• Advertisement

How has your obsession changed with SB after joining SBC/TV.com?

E.V.I.L.

19 members have voted

1. 1. Thread's question?

• Same obsession
    • Less obsession
    • More obsession

To be honest, I was a much bigger fan back in my tv.com days since I was always contributing to that guide and posting in the forums. I always had to keep up with the show. But ever since I got into Avatar more I kinda lowered my hype towards SB, but that doesn't mean that I don't like it, I still watch it every now and then. Joining SBC made me come back to my old ways in a sense, especially since this place has a nostalgic feeling to it.

Well...

While I started using the internet for the world of adolescent forum use, it didn't take me long to realize peoples' opinions are fixated on the "decline" of Spongebob. Did my opinion change? No. After stalking TV.com for not a too long while, I've joined and expressed my love for Spongebob. Of course, I grew to hate my overly defensive/non-opinion taking self when I ended up having to dislike A:TLA to spite its KCA victory into breaking Spongebob's streak, whilst I do not dislike A:TLA anymore Eventually, I still wasn't able to take an opinion about peoples' views on Spongebob until later as I got annoyed with the same response. I'm a legal adult at the moment, I still watch Spongebob, I still have my memorablia that I still expand for the sake of my own collection, I can agree with Spongebob's current flaws, and I am also currently able to ignore peoples' thoughts on new Spongebob, as I vow for myself. Only a little bit has changed with my thoughts on Spongebob, but my opinion seems generally the same, in my views. I sound like a boring geek...

To be honest, the only time I ever remember being close to having an obsession with Spongebob was when I was seven or eight years old. I was already seeing it as just something to watch when there was nothing else on by the time I joined TV.com, and my opinion hasn't really changed since.

Well I was pretty obsessed when I joined TV.com and I think interacting with other fans did increase my obsession. My obsession eventually faded to a point where I still like the show, but not enough to consider myself obsessed, but I do find that whenever I am active in SBC, I do feel like watching SpongeBob more which is odd considering I don't comment too much on the SpongeBob forums, but I guess the vibe of SBU makes me want to watch the show more. 

The weird thing is... I used to watch Spongebob everyday, I feel like I'm on SBC more than I watch Spongebob. Is that weird or is it just me? :huh:

Not weird at all. Now drink your mind-control... er, mango-pineapple juice.

• Like 1