Kairi❤

'Unite the Right' Rally in Charlottesville

79 posts in this topic

Kairi❤    1,612

A riot is currently going on in Charlottesville, Virginia, with participants chanting phrases like 'white lives matter' and other pro-white phrases. The riot first formed as a response to the Black Lives Matter movement, with many whites feeling targeted by the groups rhetoric. Trump has recently denounced the events, but things continue to heat up with one protestor even being killed. 

XZwTcUN.png

QVDHoc9.png

Personally, I am beyond tired of riots like this, the hatred they spread, and the violence that occurs. 

hkO1q0K.gif

6/13

Spoiler

tumblr_nvnujz4a5g1qduicbo3_500.gif

If you ask me, these riots are rather extreme, to put it lightly, but what do you expect when you have a bunch of pissed off right-wingers who feel they've been suppressed by the PC attitude in one place?

RpghUvg.png

Thanks to Sandy for this sig!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active Works: Power Rangers: Multiverse ForceParanoia

Inactive/Cancelled/Ended Works: Cerebus the Aardvark (cancelled), Warhammer 40,000: Underhive (on hiatus)

I was the August 2016 Employee of the Month!

Katniss    3,358

(edited)

They're doing the Nazi salute and holding up the Nazi flag...that is not okay. This isn't about "being attacked by PC culture". This is actively spreading hatred. 

And hearing about that car driving into anti-racist protesters makes this even more messed up. Violence is not going to solve anything. I hope those who were injured will be okay and my condolences for the person who was killed.

Edited by Katniss

ME7EZnY.gif

Spoiler

HhQOcLV.jpg

signature by shin

I was the June 2015 Employee Of The Month

Dr. WhoBruh    2,022

this is beyond disgusting.

>nazi saluting...

these people should just fuck off.

Some of us are good and some of us are bad. Just like there are some good black people and some bad black people.

by @SpongeBob's #1 Fan

from last day of SBM

blogentry-4248-0-24739600-1502658503.png

Signature by @FunnyKid2014

married to @illiniguy34 

husbando <333333

Spoiler

tumblr_m66h2bO1y91rnvso3.gif

whomoody

Spoiler

anigif_enhanced-buzz-20727-1371152618-17

Spoiler

I'm a mad man who is the employee of February 2014 and a fan of Chris Evans, SpongeBob, Doctor Who, movies, Gravity Falls, Zoidberg, Tiny Rick and Stewie Griffin.

Indeed so, most indeededly.

...I've looked into this a bit further, and...yeaaah, this isn't okay. There's a difference between "being oppressed by PC culture" and "HEIL HITLER!". 

Just now, Walter Bishop said:

this is beyond disgusting.

>nazi saluting...

these people should just fuck off.

Exactly. Even Trump's disgusted by this shit. And he should be.

RpghUvg.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inactive/Cancelled/Ended Works: Cerebus the Aardvark (cancelled), Warhammer 40,000: Underhive (on hiatus)

sbl    371

Ladies and gentlemen, 2017. Also that former leader of the KKK said that they're "respecting Trump's orders, he said to take back the country".

kZg8eyV.png

Signature made by me

Accomplishments

Spoiler

- Employee of the Month for January 2016

- Runner-up in the Fry Cook Games III for March Madness 2016

10 minutes ago, sbl said:

Also that former leader of the KKK said that they're "respecting Trump's orders, he said to take back the country".

...I have no words.

RpghUvg.png

Wumbo    6,685
1 hour ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Exactly. Even Trump's disgusted by this shit. And he should be.

Anyone who looks at this and says "violence on many sides" is not disgusted by anyone and was forced to do a press conference. Trump is a white supremacist.

