8 to 9a. And then people also go even further than that to go as far as to say it’s entirely lifeless, which is completly wrong. All it is that it’s slowerpaced, and while this does heavily harm the episodes, this does not make them even remotetly lifeless. If the show was lifeless, it would have no good jokes, the characters woul be completetly bland, the animation would be completly average, and it would be far more boring than the amounts it gets to in these seasons. The seasons are way above that. It’s also quite telling that credit is rarely even given when it does things right. Whenever it makes a good joke, people will say it is unfunny, even if the joke is no different than the great humor premovie has, and I guarentee these jokes would be referred to as hilarious if they were in premovie. And this extends to many good things the seasons do. The biggest example of this shit is with the animation. It gets extra criticzed, and it’s even more ridiculous.

Agreed, 8 and 9a are wonderful pieces of entertainment that should be cherished for decades. What would we do without masterpieces like Bumper to Bumper, AYHN, Free Samples, and Smoothe Jazz. Better than garbage Ripped Pants.

  • God Himself 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hippythehippo said:

Agreed, 8 and 9a are wonderful pieces of entertainment that should be cherished for decades. What would we do without masterpieces like Bumper to Bumper, AYHN, Free Samples, and Smoothe Jazz. Better than garbage Ripped Pants.

2 of these are examples of episodes people nitpick too much. One of these just exists and one of these is awful and deserves hate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Klu said:

Season 12 so far has little to no difference from season 11 in terms of quality.

No offense but since when it’s became "unpopular"?!From all places I meet absolutely everyone say that S12 is just as same as 11 if not much better.The fact that I’m and Hippy think so doesn’t made hundreds of other opinions invisible.You act like OBAB when he call Doodle Dimension overhated only because I don’t like it that much despite it begin one of the well liked S11’s episodes on the surface of internet

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Coffee_lover said:

No offense but since when it’s became "unpopular"?!From all places I meet absolutely everyone say that S12 is just as same as 11 if not much better.The fact that I’m and Hippy think so doesn’t made hundreds of other opinions invisible.You act like OBAB when he call Doodle Dimension overhated only because I don’t like it that much despite it begin one of the well liked S11’s episodes on the surface of internet

Wiki likes s12 more, people here like it less. I didn't meant only in positives, but in negatives as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol,especially in this place people like S12 so far equally compared to average S11 ep,of course there’s no episodes yet that praised as much as Plankton Paranoia or Virus,or hated as Ink Lemonade,but there’s just no major difference in criticism for both season as a whole.

 

Again,despite I disagree with S12 begin equal to 11 I can’t legit force you or anyone to think as same,and I wouldn’t complain,if you wouldn’t say this as a unpopular opinion when there’s nothing actually unpopular in this statement as for SBC only,as for international reception in general.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Coffee_lover said:

Lol,especially in this place people like S12 so far equally compared to average S11 ep,of course there’s no episodes yet that praised as much as Plankton Paranoia or Virus,or hated as Ink Lemonade,but there’s just no major difference in criticism for both season as a whole.

 

Again,despite I disagree with S12 begin equal to 11 I can’t legit force you or anyone to think as same,and I wouldn’t complain,if you wouldn’t say this as a unpopular opinion when there’s nothing actually unpopular in this statement as for SBC only,as for international reception in general.

Tbf s12 has top 5 Krusty Slammer, so it is already pretty godly. Doesn't compare to the godly season 10 with 2 amazing quotes in each episode, but it will get there

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Steel Sponge said:

Because I feel like it's unpopular, I'll say that I'm probably one of few who currently does not have any specific feelings towards S12 to determine if it's better or worse than 10-11 since it merely had its start.

I'm with you. It's hard to judge Season 12 as a whole when only 4 episodes have aired so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Coffee_lover said:

691D9BC9-6104-40D7-BD94-70DF74FA3F48.thumb.jpeg.2e3e37193999766f63a56be25c515ace.jpeg

To be honest I really liked Ink Lemonade and found The legend of Boo-kini Bottom kinda boring (I'm not joking), I haven't watched The Nitwitting yet, I have a lot of unpopular opinions and not just from this show, I can watch an episode from a show that everybody hates and like it and viceversa.

  • Wow 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...