• Advertisement

Season 6 Discussion

Sabre

NEWS ABOUT VOLUME 2:

Episodes: (Mostly like it will be these, for more info, read my theory on the SpongeBob board)

Porous Pockets

Choir Boys

Krusty Krushers

The Card

Dear Vikings

Ditchin'

Pineapple Fever

Chum Caverns

Grandpappy the Pirate

Cephalopod Lodge

Shuffleboarding

Professor Squidward

Pet or Pests

Komputer Overload

Gullible Pants

Overbooked

No Hat for Pat

Toy Store of Doom

Sand Castles in the Sand

Shell Shocked

Chum Bucket Supreme

Single Cell Anniversary

The Clash of Triton

Package: (Something like it, got it from region 2, where they release complete seasons)

15896616x.jpg

Release date:

TBA

Aren't they releasing Season 6 in volumes first?

• Like 1

I actually liked Season 6, 428899.gif it had quite a lot of enjoyable episodes in my opinion.

I did too. I loved the plot ideas though, even though there were a few disgusting scenes (like the toenail scene in "House Fancy.)

Oh man imagine what that would be like! 428899.gif

Patrick would probably destroy the town!

Giant Squidward HILARIOUS. Probably one of the funniest episodes of SB IMO. xD I'd like to see how a Giant Patrick would turn out. 428899.gif

My views have since changed. I know hate this season and consider it a disgrace to SpongeBob. I believe many people gave up on the show in S6 and that's why everyone still says it's garbage, when in reality it's now OK, though not great.

• Like 1

House Fancy: 11/10

Krabby Road: 8.5/10

Penny Foolish: -2/10

Nautical Novice: 10/10

Spongicus: 10/10

Suction Cup Symphony: 10/10

Not Normal: 9.5/10

Gone: 9.5/10

The Splinter: 0.7/10

Slide Whistle Stooges: 8/10

A Life In A Day: 8.5/10

Sun Bleached: 1/10

Giant Squidward: 11/10

No Nose Knows: 9.5/10

Patty Caper: 11/10

Plankton's Regular: 8/10

Boating Buddies: 9/10

The Krabby Kronicle: 8/10

The Slumber Party: 11/10

Grooming Gary: 5.5/10

Spongebob Vs. The Big One: 10/10

Porous Pockets: N/A (Haven't seen it in a LONG Time....)

Choir Boys: 9.5/10

Krusty Krushers: 11/10

The Card: 5/10

Dear Vikings: 4/10

Ditchin': 10/10

Grandpappy The Pirate: 7.5/10

Cephalopod Lodge: 7/10

Squid's Visit: 10/10

To SquarePants Or Not To SquarePants: 8.5/10

Shuffleboarding: 8.5/10

Professor Squidward: 9.5/10 (Waits for people to say WHAT?)

Pets Or Pets: 1/10

Komputer Overload: 10/10

Gullible Pants: 7.5/10

Overbooked: 10/10

No Hat For Pat: 11/10

Toy Store Of Doom: 11/10

Sand Castle In The Sand: 8/10

Shell Shocked: 5.5/10

Chum Bucket Supreme: 10/10

Single Cell Anniversary: 10/10

Truth Or Square: 100/10

Pineapple Fever: 8/10

Chum Caverns: 10/10

The Clash Of Triton: 9.5/10

Like Season 5, There were a few bad episodes. But, It still turns out to be a great season. (Then again, I like All the seasons except for 4.)

House Fancy: 8/10

Krabby Road: 8.5/10

Penny Foolish: 2/10

Nautical Novice: 9/10

Spongicus: 10/10

Suction Cup Symphony: 9/10

Not Normal: 9.5/10 (though this may be because it premiered on my birthday :P)

Gone: 7/10

The Splinter: 4/10

Slide Whistle Stooges: 6/10

A Life In A Day: 8.5/10

Sun Bleached: 5/10

Giant Squidward: 9/10

No Nose Knows: 8.5/10

Patty Caper: 9/10

Plankton's Regular: 7/10

Boating Buddies: 8/10

The Krabby Kronicle: 8/10

The Slumber Party: 8/10

Grooming Gary: 7/10

Spongebob Vs. The Big One: 10/10

Porous Pockets: 7/10

Choir Boys: 8/10

Krusty Krushers: 8/10

The Card: 5/10

Dear Vikings: 4/10

Ditchin': 5/10

Grandpappy The Pirate: 8/10

Cephalopod Lodge: 3/10

Squid's Visit: 5/10

To SquarePants Or Not To SquarePants: 7/10

Shuffleboarding: 2/10

Professor Squidward: 2/10

Pets Or Pets: 1/10

Komputer Overload: 9/10

Gullible Pants: 7.5/10

Overbooked: 8/10

No Hat For Pat: 8.4/10

Toy Store Of Doom: 9/10

Sand Castle In The Sand: 8/10

Shell Shocked: 7/10

Chum Bucket Supreme: 10/10

Single Cell Anniversary: 10/10

Truth Or Square: 9.6/10

Pineapple Fever: 8/10

Chum Caverns: 10/10

The Clash Of Triton: 5/10

I used to think Season 5 was the worst, but then I looked back and determined I enjoy more episodes from 5 than 6. Plus, the ones in my Bottom 3 are all from Season 6. 5 is simply less dull and grotesque by comparison.

6.3/10

Might as well say my thoughts on this Season

It's an absolute pile of crap.

This Season. It almost made me give up on Spongebob, right here. It was meant to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the show. So, what do we get for sticking with a show -that's quality had been wavering for about three years- for a decade? Crap. This Season introduced a new writer and a new storyboard director to the team: Derek Iversen and Sean Charmatz. They were actually okay writers, but that's beside the point.

