• Advertisement

The Walking Community

Clappy

20 point to Clappy! (If you know what I mean :P)

No one knows what you mean.

Anywho, since I am back for awhile, the pilot will air Tuesday next week if all goes according to plan.

• Like 2

Sorry for the delay, but here is the long awaited second episode:

2. Withdrawal

At a picturesque camping ground outside of SBC, survivors have setup a camp among mountainous terrain. Enduring the hot, mid-day summer heat, members of the camp are busy with various tasks — from the roof of an RV, elderly administrator Ssj watches the perimeter of the camp for signs of danger; men are fixing and servicing various things; women are doing laundry and gathering supplies.

A man named Drake comes up to Skype, who sits at a fire pit. Drake asks how to tell if the mushrooms she cooked are poisonous, to which Skype replies there's only one sure way she knows of - which would be to eat one and get sick. Unsatisfied with that method, Drake wants Skype to ask Nuggets when he gets back. Skype nods before she excuses herself to look for more mushrooms in the forest. She tells her son Teenj, who's playing in the dirt, to stay where Ssj can see him. "Yes, mom," says Teenj. Ssj, carrying a gun and binoculars and wearing a jester's hat, tells Skype not to go too far, either.

Skype heads into the forest alone, unnerved by the sounds of snapping branches and moving brush, while she bends down to search for more mushrooms. The sounds intensify and Skype looks around fearfully, treading carefully through the dense forest. A pair of hands grab her, covering her mouth to keep her from screaming. Skype struggles to turn toward her attacker, and is relieved upon realizing that the person restraining her is actually Nuggets; who has been waiting for Skype to make her way into the forest where the two of them can be alone. Skype asks "How much time do we have?" Nuggets asks, kissing her. "Enough time to “instant message”," Skype replies, and the two begin to undress. Skype wears Dylan's wedding ring on a locket around her neck, which she and Nuggets eye with a flash of guilt before she takes the locket off and Nuggets “gets on Skype”.

Meanwhile back in SBC, sealed inside the social groups, Dylan says over the radio: "Shin! I'm a little concerned in here gaiz~." Shin’s voice replies that Dylan is surrounded by zombies and advises him to make a run for it while they're distracted and busy eating Mystery. He asks if Shin on the other end can see his bag of guns — Shin quickly tells him to forget about the bag, insisting not to even consider doing such a thing.

Dylan collects a grenade from the dead guest and a metal bar from the floor, and pops through the top hatch. Most of the zombies are still distracted by the horse, but one is nearby and turns to Dylan, reaching for him. Dylan dispatches the zombie with his metal pipe, jumps off of the tank, and runs down a nearby sidewalk toward an alleyway, shooting zombies along the way. Quickly turning the corner, Dylan is surprised by Shin as he exclaims "What’s good baby boo!" The two then race up a ladder to the roof, stopping to catch their breath on a platform halfway up.

"Nice moves there, Johnny Yong Bosch. Are you the new red ranger? Come riding in to kick some Ivan Ooze ass?" Shin asks.

Dylan thanks Shin for saving his life. As they walk across the roof, Dylan asks Shin why he stuck his neck out for him back there, to which Shin replies, "You would do the same for me...wouldn’t you?"

Shin leads Dylan down a staircase to an alley, which is free of all but four zombies thanks to a blockade. When they reach street level, Shin radios his group, prompting two people wearing riot gear and brandishing baseball bats to emerge from the building and beat down the zombies. Dylan and Shin rush into the shoutbox, followed by the people in riot gear.

Inside, a woman later revealed to be Aya, points a gun in Dylan's face, furious at his recklessness. "We're dead because you aren’t asking the great Aya anything," she tells him. In response to the look of bewilderment on Dylan's face, Simon Anderson informs Dylan that his gunshots have attracted scores of zombies and that the shoutbox is still dead. Aya seethes at the lack of questions for her, as the group's attention turns to a crowd of zombies outside that are slamming themselves against the outer set of glass-pane doors, furiously trying to gain entry. One of the zombies has a rock and bangs it heavily against the doors of the shoutbox; a pane of glass begins to crack.

The group questions Dylan about what he was doing roaming around the streets of SBC aimlessly, given the current circumstances. Dylan tries to explain, saying he was trying to flag down a helicopter. The other woman in the group, Jenna, suggests that it was just an hallucination. "I saw it and wanted to do the guy in it," she insists forcefully. A man, revealed to be JCM, is trying to make radio contact with another unknown group, but fails to get a signal, wondering if they might have better luck on higher ground. Muffled cannon shots are heard. "Oh god, is that Trophy? Why isn’t he asking me questions?" Aya says in disbelief, as they all leave to investigate.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The group's suspicions are confirmed as they emerge onto the rooftop and find Trophy firing at zombies in the street with his cannon. Simon Anderson and JCM chastise Trophy for wasting ammo and attracting more zombies. Trophy scoffs at taking orders from people who don’t bow to his fists which triggers a fight. Trophy easily subdues JCM and presses the cannon to his forehead, before spitting on his chest and proposing a change in leadership. He offers to take everyone here under his wing if you know what he means. Brandishing that cannon and holding JCM hostage, the group is forced to vote in favor of Trophy being their new leader.

