• Advertisement

Disney's Frozen

Clappy

This movie.... this movie..... I had to sit through this entire movie, I had to listen to every song, every line. and when it was over, I promised myself that I would review this movie. 

So from the sounds of it, you're going to give your opinion as a very angrily stated fact because for some reason you hate love and happiness and snowmen.

I finally caught it and I loved it! The snowman was hilarious, the songs were overall good, especially "Let It Go" and the whole plot was just really good. I can already picture a "Frozen 2". It might actually work! :)

Wait hold up I just saw this.

I don't get why people are thinking a Frozen 2 is a good idea. Frozen was based off of a pre-existing story (albeit very loosely). Frozen 2 would be based off of nothing. That's a horrible idea, considering how poorly Disney sequels are received anyway (Rescuers Down Under and Winnie the Pooh notwithstanding). Tangled Ever After-esque short? Please. Completely new movie about a new plot that deviates from the basic premise of the original story? No thanks. There's no openness to the ending they provided; a sequel would be a cash grab and nothing more.

So, this just won the Oscars for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song (Let It Go). It's good to see that Disney's alive and kicking again in both departments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, this just won the Oscars for Best Animated Feature and Best Original Song (Let It Go). It's good to see that Disney's alive and kicking again in both departments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But this is the first Walt Disney Animation Studios film to win Best Animated Feature.

I had to look this up because it sounds like bullshit. Turns out the award is younger than I thought it was.

Yeah I thought it was bullshit when I discovered that so I looked it up for clarification.  But yeah, they introduced the category in 2001.

But this is the first Walt Disney Animation Studios film to win Best Animated Feature.

Well, I was counting Pixar movies as Disney films, but I guess you have a point. That makes this win even more impressive.

Well, I was counting Pixar movies as Disney films, but I guess you have a point. That makes this win even more impressive.

Probably shouldn't do that, since Pixar is Pixar. Might as well count Ghibli films are Disney films too.

I was certain Beauty and the Beast or the Lion King won before. I could be wrong though.

Nope. Best Animated Feature wasn't introduced as an award until 2001. Beauty and the Beast was nominated for Best Picture in 1992. Sadly The Lion King wasn't.

I was certain Beauty and the Beast or the Lion King won before. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, those were the ones I was thinking of too, but Disney was really the only one doing it before 2001 so there wouldn't have been much of a point to have a category with one movie nominated (granted Pixar and DreamWorks were doing things - but not much; and the animation surge we have now didn't really hit until after Shrek was released).