Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
The Guy in the Sweater

Cartoon Network

Recommended Posts

On 15.03.2017 at 0:51 AM, CyanideFishbone said:

watchcartoononline is your friend.

No!

People complain about schedueling, yet they watch their shows online wtf. None of pirate cartoon sources are right. Yes i do watch cartoons there, not gonna deny but because of the fact I don't live in usa and we are not so good with money, so i'm not so allowed to spend my money on my shows with price online. If I had a cable of usa channels, i'd support them because pirating stuff online is one of the reasons why other shows lost views and TTG gets more views cuz most of kids don't even know pirating yet and adults don't give a shit about watching TTG, except to criticize it. Please support your shows if you are not having troubles with money or actually use cable or live in usa. Most of fault is CN yes. No variety but a part of it goes to those who pirates the shows.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Samurai Jack said:

No!

People complain about schedueling, yet they watch their shows online wtf. None of pirate cartoon sources are right. Yes i do watch cartoons there, not gonna deny but because of the fact I don't live in usa and we are not so good with money, so i'm not so allowed to spend my money on my shows with price online. If I had a cable of usa channels, i'd support them because pirating stuff online is one of the reasons why other shows lost views and TTG gets more views cuz most of kids don't even know pirating yet and adults don't give a shit about watching TTG, except to criticize it. Please support your shows if you are not having troubles with money or actually use cable or live in usa. Most of fault is CN yes. No variety but a part of it goes to those who pirates the shows.

Kenny-beyblade-34080388-500-375.jpg

wut

People are watching Cartoon Network's other shows online...because they're not being played on TV. And if you watch cartoons on watchcartoononline too, how can you complain about people doing the same thing you do? And while it is true that watching TV online illegally does have a negative impact on the ratings of TV shows, it must be pointed out that the reason for the death of cable TV is because of so many people watching TV online legally now. Just, just...look at how many people watch everything on Netflix and Hulu now. TVs nowadays are more like computers now for God's sake.

Like, I'm not mad. I am just...so confused.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Metal Snake said:

Kenny-beyblade-34080388-500-375.jpg

wut

People are watching Cartoon Network's other shows online...because they're not being played on TV. And if you watch cartoons on watchcartoononline too, how can you complain about people doing the same thing you do? And while it is true that watching TV online illegally does have a negative impact on the ratings of TV shows, it must be pointed out that the reason for the death of cable TV is because of so many people watching TV online legally now. Just, just...look at how many people watch everything on Netflix and Hulu now. TVs nowadays are more like computers now for God's sake.

Like, I'm not mad. I am just...so confused.

I don't wanna watch stuff online pirating but i just have no choice man. Like i said blame goes to CN's schedueling but if you can support your tv shows, do it.

EDIT: Ignore my last 2 comments, they are piece of shit, I'm a hypocrite. :/

Edited by Metal Snake
Please don't double post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's such a shame to see this channel get so much hate at the moment. I mean, it was better back in 2015, but this hate has gone so far to the point where crappy Youtube cartoon channels always make videos with clickbait titles and thumbnails just to bring in those sweet, sweet viewers. I'd be fine with it if...

A. It wasn't done so much.

B. They actually put effort into their videos to show they know what they're talking about. Quality over quantity. 

C. Some videos make straight up lies to make CN look bad, like for example, this video:

 

It's act like it's going to be some live-action show on Cartoon Network, when it's just some stage show over there in the Middle East, which made people misunderstand in the comments and ranting more about this channel for no reason, all because of these effortless clickbait videos.

I even got into a pointless debate with someone on this video called "OK KO! Ratings are Rapidly Decreasing" over the Teen Titans Go and bad scheduling bullshit. I will put in spoilers because there's 8 screenshots. They're long debates, but are worth the read. 

 

DIrh-cVUQAA1Ss0.jpg

DIrh-caV4AApGrS.jpg

DIrh-caV4AEtIx3.jpg

DIriLJEVoAAA7XK.jpg

DIriLJbVwAEOYTn.jpg

DIriLJ9V4AAjkeq.jpg

DIriLKRV4AAj0Pp.jpg

@Metal Snake, I like you, but I disagree with you on the above post so much. A lot of people don't even watch cartoons, old or new legally online. There's not many cartoons on Netflix or Hulu from what I've seen. If that were so, then how come sites such as Kimcartoon.me exist? And this youtube channel I mentioned in the pics I posted who's from the Phillipines and leaks stuff from the app before they even premiere like a few days to weeks before: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCskIi930FWkEDTcUF4u-S4Q

It's proof that's one of the reasons why all of the other CN shows are getting way lower ratings than Teen Titans Go, and don't give me that lack of promotion bull. I've been recording breaks of this channel every day since 2014. They promote the heck out of most of their shows (only ones they don't promote are/were Uncle Grandpa (rip :(), Adventure Time (it's lost its luster anyway, still a shame though), Mighty Magiswords, PPG 2016, and acquired programming). Sure, watching leaks illegally isn't the ONLY reason why those shows aren't getting good ratings, but it's a big part of it.