Suddenly Dylan intervenes, hitting Trophy with the butt of the rifle and punching him in the face before handcuffing him to a pipe. "Things are different now," Dylan tells Trophy. "There's me…then the rest of you gaiz~. We survive this by pulling together, not apart." He holds a gun to Trophy's head to cool him down, but when Trophy challenges that he wouldn't shoot him because he is the only sports fan on SBC, Dylan answers, "All I am anymore is a man looking for his Skype and his teenj." He finds a stash of “sugar” in Trophy's shirt pocket and tosses the canister over the roof — much to Trophy's displeasure.

Simon Anderson informs Dylan there's no help center, scoffing that it was a pipe dream; just like activity in the shoutbox, and that they are part of a larger group of survivors staying outside the city, but JCM can't reach them on the radio. Trophy, still handcuffed to the pipe, insults Aya’s alleged greatness, but she stands her ground. "We're on our own," Dylan says. With the streets no longer safe, Dylan suggests they try to escape underground. Jenna, who formerly worked prostituting herself around SBC, mentions that the old shoutbox might have a glitch that would provide access to an escape, prompting the group to head back downstairs to locate the old shoutbox. JCM stays behind to keep an eye on Trophy, and to continue attempting to make contact with the rest of the group, presumably somewhere outside of SBC.

Shin, Dylan, Aya, Simon Anderson, and Jenna stand at the top of a ladder that descends below them, fading into darkness. The group exchange uncertain glances with one another, and Shin infers that they all seem to expect him to be the one to explore the depths before them. Frustrated by the predicament, Shin mentions that he has made numerous supply runs successfully by himself, adding "The first time I bring a group, everything goes to hell."

Aya tries to reassure Shin, adding "We'll be right behind you answering questions." Shin retorts "No, not you!" and explains that if something goes wrong down there, he doesn't want everyone jammed behind him, hindering his escape. Instead, Shin sends Dylan and Aya to watch the current shoutbox front to handle the 'Dead' in case they break in, Jenna to stand atop the ladder stripping in warn of danger, and Simon Anderson to come with him into the sewer so he can shut the fuck up about the shoutbox.

Shin and Simon Anderson head to the advertisement-infested, pitch-dark basement armed with flashlights, while Dylan and Aya stand guard at the front of the store, zombies clawing at the windowed doors. "Sorry for the gun in your face, I just want people to ask me questions" Aya says to Dylan, who hopes to further earn the group's trust by helping them all get out of the mess they're in now. He understands what Aya did, that people hide in the ask me threads when they are afraid, but he gives her some advice: "Next time, take the post counts off."

“My ask me thread was a gift from the great Chad Warden in the sky”, she says, “ and I clearly know how active my thread is. Biggest on the site. I know that in this forum, that's a great thing.”

"Little gray dot means it's locked," says Dylan. "We may have occasion to use it."

Back on the roof, JCM is still unsuccessfully trying to radio the others, and Trophy tries to convince him to get the lighter in a bag of tools on the roof by telling him, "This is your last chance to go home! I won’t blast you out of my cannon, but I’ll stop being doom and gloom."

JCM, bruised and sporting a fat lip, scoffs at Trophy's offer. "Lol you want me to get that rifle over there, too, so you can shoot Dylan when he comes back up. Lol."

Shin and Simon Anderson travel through the passage until they reach a grated barrier. They discuss ways to cut through, but abandon the idea when they see a zombie devouring an advertisement on the other side. The zombie reaches at them through the grate and they step back.

In the store, Aya spots a necklace with an ogre pendant. "My boo, he's still such a kid in some ways," Aya says. "He loves Shrek." Dylan encourages her to take it, insisting shoplifting rules don't apply anymore. As Aya pockets the necklace, zombies break through the exterior glass doors and begin pounding on the interior set. The zombie holding the rock leads the pack. Simon Anderson, Jenna, and Shin arrive to report that the old shoutbox is not an option.

Back on the roof, Dylan spots a pedo van at a nearby construction site. Believing the keys to be kept nearby, it could be their best option to escape. However, the construction site is a few blocks away and the street is overrun with zombies. The group discusses the difficulty of moving past zombies undetected. “If they hear you, see you, or smell you, they eat you because they smell dead," Aya says. "We don't. It's pretty distinct." Dylan latches onto the concept of scent and how the dead use it to differentiate between themselves and the living.

Wearing suits straight off of Breaking Bad, Dylan and Simon Anderson collect a dead corpse belonging to a zombie that had been dispatched earlier in the alley where Dylan and Shin had entered. Inside, Dylan is about to butcher the corpse with a scroll bar, but pauses and decides to search the body. They acknowledge the man's lost humanity — his name was Bob Duncan, he had a picture of a pretty girl in his wallet, and he was an organ donor. He used to have an amazing life, like everyone else. He appeared in nearly every film or television show known in the universe. After the group shares a solemn moment of reflection to the amazing Bob Duncan,

Bob-Duncan-after.jpg

Dylan begins hacking the dead body to pieces with the scroll bar. Sounds of crunching bone, squishing and girgling prompts gasps and retches from the group. After a few agonizing blows, Dylan and Shin smear guts on themselves, disgusting everyone, especially Shin. "Oh, this is ratchet. This is really ratchet." says Shin weakly. Dylan suggests a distraction, "Think about something else gaiz ~ Lady Gaga, Christina Aguilera." But JCM says "Psy." making Shin vomit. Before leaving, Dylan tosses JCM the key to Trophy's handcuffs.

