• Advertisement

044b. Idiot Box

Sabre

I like the continuity it has been it and 'Christmas Who?' That Patrick would find Spongebob broken down, extremely sad and tears flowing down him would be 'funny' annoys me, though.

It was a funny episode, especially when Spongebob tries to steal the box in Patricks' rock.

A-

I think you might be talking about the episode "Secret Box".

Another amazing season 3 episode, although I prefer Nasty Patty over this episode. Many parts in this episode was very funny. Patrick imagining himself as a starfish, then Squiward saying "Patrick, you're already a starfish." and then Patrick saying " See, Squidward? It works! You try!" was very funny. All of sound effects in this episode really cracked me up. Squidward watching Championship Boxing cracked me up and that was the best part of this episode. Squidward imagining himself racing was also funny. The ending of this episode was also funny. 10/10

• Like 1

This is one of the many episodes that makes an older viewer like me want to be a kid again, so I can experience the wonder and excitement that I felt as a child watching SpongeBob and Patrick make something out of nothing and dance around, caring little about what other people thought of them. This episode embodies what the show has been about since day 1: a fun, fantastical underwater adventure that invites its young audience to get lost in its world for around 30 minutes plus commercials. It's never been more, it's never been less, and that's why it's been a champion of children's cable for almost fifteen years now.

In my review for Snowball Effect, I mentioned the Squidward-doesn't-want-to-do-something-fun-but-SpongeBob-and-Patrick-convince-him-to-do-it-anyway formula. That formula is used here, and just like in SE, its given enough twists and turns to make this episode look fully original.

I spent my whole life thinking that Band Geeks was the best episode of SpongeBob and............actually, it's Krusty Krab Training Video now, but this episode almost made me want to rethink my priorities. I re-watched it a few times when it aired on Nick or Nicktoons and I always end up losing my shit each time. Definitely a Top 5 episode for me.

Call it "overrated" all you want, guys, it still has some of the most underappreciated quotes of the whole series. "I AM THE LIZARD KING!" (Apparently, this was a line from a Doors song, this episode deserves extra brownie points for that too).

10/10

Have I really NOT written something for this episode segment BEFORE?! o.o That's what I call REALLY dropping the ball; (whatever THAT means!) :rolleyes: This episode is really great in terms of both visual humor, and even in just audio humor! Because of the unique premise of this episode, most of it revolves around WHATEVER Spongebob and Patrick are doing INSIDE of the box, and Squidward REACTING to what he hears (or maybe what he is IMAGINING that he is hearing!) :D And for the most part, we DON'T get to see what Spongebob and Patrick are doing inside of the box, which means that the audience (we, OURSELVES), have to IMAGINE what is going on inside the box! :hysterical: This is DEFINITELY one of the masterpieces for season three, and the series as a whole, and I would EASILY give it an 11/10! :cool: Enough said! ;)