• Advertisement

187a. Don't Look Now

Jjs Goodman

22 members have voted

1. 1. Don't Look Now Rating

• 5/5 Stars: You want it to look so good, it's scary?
    • 4/5 Stars: If we don't look at him, he'll go away...
    • 3/5 Stars: He's watching us...
    • 2/5 Stars: Lame.
    • 1/5 Stars: That's not scary!

This episode is just AMAZING and I can totally compare this episode to pre-movie episodes. It's my third favorite season 9 episode so far. The idea of getting scared by a movie has already done in many shows but that didn't bother me much becuase the execution of this episode was very good. This episode was very funny and very entertaining. I think Squidward deserved the abuse he got becuase he was trying to scare SpongeBob and Patrick in this episdoe and at the end of a recent episode called "Little Yellow Book", Squidward read SpongeBob's personal diary. I think the writers made up for the ending Little Yellow Book episode. Many parts made me laugh like SpongeBob and Patrick getting scared when they watch the movie, Patrick getting scared more while the couple in the movie were kissing each other, Patrick trying to hold SpongeBob's eyelids open, Squidward as Fisherman, Patrick saying "I don't want to die in my underwear!", then SpongeBob saying "Here. Die in mine." and then they trading underwears and Patrick throwing heavy objects onto Squidward. Also the ending was unexpected and very funny. I definetly recommend this episode. I think season 9 is getting better and better and I hope new episodes continues to get better until this show ends. Season 9 might end up being my favorite SpongeBob season. 10/10

• Like 1

I loved the premise of the episode, the humor was good... I just didn't like underwear exchange gag. I thought it was out of place and weird. I don't get what they were trying to do by having them switch underwear. 

This episode is... something, that's for sure. The premise of Don't Look Now (Spongebob and Patrick are scared by a movie and later on, Squidward tries to continue scaring them) doesn't sound very compelling; heck, a lot of the first half of the episode is filled with the two screaming. The second half, where Squidward goes in and scares Spongebob and Patrick, isn't as bad. The episode itself from here on is alright, I guess. Squidward takes it too far and is punished in the end, and while his punishment here is a bit harsh, at least he's not being punished for no reason as in some other episodes. As a whole, however, Don't Look Now is... alright. There's better in Season 9a, but this one is passable enough.

FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)