If people are so mad about their shows doing bad, blame the fans who have the resources TO watch it legally (the CN APP, or watch the new episode when it comes on, people upload CN promos all the time, CN lets you know on social media and there's people who do CN schedule archives).

If you want to debate with me on this, I'd love to do a mature debate. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From how I'm seeing it, the reason O.K. K.O.! has been declining in the ratings is either because of the premiere month burnout or just the fear of O.K. K.O.! getting cancelled itself because apparently, too much TTG means less promotion and support for the other show from CN, so why bother catching it on a network that supports TTG so much? - that in which would be an example of the "The Firefly Effect." That large rant aside, those comments just go to show just how overbearing most fans are about CN.

I think some people should just get off their hypocritical butts and support the shows that they want to save from cancellation by watching it on TV or on the app. If these overbearing fans are so mad about CN's better shows falling in the ratings and taking up less space on the schedule, they can simply catch them so that the shows can get the compensation that they need to survive on the network. I don't think the whole situation with people watching the shows online is too much of a bad thing, some people will upload episodes or leaks to YouTube or any other format, and I definitely don't support the idea, but I know otherwise that this kinda thing won't stop anytime soon. I'm surprised that the video you've shown wasn't from VSB94, but it's really daunting when some people listen to the type of YouTubers that form this lynch mob mentality more than the ones that actually do a lot of research like MarsReviews or Saberspark. It probably won't even be long until someone at CN's upcoming 25th anniversary panel cries out "COME ON CHRISTINA MILLER, GIVE US INFINITY TRAIN!!!" cuz' you know, if there's anything CN should fix anytime soon, they could try to fix their overbearing fans that are demanding the network to be whatever they want for it to be.

I'm probably sounding harsh towards these kind of people, but I can't seem to catch a break with them. Fans will be fans, but I get annoyed, so I'm proud enough that you tried to get some folks to open their minds a bit.

Edited by Steel Sponge
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Steel Sponge said:

From how I'm seeing it, the reason O.K. K.O.! has been declining in the ratings is either because of the premiere month burnout or just the fear of O.K. K.O.! getting cancelled itself because apparently, too much TTG means less promotion and support for the other show from CN, so why bother catching it on a network that supports TTG so much? - that in which would be an example of the "The Firefly Effect." That large rant aside, those comments just go to show just how overbearing most fans are about CN.

I think some people should just get off their hypocritical butts and support the shows that they want to save from cancellation by watching it on TV or on the app. If these overbearing fans are so mad about CN's better shows falling in the ratings and taking up less space on the schedule, they can simply catch them so that the shows can get the compensation that they need to survive on the network. I don't think the whole situation with people watching the shows online is too much of a bad thing, some people will upload episodes or leaks to YouTube or any other format, and I definitely don't support the idea, but I know otherwise that this kinda thing won't stop anytime soon. I'm surprised that the video you've shown wasn't from VSB94, but it's really daunting when some people listen to the type of YouTubers that form this lynch mob mentality more than the ones that actually do a lot of research like MarsReviews or Saberspark. It probably won't even be long until someone at CN's upcoming 25th anniversary panel cries out "COME ON CHRISTINA MILLER, GIVE US INFINITY TRAIN!!!" cuz' you know, if there's anything CN should fix anytime soon, they could try to fix their overbearing fans that are demanding the network to be whatever they want for it to be.

Apologies if I came off as harsh, but I can't seem to catch a break with these kind of people. Fans will be fans, but I get annoyed, so I'm proud enough that you tried to get some folks to open their minds a bit.

No problem, Steel. I would love to even make a video on this annoying hatedom that CN currently has right now, but a few things such as Tourettes, bad voice, no actual good software and equipment is currently holding me back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, President Squidward said:

It's such a shame to see this channel get so much hate at the moment. I mean, it was better back in 2015, but this hate has gone so far to the point where crappy Youtube cartoon channels always make videos with clickbait titles and thumbnails just to bring in those sweet, sweet viewers. I'd be fine with it if...

A. It wasn't done so much.

B. They actually put effort into their videos to show they know what they're talking about. Quality over quantity. 

C. Some videos make straight up lies to make CN look bad, like for example, this video:

 

 

It's act like it's going to be some live-action show on Cartoon Network, when it's just some stage show over there in the Middle East, which made people misunderstand in the comments and ranting more about this channel for no reason, all because of these effortless clickbait videos.

I even got into a pointless debate with someone on this video called "OK KO! Ratings are Rapidly Decreasing" over the Teen Titans Go and bad scheduling bullshit. I will put in spoilers because there's 8 screenshots. They're long debates, but are worth the read. 

