Sign in to follow this  
jjsthekid

Solo: A Star Wars Story

5 posts in this topic

The next Star Wars anthology film, coming out May 25th.

If you aren't aware, this movie has had some behind the scenes drama. The original directors (Phil Lord & Chris Miller) were fired mid-production due to creative differences. Ron Howard had to cruise control whatever was left, along with reshooting the entire film. I just hope it turned out alright after all that.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 1

Late to the party in regards to posting my thoughts on this topic.  I could practically copy and paste what I wrote in the other new Star Wars topic and it would be more or less the same feeling.

Instead, I’ll just comment on this individual film.  My first impression is that the guy they casted as young Han Solo is uncharismatic as hell.  He looks like a young Harrison Ford yes, but he did not make me believe he was Han at all that entire trailer.  Everything else looked decent to me.  Every time Donald Glover showed up, I thought to myself, yes that is Lando.  Everyone else I don’t know much about their new characters and the new droid looks a lot like Alpha from Power Rangers.  But it’s a big problem that new Han has made me cringe this early on.