Outside, Dylan and Shin crawl under the bus blocking the alley, and gingerly shuffle into the streets, mixing into the crowd of zombies virtually unnoticed. Though a few zombies sniff the air curiously, the guts that the pair smeared on themselves earlier seems to be camouflaging their scent effectively. JCM, Simon Anderson, Aya, and Jenna race to the roof of the shoutbox to follow Dylan and Shin with a pair of binoculars, and JCM tries again to radio the others. Trophy gets let in on the plan for the first time, and he scoffs, "SBC’s smart strong fool is out on the street with the handcuff keys?" JCM holds up the key and dangles it tauntingly. Trophy's face drops.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back at camp with skies graying quickly and thunder audible in the distance, Drake frets over the whereabouts of the group — his boo in particular. "It's late. They should have been back by now". Ssj, working on his RV's troublesome radiator hose with Abney reasons with Drake that worrying won't make it better. Skype's doing laundry while Nuggets teaches Teenj to rap. Suddenly, the radio crackles and squeaks, and JCM's garbled transmission comes through, explaining that they're trapped in the shoutbox, surrounded by hundreds of zombies. Ssj responds to the transmission but only radio silence follows. "We do not go after them," Nuggets insists. "We do not risk the rest of the community," confirming that the group Dylan has joined at the Shoutbox in SBC and the survivors at the rock quarry are linked.

"We're just gonna leave her there? She volunteered to go to help the rest of us," Drake argues. Nuggets responds, "She knew the risks. If she's trapped, she's gone as well as her ask me thread; you just have to deal with that." Drake is furious, exclaiming "That's my boo, you son of a bitch!" and storms off. Skype follows, presumably to comfort Drake, but also seems dissatisfied with Nuggets's decision.

Back in SBC, Dylan's plan seems to be working, as he and Shin have made considerable headway through hostile territory, utilizing the guts of a dead corpse as camouflage. However, their luck may be changing for the worse as dark, ominous clouds gather overhead and distant rumbles of thunder forewarn of an impending rainstorm. Before long, rain begins to fall rather heavily, beginning to wash the zombie guts off of Dylan and Shin. Simon Anderson tries to will the storm to pass, comparing it to a small burst of activity on the shoutbox.

But with their human smell becoming more prevalent, a nearby zombie detects Dylan and Shin as humans, and roars at Dylan, who in turn, dispatches it with his scroll bar. All nearby zombies attack, and Dylan and Shin fight for their lives as they run to the construction site as the group on the rooftop cheers them on. The pair narrowly make it over a fence unscathed. Dylan shoots at zombies as they haphazardly try to climb over the fence, while Shin locates the keys. The keys are found, and the men make their way to the pedo van as a zombie shambles after Shin, having just scaled the fence. The crowd of zombies knocks down the fence and charges at them, but they speed away in the van just in time.

As the pedo van drives away from the department store to avoid the horde, the group still on the roof worries that they're being left behind. But Dylan orders Shin to radio the group to get ready for pick-up, and mentions that they will need a way to lure the zombies away from the department store, eyeing this beautiful sports car.

Spoiler

529180_10153445158640315_177378584_n.jpg

Dylan smashes the driver's side window to gain entry, causing the car's alarm to blare loudly.

The group grabs their bags and rushes from the rooftop toward the loading dock, with no concern for unlocking Trophy's handcuffs, but JCM reluctantly turns back as Trophy begs. The group continues quickly down the stairwell as JCM moves to set Trophy free, accidentally slipping on the rain-soaked roof and dropping the handcuff key down a drain. He also drops the tool box, as the lighter and other tools spill out.

"Lolwat?," JCM gasps, while Trophy accuses him of dropping the key on purpose. He runs back to the stairwell and chains the door shut to keep zombies out, but Trophy is left screaming in rage, handcuffed to the roof.

“I WILL DESTROY YOU!”

JCM races to join the group just as the zombies break through the final set of glass-pane doors and enter the shoutbox.

Outside the loading bay at the post entrance of the shoutbox, with the zombies lured away by Shin's car alarm, Dylan pulls the pedo van up and the group piles in, catching their breath as they drive away from the city. They look around at one another and a guilt-ridden JCM admits to the others he dropped the key, leaving Trophy trapped on the roof, still handcuffed to a pipe. Then Aya asks, "Where's Shin-boo?" A loud engine roars over the sound of a car alarm as the sports car speeds out of SBC with Shin inside, screaming in celebration.

A handcuffed and delirious Trophy mumbles to himself on the roof of the shoutbox, as though he's talking to someone sitting right in front of him. When zombies clamor at the stairwell door, he comes out of his daze and pleads for help, crying weakly for perhaps the first time in his life. But he spots the lighter from the overturned tool box and his resolve strengthens. He shouts, "FIRE MY GRAVITY!" as he lights his cannon and screams in pain.

• Like 6

3. Da Kine

With the sun setting on the road driving back to the camping ground, Simon Anderson advises Dylan not to dwell on Trophy's abandonment. "Nobody's gonna be sad he didn't come back...except, maybe the people who actually use the shoutbox," Simon Anderson whines.

