• Advertisement

092. Atlantis Squarepantis

Blackout

After re-watching it a few times, I didn't think it was THAT bad as some people constantly make it out to be. Shoot me, but I actually found some of the songs catchy. They could have done a bit more with it story-wise, but I thought it wasn't that bad, although I do think the Patchy bits kind of took up the time. 7/10

I like this episode as well. It wasn't the best special, but still pretty enjoyable, and I don't think it deserves all the hate it gets. Though I do agree with some people that they should've at least given David Bowie a singing part since it was a musical.

Okay here's my review for THE MOST UNDERRATED SPONGEBOB EPISODE IN HISTORY!!! This episode is considered as the worst SpongeBob episode EVER!!! It's even more underrated than Best Day Ever. Okay, seriously? This special is not bad at all. I admit that It has some flaws but I thought this special was okay. I don't like it but I don't hate it either. I can understand a little why many people hates this episode but IMO, this is not one of the worst SpongeBob episodes. It's not even worth to put on my bottom 50 episodes list. I think many people hates this episode because Nickelodeon hyped up this special with Bunger King toys and a video game but I don't count this as the main reason why this special is terrible. Blame Nickelodeon for this. Another reason why people hates this special is that this special has too many musical numbers. Musicals are not bad. Musicals are good, If the songs are catchy and the lyrics are good. For example a recent American Dad episode called Minstrel Krampus was a musical too but the musical numbers in this episode were great in my opinion and this episode was very funny. I didn't like that this special was a musical too and some of musical numbers were a little annoying but not all musical numbers in this episode are bad. I liked a few musical numbers in this episode like Bubble Song. Okay, there are some problems I had with this special. First of all, in this episode the ruler of Atlantis is not King Neptune, It's an alien called Lord Royal Highness. When I heard this special, I was expecting to see King Neptune in this episode, not an alien. This is one of post-movie era's problems, continue issue (I still like post-movie though). Second of all, Plankton's appearance in this episode was pointless. Why did he want to have the weapons in Atlantis? Is he gonne take over the World by using weapons or try to steal the secret formula with the weapons? We don't know. It's very disappointing that this is another Plankton special. I love Plankton but I'm getting tired of watching Plankton specials. Writers, do we really need Plankton as a villain in every specials? No, infact we don't need a villain in every special. Christmas Who episode didn't have a villain at all and that episode was actually great. Third of all, the backstory doesn't even make sense. Why did Allantian Citizens leave their planet with the bubble? Is It because the planet is not a safe place for the bubble? Once again, we don't know. Forth of all, I find the part when Patrick popped the bubble with his camera stupid. I know Patrick is stupid but didn't he learned his lesson when he accidently popped the fake bubble with his camera? Fifth of all, I was expecting an adventure in this special but instead of an adventure, we get a tour. Very disappointing. Also I didn't like how this special is ended. I really felt bad for Squidward, Sandy and Mr. Krabs at the end of this episode. These are the negatives about this special and now here's the positives about this special. This special didn't have much humor in my opinion but I did laugh at some parts in this episode too. Patrick singing in this episode but he not knowing what is he gonna sing about was very funny. Gary having a party at SpongeBob's house was hilarious. The tank scene was funny too. Some people says the fight scene was boring but I thought It was a little enjoyable. Also I liked the video game scenes. Patchy's segment was okay but It had It's moments too. Overall, these are my thoughs on Atlantis SquarePantis. It's not horrible as everyone says but It's still not a good episode either and It could have been much better. I hope SpongeBob's next TV movie will be much better. 6/10

10/10 Perfect

Great songs, funny jokes (even if it has a lack of them) and bizzare enough for my age. 

Alternate title: At Atlantis

Highlight: The hallucination

season 5 GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

But we really have to go...

Edited by Jelly Lelly