• Advertisement

057b. The Camping Episode

Sabre

The Camping Episode

Like I've already said in this thread: A great episode but it's very overrated. I still have the same opinion as before, but that doesn't mean I dislike the episode. It's great, the song, the characters, the setting - everything. The actually plot, although simple, had a lot of character on it's own, and it also could have gone in many different ways. The song is the most memorable part of the episode and maybe even the whole of season 3. Then there's the ending, love it or hate it you've got to admit it is hilarious. The Sea bear was a great character and what probably made the episode even more memorable was the amount of running gags ("Knew this guy", Patrick's Marshmallows and the multiple attacks) The ending was one of my favorite endings written, just for the shear fact that it lets the viewer imagine whats going to happen next (Which I often do like) A great episode, in my top 5 for season 3.

Score: A, 4.5/5, 9.5/10, Magnificent

I saw this episode yesterday and... damn. That poor Squidward can never catch a break, can he?

Nope. xD But I laugh when he gets hurt... :oops:...he's one of my fav characters, but it's pretty hilarious that Spongebob and Patrick draw a circle and are safe, and Squidward dresses a certain way and gets hurt. 526874.gif

Yeah, I think the Squidward abuse was pushed a little over the edge here. I think it was Rodger Bumpass's voice acting in that particular episode that makes me feel sorry for him. "Thanks for the tip. I think I'll just limp home now." is said in such a pathetic and helpless way that you can't help but feel sorry for him. And then that sea rhinoceros at the end... oh, dear Lord.