Spoiler

Year-End Bests and Worsts:

1959: "What'd I Say" - Ray Charles/"Alvin's Harmonica" - The Chipmunks
1960: "Georgia on My Mind" - Ray Charles/"Alley Oop" - The Hollywood Argyles
1961: "Hit the Road Jack" - Ray Charles/"Wheels" - The String-A-Longs
1963: "Fingertips" - Little Stevie Wonder/"Washington Square" - The Village Stompers
1964: "The House of the Rising Sun" - The Animals/"Everybody Loves Somebody" - Dean Martin
1966: "Wipe Out" - The Surfaris/"Winchester Cathedral" - New Vaudeville Band
1967: "Light My Fire" - The Doors/"I Got Rhythm" - The Happenings
1971: "Won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who/"Go Away Little Girl" - Donny Osmond
1972: "Roundabout" - Yes/"A Horse with No Name" - America
1973: "Space Oddity" - David Bowie/"Playground in My Mind" - Clint Holmes
1974: "Living for the City" - Stevie Wonder/"(You're) Having My Baby" - Paul Anka
1975: "The Ballroom Blitz" - Sweet/"Love Will Keep Us Together" - Captain & Tennille
1976: "Evil Woman" - Electric Light Orchestra/"Get Up and Boogie" - Silver Convention
1977: "Blinded by the Light" - Manfred Mann's Earth Band/"Muskrat Love" - Captain & Tennille
1980: "Call Me" - Blondie/"Do That to Me One More Time" - Captain & Tennille
1981: "Celebration" - Kool & the Gang/"Morning Train (Nine to Five)" - Sheena Easton

1983: "Come on Eileen" - Dexys Midnight Runners/"Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" - Culture Club
1985: "Don't You (Forget About Me)" - Simple Minds/"Sea of Love" - The Honeydrippers

1986: "What You Need" - INXS/"Glory of Love" - Peter Cetera
1987: "With or Without You" - U2/"Lean on Me" - Club Nouveau

1990: "Nothing Compares 2 U" - Sinéad O'Connor/"This One's for the Children" - New Kids on the Block
1991: "I Touch Myself" - Divinyls/"The Way You Do the Things You Do" - UB40
1995: "Gangsta's Paradise" - Coolio ft. L.V./"Total Eclipse of the Heart" - Nicki French

1996: "Follow You Down"/"Til I Hear it From You" - Gin Blossoms/"Macarena" - Los Del Rio
1998: "One Week" - Barenaked Ladies/"Truly Madly Deeply" - Savage Garden
2001: "Ms. Jackson" - OutKast/"It's Been Awhile" - Staind
2002: "Without Me" - Eminem/"Gimme the Light" - Sean Paul
2005: "Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson/"You and Me" - Lifehouse
2007: "Stronger" - Kanye West/"Party Like a Rockstar" - Shop Boyz
2008: "Live Your Life" - T.I. ft. Rihanna/"What You Got" - Colby O'Donis ft. Akon

2010: "Love the Way You Lie" - Eminem ft. Rihanna/"Tie Me Down" - New Boyz ft. Ray J
2011: "The Edge of Glory" - Lady Gaga/"Tonight Tonight" - Hot Chelle Rae
2012: "Somebody That I Used to Know" - Gotye ft. Kimbra/"Sexy and I Know It" - LMFAO
2013: "Same Love" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert/"Harlem Shake" - Baauer
2014: "0 to 100/The Catch Up" - Drake/"Animals" - Maroon 5
2015: "Uptown Funk!" - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars/"Watch Me" - Silentó
2016: "Ride" - twenty one pilots/"One Call Away" - Charlie Puth

On 7/12/2013 at 0:45 PM, Elastic Dawg said:

Also, Chad Kroeger kinda looks like Joan Osbourne with a beard.

crushingmayhem    1,355

Racism is pathetic, we all bleed the same blood and step on the same soil, why can't those people understand that. The US was built on top of a Native American civilization, they're just as immigrants as any other group. Spreading hatred won't solve problems, rather it turns back the clock on progress. Nazi saluting is just ridiculous, any extremism is bad and will never solve what we've achieved over the last 50 years. If the US didn't have immigrants it would fail since that's the foundation of their country. Better learn to live together and deal with reality than try to bring the past into the present.