Skype gives Teenj a buzz cut while Nuggets entertains the teen boy with promises of catching “halibut." Nuggets smiles, telling Teenj, "We'll be immortal son.. Nuggets and Teenj: Fishing Gods." The quiet is interrupted by the approach of Shin's sports car. The car's alarm still blaring as he drives fast and furiously into camp.  Drake rushes Shin, demanding to know if his boo, Aya, is okay. Ssj tells Shin to turn off the car alarm but Shin responds that he has no idea how.  Ssj says it because Shin touches himself at night.

Abney, a solemn yet odd man out of this SBC camp, disconnects the alarm while Drake continues to ask questions about Aya. "Is she okay? Why isn't she with you?  Where in the name of Chad Warden is she?"

"She's okay!" Shin shouts over Drake’s panicking. "Everybody is. Well, except Trophy." Nuggets doesn't care about Trophy, and instead he scrutinizes Shin for drawing attention to their location.

The pedo van arrives, and Simon Anderson tells Dylan to come meet everybody, though Dylan looks tired, and far more interested in continuing on to find his family. He follows anyway. Aya and Drake tearfully reunite and talk about Shrek, as does Simon Anderson with his fellow Andersons and shoutbox supporters. This reunion causes Teenj to cry because it makes him miss his Dydy, so Skype pulls him away from the crowd to comfort him.

Shin explains to the group that they made it out of SBC thanks to the "old boss," and Simon Anderson adds that he's a director in-chief like Nuggets.

Dylan emerges from the pedo van. The first person he recognizes is Nuggets, and the pair trade stunned glances as Teenj tearfully lifts his head and Skype's eyes follow. He spots Dylan, shouting "DyDy!" as he runs into Dylan's open arms. Skype races after him and embraces her husband and son. The rest of the group, and Nuggets, watch on, dumbfounded. Skype meets Nuggets's gaze and stares at him as she tearfully reunites with her husband.

Later, around a campfire, Dylan describes the disorientation he felt waking up alone in the hospital. "I felt like I'd been ripped out of my life, put somewhere else on the internet.  Like GleeForums." Skype explains she was told Dylan would be med-evaced to SBC, but it never happened. "Mom said you died," Teenj comments. "She had every reason to believe that," Dylan replies, expressing immense gratitude to Nuggets for saving his family.

Nearby, PatBack — a disturbing, sarcastic type — helps keep his family fire burning. Nuggets intervenes, instructing PatBack to pull the sticks so they can't be seen from a distance. PatBack tells him to fuck off and mind his own business, "for once," but concedes under Nuggets's forceful command - instructing Charol to pull the sticks from the fire. PatBack glares as Nuggets bids Charol and her Lil’ Squidly good evening; asking if they're doing okay. "Just fine," Charol says, hiding from PatBack's disturbing glare.

Nuggets returns to his group's fire, and Ssj asks what they should tell Jenkins about Trophy. Aya reasons that Trophy was out of control, and the only person to blame for getting left behind was Trophy; but Ssj reasons that they can't tell that to his braddah Jenkins. Ssj warns that they are probably going to have a situation to handle when he gets back. Dylan volunteers to deliver the news, as does JCM, still wracked with guilt for dropping the key. He tells the group that he stopped to chain the stairwell door before he ran for the pedo van. "Lol Trophy’s alive," JCM says. "That's on me."

Later on in their tent, Dylan tucks Teenj in, reads him some Down Under, and then crawls into bed with Skype. He tells her he knew she and Teenj were alive because the photo albums were gone when he returned to their house. Skype smiles and pulls open a past memory. "I told you Skype~," says Dylan, and Skype jokingly accuses him of getting cocky as he grabs for the family photo in his jacket pocket. "Belongs in here," he says, placing the photo inside the book. They reflect on past mistakes and the second chance they've been given. "Not many people are given multiple chances to be and admin again," Dylan says. Skype returns Dylan's wedding ring, which had been removed when he was in the hospital, and he discretely gets on Skype. Teenj is sound asleep on the other side of the tent and Nuggets, keeping watch on top of the RV, stares upsettingly at Dylan and Skype's “logging on” as a thunderstorm builds in the night sky.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, Dylan wakes to find a fresh pair of clothes laid out for him inside the tent. He can hear the children playing outside. He gets up, bidding the other survivors good morning as he steps outside. He finds Charol ironing his freshly laundered uniform, though she laments how much harder it is without her old iron; Dylan thanks her for her kindness.

Nearby, Shin mourns as Ssj and Abney strip his sports car down for parts, taking gas for the camp's generators. "Maybe we'll get to steal another one someday bitches~," as Dylan consoles Shin, patting him on the back as he sees his lovely computer wife hanging laundry with Aya and Drake.

She asks if he slept okay; he tells her, "Better than in a long time," and she grins, saying she didn't want to wake him before she catches a look in his eye. "What?" she asks, and he admits he keeps thinking about leaving Trophy behind. Nuggets arrives back at camp with more water, and Dylan tells Skype he plans to return to SBC. Skype is shocked, but their discussion is interrupted by screams. Teenj, Lil’ Squidly, and Jenna, who had been out walking out of her tent after some “morning fun”, run into camp deeply shaken. Lil’ Squidly calls out for his Chather and the men grab various weapons from the campsite.