 

  Hide contents

 

DIrh-cVUQAA1Ss0.jpg

DIrh-caV4AApGrS.jpg

DIrh-caV4AEtIx3.jpg

DIriLJEVoAAA7XK.jpg

DIriLJbVwAEOYTn.jpg

DIriLJ9V4AAjkeq.jpg

DIriLKRV4AAj0Pp.jpg

 

@Metal Snake, I like you, but I disagree with you on the above post so much. A lot of people don't even watch cartoons, old or new legally online. There's not many cartoons on Netflix or Hulu from what I've seen. If that were so, then how come sites such as Kimcartoon.me exist? And this youtube channel I mentioned in the pics I posted who's from the Phillipines and leaks stuff from the app before they even premiere like a few days to weeks before: 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCskIi930FWkEDTcUF4u-S4Q

It's proof that's one of the reasons why all of the other CN shows are getting way lower ratings than Teen Titans Go, and don't give me that lack of promotion bull. I've been recording breaks of this channel every day since 2014. They promote the heck out of most of their shows (only ones they don't promote are/were Uncle Grandpa (rip :(), Adventure Time (it's lost its luster anyway, still a shame though), Mighty Magiswords, PPG 2016, and acquired programming). Sure, watching leaks illegally isn't the ONLY reason why those shows aren't getting good ratings, but it's a big part of it.

If people are so mad about their shows doing bad, blame the fans who have the resources TO watch it legally (the CN APP, or watch the new episode when it comes on, people upload CN promos all the time, CN lets you know on social media and there's people who do CN schedule archives).

If you want to debate with me on this, I'd love to do a mature debate. ;)

 

 

First of all, I'll get out of the way that I did not literally mean Cartoon Network never plays or promotes their shows. I meant that they're not being played at times that a lot of people find convenient. Not just because of the TTG marathons they don't want to sit through, but also because of work and other interferences. Also, this post was made around the time where the TTG oversaturation was peaking. Hell, O.K. KO! Heroes wasn't even out yet.

Second, of course a lot of people watch cartoons online, legally and illegally. Have you even seen the decline of the ratings in cartoons on any channel besides Cartoon Network? Even though Cartoon Network's already a good enough example with TTG's ratings declining too, and not just their other shows? Look at the ratings, for let's say, The Simpsons or Family Guy, two primetime shows back in 2008. Back when cable TV was still strong despite illegal uploads of cartoons on the internet being a big thing. Then look at their ratings after the landscape of TV started shifting more towards the internet.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Simpsons_episodes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Family_Guy_episodes

"WELL THAT'S BECAUSE THEY SUCK NOW"

No, that's not the reason. People simply don't watch cable TV like they used to.

Third, why are you using anecdotal evidence to try and go up against a fact? Not only have I seen cartoons on internet-connected TVs...

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/top-lists/top-10-cartoon-network-shows-netflix/

https://www.hulu.com/network/cartoon-network

It's a fact that they are a thing. And I know CN had to take some of their Netflix shows off because of Warner Bros.' BS, but that's beside the point. And the reason illegal sites for hosting that shit exist is because some people, like me, are cheap bastards. Granted, I wouldn't use Kimcartoon.me, but it exists because you have to pay for Netflix and Hulu.

I...don't see what there is to debate. I do agree that if people like Cartoon Network's new shows, and they're accessible to them, they should be supporting them. But everything else is a huge gray area. I wasn't trying to say it's right to pirate shit, I was just trying to remain neutral and put the facts first.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CN has released this bumper to celebrate their 25th anniversary. If you couldn't tell already, Cartoon Network has barely done anything towards their schedule on the day of the anniversary to celebrate it, but still, we got this, and...while I hope that this isn't all CN has to offer for celebrating their anniversary, this is a very cool looking bumper.

Edited by Cousin Mel
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cousin Mel said:

Looks like Cartoon Network's "worst year ever" is going to end with a bang:

image.thumb.png.567f549fbe46e3109e65751b976df881.png

We're going to be feeling very yellow before all these 8 days are up.

our only ray of sunshine is on 12/29 with su at 7:30-7:45, but even then it's gonna be a post-trying to revitalize it ep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cousin Mel said:

Looks like Cartoon Network's "worst year ever" is going to end with a bang:

image.thumb.png.567f549fbe46e3109e65751b976df881.png

We're going to be feeling very yellow before all these 8 days are up.

Now that's a piss stain you don't want to clean up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

I wish. I think people love that channel now for two shows. ?

loud house gonna suck now since chris got fired.

 

so it's now one show, whoops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, President Squidward said:

I wish. I think people love that channel now for two shows. ?

I do agree that people tend to overrate Nick's "improvements", however, not only is that a different subject altogether, I do not see anyone voicing their grievances on Cartoon Network as doing anything wrong so long as they're cool about it. I know you've had bad experiences elsewhere on the internet, but here, this is just for fun.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, President Squidward said:

we're still complaining about CN? 

I get being annoyed at the constant shitting on CN for stuff but like

they are playing the exact same show 

for a WEEK straight with the exception of one one-hour block 

who wouldn't complain

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×