1. Warning System
- The number of warning points on your profile is your warning meter. When you receive a warning, the number of points will increase.
- Punishments can vary. Warnings will be given out, as well as a PM from the mod or admin who gave the warning. If the occurrence, of which you were warned about before, happens again you will be temporarily suspended.
- Permanent bans occur when a user has reached 100 warning points, hacked into SBC, spamming, or committed a terrorist attack against the site.
- Use the Report button; we have a large amount of boards to control, so if you have a problem, please report it
- Spam is prohibited on the forums, except for The Industrial Park, which you need 25 posts to access.
- Spam is considered as: Random strings of letters or numbers, irrelevant advertisements, and random images not pertaining to the discussion
- No random/spammy calendar events (example: a day for a user). Only SpongeBob Events, SBC Events, and Holidays are allowed.
- You may swear on the site EXCEPT for in the following areas: Nautical Nonsense, Krusty Towers Check-In, Ask The Magic Conch Shell, and Status Updates. In those areas, minor swears such as "damn" and "hell" are fine, but nothing else. You are not allowed to use swear words in your username.
- Sexist, agist, racist, harassment of a user’s religion, race, opinions, orientation, or homophobic language, jokes about rape, or language that directly targets or attacks a person or group is not permitted; immediate week suspension.
- Doxing, or posting any personal information of an individual without permission including but not limited to social media account(s), physical address, and phone number, is not permitted; immediate ban. Be smart: always ask for permission before you post other people's information!
- Signature images should not exceed 200px (height) and 700px (width). Click here for an example. If you are a Loyal Customer, the image limit is 300px (height) and 750px (width).
- Only five images maximum in your signature. The rest must be in spoiler tags. If you are a Retired Employee, you can have as many as you want, but try not to go overkill with it.
- Multi-posting is not permitted; if in any case you multi-post and it is accidental, please report it and bring it to a moderator’s attention. The only times it is okay if it's some personal thread (such as a Sharing Time or music thread) or a fan-fiction of yours.
- Bumping a thread is allowed, but keep it within reason. For example, don't bump a thread announcing the premiere date of some new SpongeBob episode when it premiered ages ago.
- Bashing of opinions, fan-fic, user, or ship is prohibited; 10-20 point infraction.
- More than one account (whether or not you’re ban-dodging) is an immediate ban. The only exception for a multiple account is if you are locked out of your old one; in that case, please contact a staff member.
- When using Private Messaging, all rules still apply. Do not abuse people through PMs or talk about inappropriate things in them. If someone is harassing you via PM, report it.
- No begging to get Doubloons (our currency). If we find out you are harassing and/or forcing people to give you Doubloons, you will get a warning. People who donate doubloons out of pity may also and can be warned as well.
- Unless you are given prior permission, posting copyrighted material as a fanfic qualifies as plagiarism and earns you a suspension; the copyrighted material will be removed. If you are given permission, please post a link to the original story and the name of the author. If you cannot get in touch with the author, just do the same thing to credit them.
- Please review a user’s creation respectfully; don’t be too harsh when reviewing, give constructive criticism.
- Spin-Offs should be SpongeBob themed. If you are not into SpongeBob ideas, you can do a Literature - which is what we call a non-SpongeBob fan-fic.
- If your spin-off/lit contains inappropriate material, please use the PG-13 or Mature prefixes. You can add them when making a new topic or editing posts in those forums.
- "Joke" spin-off/lits (works that aren't exactly seriously written) or trollfics are allowed, but only if it at least tells a form of story and is comprehensible. Any work that is incompressible, or flat out spammish writing, will be deleted.
4. SBC Music
- All basic rules from SBC still apply on SBC Music. Moderators and Administrators will be there and can report any incidents that occur there.
- It is fine to have an opinion, but do not bash another member for their music taste.
- No requests can be made that are longer than 15 minutes in length. Doing so will result in the video being skipped automatically by Karen.
- The sole purpose of SBC Music is for music. Unless an official event is occurring at SBC Music that allows for other types of videos to be requested, any non-music request by anyone is subject to the discretion of SBC staff. This includes "joke" videos.
- An exception will be made if you obtain prior permission from a staff member. For example, if MDPP is on SBC Music and you ask to play a video and he says you can, then this rule does not apply for mentioned video.
- Porn is to not be played on SBC Music. Slight nudity is allowed if it's tasteful and does not expose rated "R" content (e.g. "Bicycle Race" by Queen).
5. SpongeBob Jeopardy!, SpongeBob Wheel of Fortune & SpongeCraft
- Just like SBC Music, all basic rules still apply in the Jeopardy, Wheel of Fortune and SpongeCraft chats. Moderators and Administrators will be there and can report any incidents.
- Do not get upset if you don't win a game; you're not always going to win.
- No using the internet (unless told otherwise) during questions in Jeopardy. If we suspect you are cheating, the host can take away points or ban you.
- All other Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune rules can be found in their respective sign-up topics.
- Absolutely no Griefing (griefing is destroying other people's creations without their permission) in SpongeCraft. Depending on the level of destruction, your punishment can range from a suspension to a permanent ban from SpongeCraft and SBC if we find out you are responsible.
- Users do not have to join a team if they do not want to, but do not get angry/upset if you are put on a team you don't want to be on.
- Any user can be disqualified or booted from a contest/tournament if they disrupt the event or cheat in it.
- A user cannot create a Team; they are made only by SBC's staff.
- All other rules still apply with our Teams events; failure to comply may get you kicked off a Team or you will get a warning.
- Team leaders have the right to remove users from a team if they are not active or not contributing to the team in any meaningful way.
7. User Rights
- If a user feels they have been wrongly accused, punished, et cetera, they may report this to an administrator, at which time a jury of users unrelated to the incident can decide the user’s punishment.