Grim

Aladdin (2019)

I'm just gonna go ahead and say it that I could see a live action re-imagining of Aladdin being able to work. Knowing the general response that most of Disney's live-action adapted films tend to get, I feel like I already know the outcome, so I'd want for this to surprise me. If it underwhelms, then I know that I'm going to say "yeaaaaah nope."

Well, I certainly do love the look of the teaser trailer. If the rest of the movie looks as good as that, I'm all FOR it! :D I wonder who they're going to get to play the Genie? I hope it's Jack Black, because he's probably one of the FEW people around, who can match Robin Williams in terms of off-the-wall, non-stop energy! :cool: Enough said! ;)

• Funny 1

Well, can't say Aladdin was one of my utmost favorite Disney movies to begin with, but the scenery in the remake does look incredibly gorgeous. Can't speak on behalf of the Cave of Wonders though; it doesn't look as flattering as the original's, but I suppose that's the point, right? With what the fact that touching anything but the lamp will have catastrophic results? Eh, maybe I'm looking too far into it.

What's nice about this particular live-action remake is that unlike some Disney has to come (coughcoughLionKingcoughcough), the actual live action elements will be very much prominent throughout. Although that said, the Genie is going to be laced with CGI, isn't he? Well, I suppose I'll learn to appreciate that.

I'm really hoping Will Smith is able to bring the Genie some new life in this reboot in his own characteristic style. I'm not going to lie, but I'm incredibly sick of hearing people online whinge about how he doesn't compare to Robin Williams. I mean, that's cool I guess, but like, if you have nothing better to say about Smith here and won't even give him a chance to do his own thing with the Genie then don't even bother with this and stick to the original movie then. I'm not saying I'm a diehard fan of Will Smith, but he's had a pretty lively career and has his own sort of comedic flair, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this portrayal of Genie is influenced by that.

(Also would scoff at a Fresh Prince reference if one were ever to make it in the movie...but it'd still be an interesting callback to Smith's filmography; after all, the Genie is known for his references to pop culture...)