Finding Teenj, Lil’ Squidly, and Jenna unscathed, Dylan, Nuggets, Abney, Simon Anderson, and Shin run past him to a clearing where a zombie is devouring an advertisement with throwing knives sticking out of it. Drake and Aya follow. The five men beat on the zombie until Ssj arrives and decapitates it. "This is the first one we've had up here. They never come this far up the SBC mountain," he remarks.

"They're running out of food in SBC, that's what.  It’s only a matter of time til that site dies." Abney offers.

The group hears the bushes rustling and Nuggets raises his gun protectively. A man in a sleeveless Hawaiian t-shirt, Jenkins, emerges from the woods with shuriken and throwing knives and hauling over a dozen dead bots. He's upset that the zombie ate the advertisement he'd been tracking for miles, and the food's been wasted. He cusses out the zombie, kicking at its corpse, while Ssj tries to tell him he's not solving anything by lashing out which causes him to lash out at Ssj. The zombie's decapitated head starts grinding it's teeth, growling, and Drake and Aya take off, disgusted. Jenkins throws a knife into its skull. "Come on braddah, what the hell? You gotta brok da mout — don't you lolo’s know anything?" he rebukes, before heading into camp looking for Trophy.

But Nuggets follows, and tells Jenkins that Trophy didn't make it back — Dylan chimes in, confessing he left Trophy handcuffed to the roof as the group surrounds them. He introduces himself to Jenkins, who doesn't want to hear it, as JCM emerges from the forest carrying firewood. Enraged, Jenkins throws the dead bots at Dylan, who ducks as Nuggets throws Jenkins backwards. JCM sees Jenkins pull a knife and warns Dylan and Nuggets, dropping the logs and joining the scuffle. Dylan is able to disarm Jenkins, and Nuggets locks him in an anaconda vice. "BAH GAWD BIG NUGS!" Jenkins argues breathlessly, to which Nuggets responds with a shrug.

Dylan tells Jenkins he wants to have a calm discussion about Trophy, explaining that what he did wasn't on a whim as Nuggets releases his hold. "Trophy does not work and play well with other bitches~," Dylan tells him, which Jenkins seems to understand already. JCM cuts in, saying it was his fault, explaining that he accidentally dropped the key in a drain. He adds that he chained the door to the roof shut so the zombies couldn't get at him. "Just tell me where da kine is, so I can go get my braddah," Jenkins orders. Skype cuts in from the door of the RV, "He'll show you." Staring her husband down, she challenges him, "Isn't that right?"

He nods. "I'm going back," Dylan pledges.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in his director in-chief uniform, Dylan prepares to leave with Jenkins. Nuggets questions his decision to risk his life for "a crazy one" like Trophy, who wouldn't give you a glass of water if you were dying of thirst, he scoffs. "We left him like an animal caught in a trap," Dylan says, who can't live with what he's done no matter what kind of man Trophy is. "That's no way for any of you gaiz to die~."

When Skype wonders if his big plan is him and Jenkins alone in SBC, Dylan admits he wants Shin to come along because of his experience getting in and out of the city. "That's just great. Now you're gonna risk three members, huh?" Nuggets scoffs. "Four," JCM cuts in. He can't live with what he did, either, and has to go back. Reluctantly, Shin agrees to go, too.

"You're putting every single one of the members at risk," Nuggets tells Dylan, arguing they need everybody to protect the camp in case more zombies show up. But what they really need, Dylan contends, are more guns, which he'd be able to retrieve from the bag he dropped outside the tank. Nuggets reluctantly agrees; knowing the value of more guns and what Dylan estimates are hundreds of rounds of ammunition. But Skype still isn't convinced, and Teenj tells Dylan he doesn't want him to leave. When Skype continues to plead with Dylan not to risk his life for a man like Trophy, he explains to her that he also needs to collect his walkie-talkie from the bag so he can warn Calvin and Prudence Reynolds away from the city. "I owe a debt to 70s and his little girl," he tells her. "If they hadn't rescued me, I could have died. It's because of them that I made it back to my family at all~."

Nuggets also recognizes that the walkie-talkie would be better than their radio, which has outdated software and won't communicate with other signals as well as the walkies do. Skype gives up arguing, and Teenj tells Dylan he's okay with his reasons for going back to SBC.

Dylan and JCM cut a deal with Ssj for a set of grips to cut the chains on the door. Not only does Ssj want back his tools, which JCM dropped as he fled the roof, but he wants his staff lounge powers back, and Abney wants to be able to strip the pedo van for parts for the old RV when they get back. And though he's still not happy with the idea of Dylan, Jenkins, Shin, and JCM leaving camp, Nuggets gives Dylan the last of his bullets for Dylan's revolver. "Four men, four rounds :3," Nuggets says.

Dylan loads his gun in the passenger seat while Jenkins drives out of camp and the group looks on. In their tent, Skype frets about Dylan. "I'm not worried," Teenj assures her, taking his mother's hand. "Think about it, Mom. Everything that's happened to him so far; nothing's killed him yet."

