388 posts in this topic

The last episode was one of the funniest they have done in a while. Tweek x Craig was my favorite episode of season 19 but I was skeptical that they were gonna do a sequel of this and the premise of Tweek and Craig dealing with issues worried me but they did a great job with this episode. Unlike last episode, the resolution to the plot worked and trump was used better here. Many people worry so much about the fact that Trump pisses off Kim Jong Un that Kim Jong is gonna launch missles and at first this episode was going with message that people should stop worrying so much but I'm glad the message was the fact that we should comfort those who are afraid and concerned. And that's exactly what Craig did at the end of this episode. The second main topic this episode tackled was using phone while driving a car and I'm glad this show decided to tackle with that issue. It concerns me that while I'm on the road, many people don't even think about looking at the road and they just focus on their own phone, so this episode spoke to me. My only complaint with this was that running gag of kids getting hit by cars. First time, it worked as a serious moment and then the episode went a bit too much with this and that was tasteless. Other than that, this episode had tons of funny parts. Cartman was like his old self again, seeing him trying to get attention by fake suicide rumors cracked me up, especially to PC Principal for not giving a crap about Cartman. I'm disappointed that him and Heidi are back together but It makes me happy that Heidi is being more aware of Cartman's horrid behaviour. The rap song by Cartman and the song at the end were all funny, I died when they showed the kids that died by car, Kenny was there. Kenny was also hit by a car and we didn't even see that happening, what a clever way to joke about Kenny dying again. Garrison's tweets about Tweek, Tweek's dad trying to calm down Tweek with fidget spinners and kids laughing at Cartman's suicidal voice message were other funny parts of this episode.

I was impressed by the humor and the commentary on this episode and I hope season 21 will go with the same route.

Grade: A

• Happy 1

2 hours ago, Dr. WhoBruh said:

The last episode was one of the funniest they have done in a while. Tweak x Craig was my favorite episode of season 19 but I was skeptical that they were gonna do a sequel of this and the premise of Tweek and Craig dealing with issues worried me but they did a great job with this episode. Unlike last episode, the resolution to the plot worked and trump was used better here. Many people worry so much about the fact that Trump pisses off Kim Jong Un that Kim Jong is gonna launch missles and at first this episode was going with message that people should stop worrying so much but I'm glad the message was the fact that we should comfort those who are afraid and concerned. And that's exactly what Craig did at the end of this episode. The second main topic this episode tackled was using phone while driving a car and I'm glad this show decided to tackle with that issue. It concerns me that while I'm on the road, many people don't even think about looking at the road and they just focus on their own phone, so this episode spoke to me. My only complaint with this was that running gag of kids getting hit by cars. First time, it worked as a serious moment and then the episode went a bit too much with this and that was tasteless. Other than that, this episode had tons of funny parts. Cartman was like his old self again, seeing him trying to get attention by fake suicide rumors cracked me up, especially to PC Principal for not giving a crap about Cartman. I'm disappointed that him and Heidi are back together but It makes me happy that Heidi is being more aware of Cartman's horrid behaviour. The rap song by Cartman and the song at the end were all funny, I died when they showed the kids that died by car, Kenny was there. Kenny was also hit by a car and we didn't even see that happening, what a clever way to joke about Kenny dying again. Garrison's tweets about Tweet, Tweeks dad trying to calm down Tweek with fidget spinners and kids laughing at Cartman's suicidal voice message were other funny parts of this episode.

I was impressed by the humor and the commentary on this episode and I hope season 21 will go with the same route.

Grade: A

Yeah this episode was great. Cartman rapping was fucking great, as well as the song in the end. On the Trump shit, I'm glad the kind of whole point was "who the fuck cares about what the president is tweeting" and I thought the trump was used a little better here, but I still want that stuff to be kept to a minimum. This was an easy improvement over the premiere and I'm excited to see the next episode before Trey and Matt take their first dark week.

Edited by CyanideFishbone
  • Like 1

A little late to the party but damn great episode.  Much better than anything from last season while we are at it too.  I don't even mind that Cartman and Heidi are seemingly back together because at least Heidi can see the real Cartman for what he is, a narcissist.  That song at the end will be the highlight of this season for me unless they manage to somehow top it because that song is a great representation as to why I have and will always love this show.  

Small note, but that Twitter avatar for Garrison is fucking spot on to the point that I had to pause and laugh at it for a good thirty seconds.

• Like 4

I laughed myself silly when the ASL translator popped up and was very damn well going off on their own tangent. Vintage South Park. It was also actually pretty cute to see more of Craig and Tweek's relationship as an official item.

In my opinion, that was another great episode. I'm glad the boys were more in it, and Randy episodes are almost always a complete treat to watch. So many of the jokes were fantastic with Randy, especially the joke with calling everyone in Columbus and calling them racist, the joke of changing British Columbia to just "British", and him defecating on the Columbus Circle all killed me, especially the first two. I'd give it a 9/10, and oh boy controversial opinion time, as good as last week's episode was, I think I enjoyed this one more because I'm just a sucker for Randy episodes and the comedy in this episode was top notch in my opinion. Also gets bonus points from me because the boys were more in it, which even though they weren't the central focus of the episode, it's still really good to see them getting more inclusive in the plot after a season of Kyle's dad, Cartman, Heidi, and Mr. Garrison. 

Edited by CyanideFishbone

Holiday Special wasn't as funny as Put It Down but another good episode for this season. Yeah, it's another Randy plot but I prefer Randy to be a scum over stupid any time. Him in Columbus costume beating the crap out of the gay native and then one random dude taking a video of that was classic South Park comedy. My favorite aspect of this episode was definitely seeing our main kids do shenanigans again. Finally Kenny is recognized in this episode. Him threatening the person who canceled Columbus day to research on Randy was priceless and the kids wearing masks and kidnapping the person was pretty funny. Of course every scene with the gay native killed me and I love how his parents accepted his sexuality. Randy changing the name of the break day and then everyone not giving a crap about it was great too. One last thing, thank god for no Heidi/Cartman romance. This was the first episode that finally got rid of the continuty and focused on the episodic aspect of this show. This season is definitely on the right track so far.

Grade: B+

Franchise Prequel wasn't as funny as I thought it would be but it was still pretty decent. I didn't quite enjoy Mark Zuckerberg jokes that much. I get why they'd make fun of him after how he shut down FaceBook (it's back tho?) but I didn't care for his subplot and making fun of him doing sound effects got annoying. Coon and Friends and Professor Chaos plot was the only thing that interested me, however it didn't have as many memorable jokes as I wanted, plus not enough Myserion. And why Heidi is still dating Cartman? Just dump him already. Still this episode had some good jokes like the whole Cartman making FB live about Zuckerbeg kicking a black, crippled and a jew kid for discrimination, I loved the way they made fun of intros of Arrowverse shows, especially The Flash, I loved seeing the police making people admit it was their fault to call Zuckerberg and the ending was a great tie in for The Fractured but Whole game.

Grade: B