• Advertisement

092. Atlantis Squarepantis

Blackout

PLOT: Spongebob and the gang head off to Atlantis after finding both pieces of an Atlantic coin. Join the gang in a fun-filled musical around Atlantis with the magic bus. When Plankton sneaks abord, can SpongeBob stop him? And what happens with SpongeBob and Patrick pop the world's oldest bubble?

This episode is very underrated, IMO. Sure, the singing could get annoying, but this episode was still funny, and who doesn't love David Bowie? :idea:

While it's underrated, it's also overrated by the people who kinda like it, but just say they love it because it's underrated... but that just makes it overrated. If that made any sense whatsover, y'know? :tongue:

While it's underrated, it's also overrated by the people who kinda like it, but just say they love it because it's underrated... but that just makes it overrated. If that made any sense whatsover, y'know? :tongue:

And this is why I hate the terms "overrated" and "underrated" (though I am guilty of using them occasionally).

Completely agree with 70s statement

Anyway, as for my opinion, dislike the episode. They could have at least had David Bowie sing, but they failed so hard with that opportunity.

clapmaster said:
Completely agree with 70s statement

Anyway, as for my opinion, dislike the episode. They could have at least had David Bowie sing, but they failed so hard with that opportunity.

Well, I'm not very sure, but I think it's because it wouldn't be the same if he wasn't in his 60's. If this was why, then poor guy.

Edited by jjsthekid

I love this episode, and at the same time, I hate it.

It has some very good moments, but others are awful.

Most songs are alright, especially the ones they sing when at Atlantis but some I can't stand like the one they sing to get to Atlantis.

Didn't really care for it. Too much singing, not enough humor (or storyline)
I corroborate with this post and I also believe it should have been retitled. Of course, viewers won't be impressed by something named "Atlantis Squarepantis: The Musical" unless they could pull it off as well as the Fairly OddParents did.