The men drive the pedo van into SBC, parking along a fenced in, abandoned railway. Jenkins threatens JCM if Braddah Trophy's not okay, but JCM insists that the zombies can't get through the chains on the door. As they travel on foot below a highway overpass, Shin decides the group should go for Trophy first, because going for the guns would mean doubling back.

Later on back at camp, Skype's carrying kindling and looking for Teenj. When she asks Ssj, situated on top of his RV, where he is, Ssj tells her he should be down at the pond learning how to fish.

Nuggets and Teenj try to dig for bait in the ground. Nuggets trips and falls in the water thanks to stepping in one of Teenj’s holes. Aya, Drake, Charol and Jenna do laundry nearby, discussing equality. "How did we get stuck doing all the whore work?" Jenna mumbles, and Drake replies, "The only whore around here is you, didn’t you get the memo?" The discussion turns to talk of the modern luxuries they miss, like Charol's dungeon, Jenna's vibrator, and Drake's cell phone. "I miss my ask thread," Aya admits obviously. "Me too," Charol whispers. The women (and Drake) break into laughter.

Charol's husband, PatBack, has been standing watch nearby, being disturbing, and their laughter draws his attention. He looms over them, and Aya scoffs, "Problem, FatSnack?" He shakes his head and tells his wife to focus on creating a new personality for his amusement. Charol walks back to her drawing pad subserviently.

Skype arrives at the scene, ordering Teenj to return to camp and play Teen Titans. After he leaves, Nuggets tells her not to take it out on him, and Skype warns him to stay away from her family. "I think we should talk," Nuggets says, but Skype snaps, "You can tell that to the Halibut." Nuggets asks Skype if she thinks he's not happy about Dylan's return. "Why would you be?" Skype responds. "You are the one that told me that Dylan died." She storms off.

PatBack continues to loom over the women disturbingly. Aya finally confronts him. "Don't think I won't knock you on your lazy ass," PatBack warns her, demanding that Charol come with him. "So she can show up with disturbing bruises later, FatSnack?" Aya replies sarcastically. Charol tearfully attempts to calm him while the others try to intervene. PatBack slaps Charol across the face.

Nuggets, still fuming from his own confrontation moments ago with Skype, grabs PatBack off Charol, throws him to the ground and pummels his face. "You put your hands on Charol, Lil’ Squidly, or anybody else in this camp one more time, I will not stop next time. I'll beat you to death, PatBack," Nuggets warns. He kicks PatBack repeatedly in the side before storming away while the women (and Drake) look on, stunned except Charol who smiles at Nuggets.

Back in SBC, Dylan, Jenkins, Shin, and JCM return to the shoutbox, and Jenkins kills a zombie with his shuriken. They cut through the chain on the stairwell door and emerge onto the roof. On the ground, a lighter sits besides Trophy’s cannon and severed hand. Bloodied handcuffs hang from the pipe above. Jenkins screams for his braddah as the others look on helplessly.

Edited by jjsthekid
  • Like 6

For those who don't understand about the whole Pokemon element of this episode, please read up on it here:

http://www.thesbcommunity.com/wiki/index.php?title=Pokemon_SBC_Forum_Attack

4. Pokemon vs Walkers

Aya and Drake sit inside the RV playing PS3.  An argument starts over the type of multiplayer games Chad Warden would approve of, and they realize that Chad Warden taught them different multiplayer games based on Aya's need to play fighting games and RPGs, and Drake's need to play Mario Party. Both are on the verge of tears before Aya evokes Chad Warden's rule, "Chad Warden believes the the Xbox Circle and the Wii ain't ballin' cuz they ain't go no gaaaaames. The PS-Triple make the best gaaaaaames.” Drake asks Aya if she thinks Chad Warden is aight, suggesting that "maybe his YouTube page wasn't hit so bad." Aya gives her a sorrowful look as they break the rule anyway. "I worry more for my ask thread anyway.”

On top of the RV, Ssj is keeping watch. He looks through his binoculars and in a field above the campsite, he sees Abney furiously digging holes into the ground.

Spoiler

On the rooftop of the shoutbox in SBC, an enraged Jenkins has just discovered his braddah Trophy's severed hand on the ground. He angrily points his throwing knife at JCM, who doesn't show any sarcasm, but relents when Dylan pulls his revolver and aims at Jenkins, telling him that he doesn't care if every zombie in the city hears him shoot SBC’s all time top poster. Jenkins pulls his throwing knife away from JCM and asks him for a do-rag. As JCM snarkly obliges him, Jenkins folds Trophy's hand up and places it in Shin's backpack, much to Shin's disappointment. Jenkins follows the trail of Trophy's blood along the rooftop while JCM moves the cannon and Ssj's toolkit.

Back at the campsite, Ssj approaches Abney, who refuses to respond as he digs what appear to be graves. Ssj's concern mounts quickly when Abney won't take a drink of water, despite the intense late summer heat. Drake and Aya, meanwhile, present the group with their lines of Warden.  Simon Anderson questions them, expressing their lack of gratitude.  If only they could feed the shoutbox with activity though. Teenj asks them if they could teach him how to game like that, and Skype says she wouldn't argue with that, impressed by their gaming efforts. Ssj interrupts the excitement to express concern over Abney, and points him out still furiously digging

Jenkins kills another zombie with his shuriken and notes his braddah killed another two dead zombies in the room "one-handed." The trail of blood leads Jenkins, Dylan, Shin, and JCM to a kitchen, where cans burn next to an iron steak weight crusted with skin — the result, they speculate, of Trophy cauterizing his stump. "No buggah can kill my braddah but my braddah," says Jenkins. The broken window leading to the fire escape tells them that Trophy left the building, and Dylan agrees to help Jenkins search the streets for his braddah. When they look to JCM and Shin to see if they're in, JCM scoffs. "Only if we get those guns first," he says. "I'm not strolling SBC with just my good intentions, okay?"

