• Advertisement

Jjs' Riffing Theater 3000

Jinjo

In the short time I was here in the riffing theater, I had a ton of fun with you guys. Sad to see it go, but as Teenj himself said, all good things must come to an end.

Fantastic work over the years, jjs. Godspeed to ya, and good luck on your current and future projects.

• Like 1

Absolutely stellar finale. Like many, despite this being a great, truly influential show, I'm glad that it's ending now on a high note. Even as I don't truly believe that we'd ever end up becoming the next Channel Awesome, Riffing Theater has served its purpose, like you implied. Even if the content of it remained of high-quality, it doesn't change the fact that the show is not something we "need" anymore. Commentary and riffing on other people's works is essentially just comedic reviewing, it can't take the place of actual shows on SBC. All the more motivation to be putting our time into making our own original content. I'll also thank SOF for the shout-out to me, I'm always willing to help him make a good show. :)

I guess I'll end this by saying that my top five favorite riffing projects, in no particular order, were Bikini Top Season 2 (even with the riffs of mine that I sort of regret now, everyone else's commentary was god-tier for 2014 standards), And Then There Were Less 3 (duh), Down Under (sorry that you didn't have fun with these riffs, but I'm very proud of the commentary I did on them), Eddsworld Meets Spongebob (still the worst SBC show I've ever read, but was too much bad fun not to love riffing), and of course, these one-shots. Literally, their only flaw was Elastic not being able to join us.

Amazing work, all of you. Thank you for how well you've managed this show, Jjs. I can not wait to see what new shows you have in store for the future, because the future is looking bright right now. ^_^

• Like 6

past luke for best spin-off character 

I gotta say, even though I became a fan of this theater towards the end, I still had a great reading these riffs. I'm a little sad to see this go, but it's like they say, nothing good lasts forever. I will continue to come back and read all the riffs again just because they're all so good, and I will always regret not being a part of the team. See you, space cowboy. :wub: 

13723613173514.gif

• Like 2

As a member of the riffing team myself, I would like to say thank you to jjs and all of the other riffers on this project. It's been a really fun ride. It's been also fun riffing on this one-shot project too. I really liked all of our riffs on this one and everyone was at their strongest here too (especially Laughing Ostrich, that guy was an underrated riffer). Really, I am so glad that I came back swinging to do the one-shots and finish with a bang. Because if I'm being frank, my riffs here blow away all of my previous ones in the past. I was really blessed to be a part of the experience in general.

Speaking of, here's a list of my favorite projects on here (whether or not I were involved with them):

Spoiler
  • Squidward's Childhood
  • SOF's Exciting Critic Corner
  • Sponge's Atlantis
  • Patrick Vs. World
  • Childhood Deleted with SpongeBob SquarePants
  • Life of Larry the Krab
  • Patty Daddy
  • World of Gloves
  • What Happens on Conch Street
  • Bikini Bottom High
  • Eddsworld Meets SpongeBob
  • SBC: Investigation & Prosecution
  • Can You Please Past the Future
  • SBC: The Soap Opera
  • SpongeBoy! Get a Clue!
  • Mermaid Man: The Aquatic Avenger
  • The Dark Side of the Herd
  • and yes, all of the one-shot projects

Welp. That's the end of the show. Great riffing, and good night.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That was a great final (and fitting) wrap-up, guys. I'm truly proud of the way the theater has entertained and united the community over the last few years - cementing itself as a true legacy. Hats off to you, Jjs, and to all the riffers and fans who made this ride well worth it.

• Like 4