5967d90503d2e_mysig.png.39fb2d3811218b924b66e56f1f637170.png

Spoiler

crushingmayhem.png

13 minutes ago, crushingmayhem said:

Racism is pathetic, we all bleed the same blood and step on the same soil, why can't those people understand that. The US was built on top of a Native American civilization, they're just as immigrants as any other group. Spreading hatred won't solve problems, rather it turns back the clock on progress. Nazi saluting is just ridiculous, any extremism is bad and will never solve what we've achieved over the last 50 years. If the US didn't have immigrants it would fail since that's the foundation of their country. Better learn to live together and deal with reality than try to bring the past into the present.

My sentiments exactly.

RpghUvg.png

Wumbo    6,685
22 minutes ago, Wumbo said:

Anyone who looks at this and says "violence on many sides" is not disgusted by anyone and was forced to do a press conference. Trump is a white supremacist.

My sentiments exactly.

Spoiler

Year-End Bests and Worsts:

1959: "What'd I Say" - Ray Charles/"Alvin's Harmonica" - The Chipmunks
1960: "Georgia on My Mind" - Ray Charles/"Alley Oop" - The Hollywood Argyles
1961: "Hit the Road Jack" - Ray Charles/"Wheels" - The String-A-Longs
1963: "Fingertips" - Little Stevie Wonder/"Washington Square" - The Village Stompers
1964: "The House of the Rising Sun" - The Animals/"Everybody Loves Somebody" - Dean Martin
1966: "Wipe Out" - The Surfaris/"Winchester Cathedral" - New Vaudeville Band
1967: "Light My Fire" - The Doors/"I Got Rhythm" - The Happenings
1971: "Won't Get Fooled Again" - The Who/"Go Away Little Girl" - Donny Osmond
1972: "Roundabout" - Yes/"A Horse with No Name" - America
1973: "Space Oddity" - David Bowie/"Playground in My Mind" - Clint Holmes
1974: "Living for the City" - Stevie Wonder/"(You're) Having My Baby" - Paul Anka
1975: "The Ballroom Blitz" - Sweet/"Love Will Keep Us Together" - Captain & Tennille
1976: "Evil Woman" - Electric Light Orchestra/"Get Up and Boogie" - Silver Convention
1977: "Blinded by the Light" - Manfred Mann's Earth Band/"Muskrat Love" - Captain & Tennille
1980: "Call Me" - Blondie/"Do That to Me One More Time" - Captain & Tennille
1981: "Celebration" - Kool & the Gang/"Morning Train (Nine to Five)" - Sheena Easton

1983: "Come on Eileen" - Dexys Midnight Runners/"Do You Really Want to Hurt Me" - Culture Club
1985: "Don't You (Forget About Me)" - Simple Minds/"Sea of Love" - The Honeydrippers

1986: "What You Need" - INXS/"Glory of Love" - Peter Cetera
1987: "With or Without You" - U2/"Lean on Me" - Club Nouveau

1990: "Nothing Compares 2 U" - Sinéad O'Connor/"This One's for the Children" - New Kids on the Block
1991: "I Touch Myself" - Divinyls/"The Way You Do the Things You Do" - UB40
1995: "Gangsta's Paradise" - Coolio ft. L.V./"Total Eclipse of the Heart" - Nicki French

1996: "Follow You Down"/"Til I Hear it From You" - Gin Blossoms/"Macarena" - Los Del Rio
1998: "One Week" - Barenaked Ladies/"Truly Madly Deeply" - Savage Garden
2001: "Ms. Jackson" - OutKast/"It's Been Awhile" - Staind
2002: "Without Me" - Eminem/"Gimme the Light" - Sean Paul
2005: "Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson/"You and Me" - Lifehouse
2007: "Stronger" - Kanye West/"Party Like a Rockstar" - Shop Boyz
2008: "Live Your Life" - T.I. ft. Rihanna/"What You Got" - Colby O'Donis ft. Akon

