• Advertisement

189. SpongeBob, You're Fired

Jinjo

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: Welcome back, me lad!
    • 4/5 Stars: Please let me back at my job!
    • 3/5 Stars: Why Mr. Krabs?!?
    • 2/5 Stars: Here's your pink slip, you're canned, I'm giving you the axe.
    • 1/5 Stars: You're fired.

sbfired_zpse199712b.jpg

Premieres:
Monday, November 11th @ 7:00pm ET/PT

Encores:
Saturday, November 16th @ 10:00am ET/PT

Plot:

To save money, Mr. Krabs fires SpongeBob, but SpongeBob is deterred and continues going to the Krusty Krab.

Clips:

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/digital-short-nick-animation-overview-bts-spongebob-fired.html

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/comic-con-2013-spongebob-youre-fired-clip.html

I'm not gonna say my thought on this episode until the airdate but I'm gonna say this.

I saw the Greek version and It was better than I expected. I don't say this episode is good or bad or mediocre. I'm just saying It's better than I expected. My opinion might change after I saw the English version.

My opinion on SBM:

Lol "indoctrinating the children". I'm pretty sure the SB writers didn't plan to make the episode about job loss. That goes for Selling Out and SB's Last Stand. I know the right wing media probably has done subtle messages, but I just can't see SB doing it.

Besides that, from someone who hasn't seen the full episode yet, it is pretty heart throbbing (in a good way) to see that SpongeBob has to have a job to keep him sane. It's the blood in his body that keeps him going.

"You know I love you like a son.... but I can't loose a nickel"!

232905d3b58db770a0581f80d020f68f.jpg

....Right in the feel of every single old fan including me. But than again, Krabs sold his soul for 62 cents. So it's not the first time. :P Inb4 this becomes a prime example on Mr. Krabs greedy OOCness and people hate the show more because of it. Oh wait it's already happening. :P

I wish SB could just give SB the nickel but I've heard that would be illegal. :P

Wow.

Spoiler

Dang...this episode was horrible. No offense to Luke, Marc, and Doug, but this was a wasted piece of work from them. A shame, they were really on a winning streak up until this episode.

The first half of this episode is really dull filler. Mr. Krabs' reasoning for firing SpongeBob makes no sense. He wants to lay off him for a nickel? That's just ridiculous, even for Mr. Krabs' post-movie character. Also, why should we care that SpongeBob was fired if Mr. Krabs and Squidward show no emotion? That's one of my biggest gripes with this episode. Not only that, but it seems pointless to do an idea like this so late in the show. I know he wouldn't have stayed fired, but that's not why I disliked it. The actual execution was just done poorly. I guess another issue is there's no real good way to fire SpongeBob, either. Therefore, the plot really came off as meh to me.

The second half was no better, and the actual conflict doesn't start until the last few minutes. Most of it was just SpongeBob going into different restaurants, making patties out of the food, and getting fired. Then they all want him back? It all just felt like wasted minutes.

I dunno guys. I didn't feel this one at all. Maybe I'm being too harsh...but wow, this was really bad. No, I didn't get my hopes up at all or anything. I was seriously reevaluating my opinion of this while re-watching the Greek one as well.

The only redeemable parts were the ending with Squidward and Mr. Krabs admitting they both missed SpongeBob (granted it wasn't that emotional as I was expecting, but it was the closest thing we got to an emotional part in this episode, even though it got ruined with Squidward's line) and Patrick's second head, which I admit was sort of amusing. Overall, wasn't a fan of this one. Honestly, this whole episode feels like a bad fanfic from someone who barely understood what the show was about.

Grade: D-, bordering on F

Edited by Pat Monahan
  • Like 3

What a horrid episode. The first half was filler, and very idiotic filler at that. The second half was when there was actually a plot shift, but not a big one. The ending was obvious, and made the episode even worse. Overall, to me, this episode was overadvertised, filler filled, and just all out STUPID, with a rushed ending.

• Happy 1

I thought the episode was great. I liked all the "fired puns" and my hunch of why SpongeBob was fired and not Squidward was correct. I also liked the continuity nod (if you can call it that) with Mr. Krabs (aka head chef on the S.S. Diarrhea) being a horrible fry cook.

I liked SpongeBob's "Best Day Ever" mug, him being kind of a jerk when he was unemployed, and the ways Patrick lives being "funemployed".

I also really enjoyed seeing SpongeBob as a deadpan snarker when he was job hunting. That's a side of SpongeBob I've missed seeing. And I enjoyed seeing the restaurant bosses capturing SpongeBob and the Krabby Patty Man rescuing him.

And although I saw it coming, I liked the scene of SpongeBob getting his old job back. Mostly for the part with Squidward genuinely pleading for SpongeBob to come back. It's also been a while since Squidward has been seen being so nice to SpongeBob, especially holding his hand on one knee LOL. 

Again, it was a really great and even a heartwarming episode.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1