• Advertisement

187b. Séance Shméance

Jjs Goodman

19 members have voted

1. 1. Séance Shméance Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: We've summoned the ghosts!
    • 4/5 Stars: Is that good enough for you?
    • 3/5 Stars: You better have a good reason to drag me here.
    • 2/5 Stars: This orb is a little rusty...
    • 1/5 Stars: Boo.

seanceshmeance_zpsae4417aa.jpg

Premieres:
Monday, October 14th @ 7:15pm ET/PT

Encores:
Saturday, October 19th @ 10:15am ET/PT

Plot:

SpongeBob attempts to contact spirits in order to find a long-lost sandwich recipe.

Clips:

http://vimeo.com/76481196

http://spongebob.nick.com/videos/clip/spongebob-squarepants-187-halloween-tv-clip.html

I wasn't a huge fan of this episode in the Greek version, but maybe the English version will be better.

Added a new clip to the first post. Interestingly, the ghost is named Rusty. Something tells me the crew has read RRR...

They're watching us.

The best thing that could ever happen is a SB adaptation of that.

300px-De.png

Written By: Casey Alexander, Zeus Cervas, and Mr. Lawrence

This ended up being a lot better than the Greek version. It wasn't amazing, but it was still an alright episode. The designs for the ghosts were pretty cool, and I liked they re-used some music from Ghoul Fools. Nobody was really out of character or anything here either, so that's a plus.

Grade: B

I still can't get over the fact the ghost is named Rusty though

Well it's over.

I. LOVE. THIS EPISODE.

It's in the 70s of my favorite episode list. What I liked I guess was how purely absurd it was. Every time I heard the word "Rusty" a little chuckle flowed through my head :P. Anyways, the beginning was a little too weird, but the rest of this episode was amazing. I waited seven months for this episode (literally) and it did NOT disappoint. 9.2/10

BTW I love when people break the fourth wall, so that was another plus ;)

• Like 1

Even though I liked Don't Look Now better, this episode was great as well. I liked the ghosts, and Rusty, and the music that plays when the ghosts trash the Krusty Krab. Patrick was really funny in this episode too, especially his phone conversation with SpongeBob.

Uh I don't really like ghost episodes so I'm just going to keep this one short in opposite of my "Don't Look Now" review.

Live from Cacino (well SoCal) California, it's CowBob RanchPants!

-OMG OLD MAN JENKINS FROM FRIEND OR FOE AND THE MAIN DRAIN

-So yeah I guess the future episode hint from SpongeBob Moves In was right. Props to who found it.

-Wait Rusty on Rie... Sounds like they'll eat Rusty.

-lol blue Fred's voice was played by Clancy (Mr. Krabs) and Nat's voice was played by Bill (Squidward)... You don't hear that often, especially from Clancy.

-time for a SB freak out?

-wow that's a first, no over freak out

-Something before the KK?...

-lol dizzy. But Mr. Krabs was pretty awesome in that scene I gotta say.

-oh my god Patrick's hand

-hey mean mr bossman

-bleh ghost time

-flip flip?

-ew

-Haha Patrick and Mr. Krabs

-GO MR. K!

-reminds me of his fight with skeletons in One Krab's Trash

-dat ending music

I can't really rate it too well since I fast forwarded some parts... but what I saw I'll give it a 7.4/10.

Another great season 9 episode but Don't Look Now was better in my opinion. This episode wasn't funny in my opinion, some parts were boring and I think this episode is rushed a little but the idea of this episode was creative and this episode was very entertaining. Every character in this episode was great but I think Mr. Krabs was the best chracter in this episode. In my opinion, Mr. Krabs is getting likeable again. There weren't much funny parts in this episode but I laughed at a few parts like SpongeBob getting frightened by the movie after Squidward said "How cheesy, who would ever be frightened by that?", Patrick saying "Can we eat some furniture", then SpongeBob saying no and then Patrick screaming, Patrick circling arond Krusty Krabs and the ending. Mr. Krabs defeating the ghosts was the best part in my opinion. I rate this episode 8.5/10. It's not one of my favorite season 9 episodes but It's still a great episode for season 9 and It's worth watching again.

Maybe it was just me, but I preferred this episode over DLN in terms of humor... I laughed more in this episode than DLN. DLN had a better plot, but this had better humor. 

Loved the lightning bit... that was hilarious. 

Fun fact (for RRR fans especially) in the video game Revenge of the Flying Dutchman, there's also a guy named Rusty.

y9GDcxM.jpg

Of course the Rusty in this episode is probably not this Rusty (they're too different, plus as Mr. Krabs said Rusty died a long time ago.)

"Rusty" describes this episode perfectly. I wish it were creepier, a little more macabre Nasty Patty. It would've been so much better had it been like that. 

Some of the bits were funny. I'd give this a solid 5/10.