2010: "Love the Way You Lie" - Eminem ft. Rihanna/"Tie Me Down" - New Boyz ft. Ray J
2011: "The Edge of Glory" - Lady Gaga/"Tonight Tonight" - Hot Chelle Rae
2012: "Somebody That I Used to Know" - Gotye ft. Kimbra/"Sexy and I Know It" - LMFAO
2013: "Same Love" - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis ft. Mary Lambert/"Harlem Shake" - Baauer
2014: "0 to 100/The Catch Up" - Drake/"Animals" - Maroon 5
2015: "Uptown Funk!" - Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars/"Watch Me" - Silentó
2016: "Ride" - twenty one pilots/"One Call Away" - Charlie Puth

On 7/12/2013 at 0:45 PM, Elastic Dawg said:

Also, Chad Kroeger kinda looks like Joan Osbourne with a beard.

2 hours ago, crushingmayhem said:

Racism is pathetic, we all bleed the same blood and step on the same soil, why can't those people understand that. The US was built on top of a Native American civilization, they're just as immigrants as any other group.

Too bad us Natives are getting the short end of the stick. :(

RRPL4rv.png

I was the December 2013 Employee Of The Month!

crushingmayhem    1,355
11 minutes ago, This is a username. Enjoy it. said:

Too bad us Natives are getting the short end of the stick. :(

That's really sad. Even though it was originally your land you don't get a bigger piece of the pie. I guess all what politicians care about is their pockets instead of compensating natives for what happened in the past.

5967d90503d2e_mysig.png.39fb2d3811218b924b66e56f1f637170.png

Spoiler

crushingmayhem.png

4EverGreen    520

Trump's slogan for 2020 (if he even manages to LAST that long, which I seriously DOUBT), should be "White People; SH**TING on every other race since 1607!" If he DIDN'T live in the White House, he would be BEYOND pathetic! :rolleyes:

Efficiency is my game!

Clappy    10,477

I currently live a half hour away from downtown Charlottesville where this took place and use to work three minutes from there.  The phrase "this hits super close to home" can't even begin to describe how shocked this makes me feel to see this plastered all over my local news channels.  This is not the Charlottesville I know and this is not the America I know.  This whole incident is just disgusting.  Such a gross display of violence and using tactics employed by radical Islamists.  

Our failure of a president doesn't even denounce it right.  My mailman could have delivered a more thoughtful sincere speech than that scripted bullshit Trump recited declaring both sides responsible.  Trump has already shown the free world who he is no matter how many times he backtracks on Twitter or posts revised statements so I'll just say this.  One of the sides used a motor vehicle with the intent to kill and succeeded.

abY4UjC.gif 

I moved this topic to Squidward's House because there are deaths involved and the topic became sensitive.

So there's video footage of what happened at the rally...

Warning: this spoiler has gore and mature content. Open with discretion.

Spoiler

I feel so bad for all those affected by this act of terrorism... :(

...How does running over protesters count as "terrorism"? If anything it should be counted as "running over a crowd with a car". Make no mistake, this is incredibly sad, but why is it "terrorism" and not "vehicular homicide"?

I apologize, this just REALLY confuses me.

RpghUvg.png

Kairi❤    1,612
2 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

...How does running over protesters count as "terrorism"? If anything it should be counted as "running over a crowd with a car". Make no mistake, this is incredibly sad, but why is it "terrorism" and not "vehicular homicide"?

ter·ror·ism
ˈterəˌrizəm/
noun

1. the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.

hkO1q0K.gif

6/13

Spoiler

tumblr_nvnujz4a5g1qduicbo3_500.gif

2 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

The guy used a car as a murder weapon to scare the anti-racist protesters away. That, by definition, is terrorism. It's like an Arab setting off a bomb in some city: using a deadly weapon to scare people into obeying what the perpetrators want. In this case, they wanted the protestors to go away.