Chef

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie 3: It's a Wonderful Sponge Discussion

(edited)

This sounds better than dumb retcons, but I am still skeptical about this.

the most hilarious thing that i was kind right about nick's awful marketing, instead of revealing, you know, the IMPORTANT part of the movie, they revealed details of opening scene.

nick, hire actual competent people that can promote shit.

or in that case, hire at least someone competent.

Edited by Klu
  • Funny 1

I have a feeling this movie will go down a route where Gary is the one who somehow brings SpongeBob and the gang (or just him and Patrick) together at summer camp, and since Poseidon kidnapped them they reminisce about how they all met.

It would also show what the world would be like if Gary didn't exist as a homage to It's a Wonderful Life with SpongeBob never meeting the rest of the crew, which is all bringing together a m a g i c a l m o m e n t t h a t b r i n g s m e a n i n g t o t h e p o w e r o f t r u e f r i e n d s h i p

Edited by ExtraAbsorbent
  • Wow 3
  • God Himself 1

as much as movie seems so far iffy, i am glad that at least gary and spongebob's relationship focus was retained from previous version of third movie, since it seemed like the best part of it anyway

• Like 2

Oh no, you're all mistaken, they didn't mean they're gonna do a parody of "It's A Wonderful Life", they ACTUALLY mean "It's A Wonderful Life With Maggot", as Poseidon takes Gary away with him, like Maggot does with Jacob and Maurizio.

This movie is gonna be a tie in to prepare for Squnschpunsch oH BOY!!!

Edited by President Squidward
  • Happy 1
  • Funny 1

On 4/4/2019 at 6:24 PM, Old Man Jenkins said:

Maybe they'll use similar connotations (like how Shell City was just some souvenir shop) with Poseidon since there's like an actual Poseidon restaurant in Atlantic City and maybe they serve snail idk. It's hard for me to imagine that they'll actually introduce Poseidon as his own character separate from Neptune and that he has some reason to personally kidnap Gary, and then what, take him for a weekend of gambling in Atlantic City of all places? There's gotta be a catch or somethin

I swear to god if they actually do this catch as a reference to the first movie I will do the wallaby