• Advertisement

Good Fridays

Young Nug

The surprise is 3 new Halloween themed games and 30 non-Halloween games added to SBC's games page! The Halloween games are in orange. The rest of the games I've saved will be added to the page by the start of November, giving everybody two months to play the games before Flash is killed and the page goes into limbo.

• Like 2

I've added 30 new games to the Games page, with alternating red and green colors for Christmas/winter themed games. There's just under two months to play these games before the death of Flash, so make sure you get on those as soon as possible if there's a few you're just dying to play.

In addition, the new SpongeBob movie will be streamed on Discord tonight at 7 PM EST, so make sure to join us for that!

• Like 2

Added two new winter games: SpongeBob Snowshredder and Winter Run-derland. I also got a request for Soccer Shootout by email, so that's been added too. If there are any games you remember playing that aren't on the site, let me know, because you have just over a month left to play it now.

• Like 1

For those of you who are active on Discord, I've reset the chat economy run by UnbeliavaBoat, and starting today, I'm implementing a system to turn UnbelivaBoat's money into cold hard cashdoubloons. At the end of every month, I'll give the top three on UnbeliavaBoat's leaderboard however much money they have in doubloons. There are three main ways make money in the chat, which are commands that work only in the #robot-pirate-island channel:

$work - This is the safest option, where you do honest work to earn money, but the potential profit isn't as high as with the other options

$slut - You can whore yourself out to get more money than you would doing regular work, but there's a 20% chance of getting caught and paying a hefty fine

$crime - This is the riskiest option, where you do very illegal things to make money, but it also has the highest potential profit. There's a 40% chance of you getting caught, and if you are, you'll pay a steeper fine than you would for $slut, so be careful with this command

The $work command can only be used once an hour, and the $slut and $crime commands can only be used once every two hours. You can also use $rob to steal money from other members, but the chance of a robbery being successful is lower the less cash that other member has on hand. The easiest way to keep yourself from being robbed is simply to use the $deposit command to deposit your money into your personal bank account (use $dep all if you want to deposit all of the cash you currently have on hand). Whenever you need money again to play games or feed your animals or whatever, you can do $withdraw with however much you want to take from your bank account.

The leaderboard will be reset on the first of every month starting in March. Loyal Customers will get 50 gold a day from the bot. Each message you make in chat also gives you a chance of between 10 and 20 gold per message. If you aren't on track to finish in the top three at the end of the month or don't care about getting doubloons on here, you can use your money to buy an item from our store, play games like blackjack or roulette, or buy and feed animals.

There are a lot of other things UnbelievaBoat can do, but I'm focusing on its economy commands because that's where I've made the biggest overhaul. If you have any questions about UnbelievaBoat or whenever Robot Jones is coming back (hint: the answer is never), let me know.

• Like 2

i know its not friday but i wanted to make announcement anyway

@SpongeBob's #1 Fan gets 51,794 doubloons

@WhoBob gets 6,882 doubloons

@Aquatic Konquest gets 5,863 doubloons

I finished fourth and App (who left the forums) finished fifth so it'll just be those three getting prizes

also i probably wont be doing this anymore bc it was a disaster

More fun stuff coming soon! Maybe!

• Happy 3

I'm bringing this back just in time for the holidays!

SBC now has an interviews page headlined by The Art of SpongeBob's interview with Paul Tibbitt from last July. I haven't finished transcribing the interview, but I do have interviews of Tibbitt's fellow crew member Aaron Springer as well as interviews with other big names in children's animation in Joe Murray, Craig McCracken, and Genndy Tartakovsky brought over from a site I no longer maintain, so if you haven't read through them, definitely give them a look! I'll try to have the Tibbitt interview finished by Christmas, and I would like to give a big shoutout to @ThePickleMan for setting up the interview in the first place and giving me permission to add it to SBC. If you aren't a part of The Art of SpongeBob's Discord server yet, definitely make sure to join it or follow their Twitter account, because they have a lot of cool stuff, including, of course, their interview with Tibbitt. See y'all again! Maybe!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've added a new game to the Games page: Bubble Ball Remastered

Based on the super old Nick.com game Bubble Ball, this game is basically just Pong with multiple levels and annoying obstacles. If you do manage to beat it, DM me a screenshot of the final screen which will have a random number either here or on Discord, and you'll win a prize! I'm not sure what it is yet, but hopefully I will by the time somebody beats it. Until next time, FrylockJCM out.

• Thanks 1

I've added a new game to the games page: Revenge of the Flying Dutchman Remake!

Undoubtedly the biggest SpongeBob game to come out this week, you get two entire levels of side-scroller fun with real music and sprites from the GBA game that inspired it and more levels soon to come! If you notice any bugs while playing the game, please let me know, because I would like everything smoothed out as early in its development as possible. The final version of the game will have ten levels and more features added as I learn more about the engine. Hope you all like it!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I'm back with the first major update to the Games page in six months! Due to an update to the emulator for the Flash games, most of them should be playable now. The games that have been tested and are guaranteed to work are under the Working Games section of the page now. 40 games have been tested so far, including all of the Halloween-themed games, which are colored in orange. I'll try to get the rest of them tested over the weekend, but you're free to play as many as you want, of course, and if you do notice any under Working Games that don't actually work, please message me here or on Discord and I'll try to address it as soon as possible.

• Like 1

All of the flash games have now been tested, so there are now 120 games under the Working Games section of our games page.

As a final treat, I've added a new game, SpongeBlocks, based on my favorite game from the arcade SBC had when it was powered by vBulletin. Like our other exclusive games, it should work on mobile, though I will warn you that the mobile version of the game doesn't have as much functionality and is therefore much harder than the desktop version.

If you have any issues with that game or any of the games that are now listed as working, please let me know. I likely won't be making any more major changes to the page, as I want to focus on other parts of SBC I've neglected, including and especially the other SBC, SpongeBob Captures. As always, happy gaming.

• God Himself 1

I've made the first update to the Interviews page in over a year, adding interviews with well-known crew members Dave Cunningham and Jay Lender as well as the lesser known Chris Rios. Expect more updates to the page coming sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

I've added an interview with Dani Michaeli and (one part of) an interview with Richard Pursel to the interviews page. The second part of the Pursel interview will be added tomorrow morning. Expect even more after that. 👍

• Like 1