• Advertisement

Jjs' Riffing Theater 3000

Jjs Goodman

Back then, everybody said BikinI Top was good, and now everybody says Bikini Top sucks. Cruel irony if I might add, but that's just coming from me, who only read probably half of Bikini Top S1 and hasn't read much of the commentary yet. Bikini Top itself was pretty forgettable, in my views, except the characters, the cliches, and Dylan and Dragiiin with their character war back in 2010.

I've read Killer Krab before, so I'd be able to shed some light here.

• Like 2

So, 70s wants a review eh.. well, I'll give him a review...

tumblr_mklzaeFeke1qbtob8o1_500.gif

================  Bikini Top.. IF You Can Say That ===================

Rating: .. where is it

==============================================================

The SpongeBob Community's so-called "hit", Bikini Top is a fanfiction created by that70sguy following the adventures of a bunch of teenagers with more hormones than actual

people such as Bryan, Jake, Trey, Temperance, Anna, you name it. Taking place in the town of "Bikini Top" (must be a popular place for prepubescent boys), more-so the local

Smoothie Shack, this place is more dark than you'd think. Stephanie Meyer had her mouth wide-open just reading the first letter of this shlock. Every sentence is "dark", "edgy"

and it's sort of like the Citizen Kane of the Community. Not one second passes without drama, not one. That might've been good if the writing had actually been entertaining and

cohesive, but it is not. For one, it is soooo not SpongeBob. Why is it SpongeBob? The only thing keeping it in the Sponge's universe is horrible fish-titles like "Fishbook" or "Fishpod".

Characters that are brought up seem never to appear again, situations are just plain boring and sometimes don't make sense, and the jokes that come up are completely unintentional.

The town we see could just've been easily been a normal piece of literature. You didn't need to tarnish the SpongeBob universe as well. Even the writing is such rubbish the descriptive

text is just plain horrible and is moreso for a laugh than everything else. One episode brings up "blended fruit" as descriptiveness for a smoothie. I almost gave up there.

I'd review the plot here, but from what I've read (season 1) there is none.

You know what? This show doesn't even deserve a proper review. This excuse for a fanfiction is deplorable in every way possible, 70s does not even add any interesting plots, they're

all basically the same drama plots we've seen before but instead of at least being handled well are complete junk. Congrats, 70s. May the plothole be with you.

=================================================================================

Great riffs, jjs and the guests, most of the time, I was chuckling quite a lot. It's great everyone is finally judging this garbage for what it is and I'm considering sending the review above to gleeforums...

Maybe even hosting the spinoff on fanfiction.net. 

• Like 4