At camp, Nuggets and the others approach Abney, who still won't explain why he's digging. Skype tells Abney he's scaring Lil’ Squidly and Teenj, and Nuggets orders Abney to take a break.

"If I don't, then what are you going to do?" Abney challenges him. "Beat my face in like PatBack, aren't cha Jibbix?" He swings his shovel at Nuggets, who tackles him. Subdued, Abney cries over the death of SBM. "The only reason I got away," Abney tells the terrified group, "is because the dead were too busy eating my site."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the abandoned shoutbox in SBC, Shin outlines a plan to retrieve Dylan's bag of guns on an old page of comments. Jenkins will watch his back from the shoutbox's alley, while Dylan and JCM cover a second alley two blocks away. Either way, Shin says, he'll have a safe place to run. The men agree with his well-constructed plan, and Jenkins asks him, "Ey brah, what'd you do before all this?"

"Baked sourdough bread," Shin answers. "Why?"

Shin and Jenkins climb down the ladder to the alley, and Shin drops his backpack while Jenkins stays behind to cover him. On the street, Shin runs towards the social groups. Zombies are waking up all around him, but he grabs the bag — and Dylan's hat — without much trouble and heads back toward Jenkins. In the alley, a teenager in a Snorlax mask, approaches Jenkins, who trains his crossbow on the Poke-man, interrogating him about his braddah Trophy.  Snorlax screams, "Help me!" despite Jenkins's warnings.

Dylan and JCM, hearing Snorlax's screams, also head for the alley. Jenkins is jumped by another two men in Pokemon masks, Oshawott and Snivy, who have also come for the guns — which Shin has just arrived to the alley with. He turns to run the other way but the men grab and start beating him, taking the bag of guns. Jenkins sticks a knife into Snivy's butt, and he yells in pain as he drops the bag. But he and Oshawott instead grab Shin, throw him in a getaway car while fighting off walkers, and drive off — leaving Snorlax and the guns behind. Jenkins shuts the gate in the alley to keep out the zombies before turning on the Poke-man. Dylan and JCM arrive just in time to pull Jenkins off Snorlax as Jenkins explains that his friends took Shin. Taking Snorlax with them, Dylan grabs the bag of guns, and his hat, and they head back up the ladder to the roof.

At camp, Nuggets has tied Abney to a tree and is offering him water. Unlike earlier when Ssj offered him a drink, this time Abney accepts it easily. Skype and Charol are doing schoolwork at a table nearby with Teenj and Lil’ Squidly. Nuggets tells Abney he's going to keep him tied to the tree until he no longer thinks Abney's a danger to himself or others. Abney apologizes for scaring the children, and Skype forgives him on account of sunstroke. Ssj asks why he was digging. "I had a reason, don't remember," Abney says. "Something I dreamt." He tells Teenj that the boy was in his dream, and that his dad was there, too. "You were worried about him," Abney tells Teenj. "Can't remember the rest."

He asks Teenj if he's worried about his dad — Teenj is, saying, "He's not back yet." Skype tries to end the conversation but Abney continues. "That man, he's tough as nails. Ain't nothin' gonna stop him gettin' back here to you and your momma, I promise you that." Nuggets agrees with Abney before distracting Teenj and Lil’ Squidly. "Who wants to help me clean some Halibut?" he asks, and they run off behind him with Charol and Ssj. Skype approaches Abney once everyone leaves, and he ominously tells her not to let Teenj out of her sight.

Back inside the abandoned shoutbox, Dylan's looking for answers while a confused JCM wonders what they've gotten themselves into. Jenkins's still seething over Shin's kidnapping and getting jumped by Snorlax's men. Snorlax points out he jumped him first, demanding to know what he did with his brother. He further insults him by saying, "Trophy? What kind of a stupid username is that? I wouldn't name my trainer Trophy." Jenkins threatens Snorlax by throwing Trophy's severed hand in his lap, letting him think that's what happened to the last guy who crossed him. Snorlax cowers and Dylan throws Jenkins off him. He just wants to know where to find Shin, and manages to convince Snorlax to take them there.

Snorlax leads Dylan, Jenkins and JCM to an abandoned factory, where the leader of the group, a man in a Bidoof mask, emerges. Dylan proposes trading Snorlax for Shin, but has no interest in giving up his bag of guns. With JCM aiming a sniper's bullet at his head from a nearby rooftop, Bidoof demands the bag of guns, threatening to kill Shin if they don't hand it over. "I see two options," says Bidoof, as his Poke-men emerge carrying weapons. They shove Shin on the edge of a rooftop, his mouth covered with tape and his hands tied behind his back. "You come back with Snorlax and my bag of guns, everybody walks. Or you come back locked and loaded. We'll see which side spills more blood."

