• Advertisement

Please Do Not Go See This Movie 2.0 - Planes: The "Spin-off" to Cars

Clappy

I know crap when I smell it.  I hate on lazy sequels, lazy remakes, and so much more pure laziness.  But this?  This is the worst.  This is what I absolutely hate.  When they make movies like this that are direct to DVD crap, just to try and make a few extra million dollars without putting absolutely no effort into it.  I mean you can tell that these guys aren't trying because Dane Cook is the lead voice actor.  Yep, Dane Cook.  The same guy who peaked and lost all relevancy five years ago.  I mean Disney knows they are going to make lots of money with this crappy looking spin-off because Cars makes a ton of money solely on merchandising.  So...hey.  Why not make planes have the ability to communicate and have freaky looking eyes on themselves too.  I just hate this idea.  I hate that they are making a full theatrical film based off it.  I just hate hate hate how it's going to make back it's budget and then some.

• Like 2

Disney has stopped with unauthorized unneccessary sequels, pretty much about almost five years ago.

Pixar doesn't seem to be loosening out their trend of 'quels just yet.

Actually this isn't a Pixar project. Pixar isn't involved with this at all and it's all Disney.

Actually this isn't a Pixar project. Pixar isn't involved with this at all and it's all Disney.

Before editing my one post, I might as well agree seeing Disney themselves filling up the gasoline for the cow car. Sucky metaphor, but you get the point.

Before editing my one post, I might as well agree seeing Disney themselves filling up the gasoline for the cow car. Sucky metaphor, but you get the point.

Point clear. :P

That's a prequel, though. Not exactly a spin-off. And Pixar is making it, unlike this.

What Maxwell said.  The fact that Pixar doesn't even want to be involved with a spin-off to Cars is a huge red flag that this is going to be nothing but a cheap cash grab attempt.

• Like 2

What Maxwell said.  The fact that Pixar doesn't even want to be involved with a spin-off to Cars is a huge red flag that this is going to be nothing but a cheap cash grab attempt.

Which I think makes up for the fact that Pixar did Cars 2.  The fact that Cars 2 was done solely for money and Pixar is saying no to more money shows that they actually care about what they put out.  I'm just going to overlook this movie and focus my attention on Frozen and just forget Disney did this.

• Like 1

Which I think makes up for the fact that Pixar did Cars 2.  The fact that Cars 2 was done solely for money and Pixar is saying no to more money shows that they actually care about what they put out.  I'm just going to overlook this movie and focus my attention on Frozen and just forget Disney did this.

How much longer until Disney posts a trailer for Frozen?  I think it sounds enticing based off the premise.