Dylan and the group retreat to a nearby office, where Jenkins argues that the guns are more valuable than Shin — but Dylan insists he owes more than that to him. "What life I have I owe to Shin," he says, loading his shotgun while he recalls what Shin did for him when he was stuck inside the social groups. Dylan knows how dangerous the mission could be, that he might get killed when he goes back, and tells Jenkins and JCM to head back to the campsite. But they won't let him go alone and wouldn't know what to tell his family, so they too load their guns and grab Snorlax.

Dylan escorts him into the building carrying the guns on his back. Dylan cuts Snorlax loose and demands Bidoof hand over Shin. Bidoof tells Dylan that he's going to chop up Shin and feed him to his three vicious man-eating dogs. "You said come locked and loaded," Dylan says. "We're here." Bidoof's men raise their guns in response.

An old woman wearing a nightgown named Mothra, shuffles into the middle of the standoff, asking Snivy for help with "Mr. Mudkip." She notices Dylan's uniform and begs him not to take Snivy away, saying he's turned his life around and they need him here. Dylan tells the old woman that Snivy is helping him find a missing person. "The Asian boy? He's with Mr. Mudkip," she says, taking Dylan's hand.

Mothra leads Dylan into a daycare, where several kids (and Shin) are grouped around. Snivy helps a kid. Bidoof's "three vicious dogs" are just Snoopy, Spike, and Olaf from Peanuts.

Dylan pulls Bidoof aside and tells him, "You're the dumbest bitch I ever met. We came in here ready to kill every last one of you gaiz~" Bidoof explains he was only trying to protect the food and medicine for the residents. The staff abandoned the children, Bidoof explains, leaving only himself and Snivy behind. People will come in to check on their kids, and suddenly he's the leader of a group of young men and women. Bidoof wonders why the people look to him for leadership. "I don’t know, my bitches love me~," Dylan says with tears in his eyes, handing him some of his guns and ammunition.

Dylan, Shin, JCM, and Jenkins walk back to the pedo van, and Shin jokes, "Admit it. You only came back to SBC for your own ego." Dylan smiles. "Don't tell anybody~," he says. They find the van missing. "Trophy," Dylan says. “Brah his haole ass's gonna to be taking some vengeance back to da kine," Jenkins predicts, and they take off running for the hills with no other cars in sight.

As the group manages to escape, the Poke-men begin to unmask as Snivy goes up to Bidoof.

“Mr. President, should we have told them about Trophy?”

Bidoof unmasks himself as The President responds.

“Have no fear.  Someday SBC will wonder over yonder again.  And SBM will claim victory.”

Back at camp, Aya roots through Ssj's RV looking for wrapping paper. "It's my boo's birthday tomorrow. I've been marking days on the calendar to make sure," she tells Ssj, showing him the Ariel necklace she took from the department store. "You don't give a gift unwrapped because all friends are equal." Ssj assures her that he'll find something.

The group is preparing for a Halibut cookout, and Simon Anderson proudly shows off the upgraded shoutbox design he’s been working on for SBC. Teenj walks to the tree with Nuggets, who frees Abney and invites him to the Halibut cookout.

PatBack, his face bruised and swollen, broods in his tent disturbingly, declining Charol's invite to join the group for the Halibut. He grabs Lil’ Squidly's arms and tells him to stay with him, but Charol says forcefully, "He wants to join in," and they leave. His injuries from Nuggets's beating are severe, as PatBack screams feed me more.

As they sit around the campfire after dark, Simon Anderson asks Ssj why he still watches TNA every day. Jenna agrees that it's pointless, ever since the world ended. "It's important to keep track of the multiple face and heel turns," Ssj explains, paraphrasing internet marks— "TNA > WWE."

"You are so not ballin’," laughs Drake, heading to the RV to use the bathroom. PatBack, meanwhile, hears rustling outside his tent. He thinks it's Charol bugging him to join the group, and unzips the flap to yell at her, but instead he finds a zombie. It topples him, but PatBack picks him up for a back breaker.  After nailing him with his Community Deathmatch finisher, more zombies flock the RV and he gets bitten all over.

Drake emerges from the RV, complaining that they're out of toilet paper, as a walker approaches from behind the door and bites his arm. Drake screams and Aya turns to see her boo being attacked, with zombies tearing into his neck, and she looks on in horror as the camp is sent into a panic.

Zombies attack from all directions, grabbing and devouring people all over the campsite. Nuggets orders Skype to get Teenj and everyone else into the RV as he fires his shotgun. Aya runs for Drake as Abney and Simon Anderson beat down walkers with the shoutbox plans.

Dylan and the others, running toward camp, hear gunshots in the distance and quicken their pace, while back at the RV, Drake is dying from blood loss. Dylan, Shin, Jenkins, and JCM arrive and quickly shoot the remaining walkers. The survivors begin to catch their breath as Teenj runs tearfully into Dylan's arms, and Skype looks on, terrified.

"I don't know what to do," Aya cries. Drake touches Aya's face, choking, then falls still. Aya, sobbing, screams Drake's name as the group looks on in tears. Stunned, Abney speaks: "I remember my dream now. Why I dug the holes.  They’re coming."

There are dozens of dead bodies all over the campsite — both humans and zombies — and the group look upon the carnage despairingly.

• Like 3