This season seemed to take the show in a new direction. It began moving away from the roots the show had planted in Rocko's Modern Life, and pushing towards the elements of Ren And Stimpy that it had used in the past. Now, instead of humorous character interaction, and hilarious situations Spongebob would get himself into, we get Spongebob trying to rip a Splinter out of his thumb for 11 minutes and him getting kidnapped by Vikings.

Gross-out was used a lot this Season. Squidward's toenail. The Splinter. Pets Or Pests. Squidward tearing off his eyebrow skin in Pineapple Fever. And, it was sprinkled throughout the other S6 episodes. Here, many character's personalities were exaggerated. Spongebob went from a moderately irritating and well meaning guy with OCD tendencies, to a complete stalker that was overtly happy and borderline creepy at times. He became incredibly annoying at every chance he got.

Squidward progressed from a character that was lazy and sarcastic and artsy and irritable and vain/snobbish to one that was easily irritated, overtly artsy, and incredibly snobby. His relationship with Spongebob transformed from "He's like a little bro. You wanna kill him half the time, but deep down, you like him" to "Get away from me or I will kill you so hard, not even joking, I hate you with every fiber in my being". His character gained something else, though, and this is probably the best thing to happen to him Post-Movie. When an episode doesn't particularly focus on Squidward heavily, (And especially in Aaron Springer's episodes) Squidward turns into a sarcastic jerk with great lines.

Spongebob: Squidward, do you hear that? What is that noise?

Squidward:....Excruciating.

Mr. Krabs: This promotion is designed to save us money, boy! All our loyal customers-

Squidward: What loyal customers? You have none.

Mr. Krabs: Don't you know when you're not being listened to?

Squidward: You're the only one talking.

Patrick became more child-like, as opposed to dumber. Moments of his past intelligence show in episodes like Porous Pockets. Sandy.... I don't know. No Karate. No Texas, "I'm a Texas, Hoe-Down action Squirrel" stuff anymore. Just Science. Whatever. And, Mr. Krabs became a jerk obsessed with money to the point that he wasted almost a week of his life stalking Spongebob for a freaking penny.

I guess it was here that Aaron Springer thought that continuity errors were funny. He seemed to adopt a habit that characters who had interacted in the past didn't know each other. From Spongebob Squarepants V.S The Big One:

*Sandy walks over*

Squidward: Who are you?

Pets Or Pests:

Spongebob: That voice.... Could it be?

*Larry the Lobster turns around*

Spongebob: Larry The Lobster!

Larry: Do I know you?

Spongebob: Probably not.

Why? WHY? Things like this just seem to say "Hey, isn't it funny to spit in the face of everything we've previously worked on? It's hilarious to kill pre-existing character relationships? Yeah, it's great." Ugh. While, yes, there were a few bright spots (Truth Or Square is one of my favorite episodes, period) there's too much badness too overlook. It doesn't work. Something went terribly wrong here.

And, while Season Five seemed as if it was struggling very hard to be as Pre-Movie as it could (see Atlantis SquarePantis for a prime example), this Season seems to say, "Screw it. We don't care anymore." The worst part is that the writers immediately got their crap together the next Season. So something bad happened here, and the writers knew it. Sad to see a show, that, three Seasons ago, was a thriving hilarious labor of love, and, then, three Seasons later, turned into this.

The writers got their game up for the next two Seasons. But that doesn't excuse what happened here. It's just..... Why. Why did this happen. The writers didn't run out of ideas. Seasons 7 and 8 prove that. I guess it was just a new direction they were trying that didn't work out. Still, very sad. THis show has proved that it can be good. The fact that Season 6 was anywhere near this bad is just sad.

3/10. Inexcusable badness. The three comes from the two good specials we got. And a few fresh episodes we got throughout S6. Just bad. Worst Season, as far as I'm concerned.

This Season. It almost made me give up on Spongebob, right here. It was meant to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the show. So, what do we get for sticking with a show -that's quality had been wavering for about three years- for a decade? Crap. This Season introduced a new writer and a new storyboard director to the team: Derek Iversen and Sean Charmatz. They were actually okay writers, but that's beside the point.

This season seemed to take the show in a new direction. It began moving away from the roots the show had planted in Rocko's Modern Life, and pushing towards the elements of Ren And Stimpy that it had used in the past. Now, instead of humorous character interaction, and hilarious situations Spongebob would get himself into, we get Spongebob trying to rip a Splinter out of his thumb for 11 minutes and him getting kidnapped by Vikings.

Gross-out was used a lot this Season. Squidward's toenail. The Splinter. Pets Or Pests. Squidward tearing off his eyebrow skin in Pineapple Fever. And, it was sprinkled throughout the other S6 episodes. Here, many character's personalities were exaggerated. Spongebob went from a moderately irritating and well meaning guy with OCD tendencies, to a complete stalker that was overtly happy and borderline creepy at times. He became incredibly annoying at every chance he got.

Squidward progressed from a character that was lazy and sarcastic and artsy and irritable and vain/snobbish to one that was easily irritated, overtly artsy, and incredibly snobby. His relationship with Spongebob transformed from "He's like a little bro. You wanna kill him half the time, but deep down, you like him" to "Get away from me or I will kill you so hard, not even joking, I hate you with every fiber in my being". His character gained something else, though, and this is probably the best thing to happen to him Post-Movie. When an episode doesn't particularly focus on Squidward heavily, (And especially in Aaron Springer's episodes) Squidward turns into a sarcastic jerk with great lines.

Mr. Krabs: This promotion is designed to save us money, boy! All our loyal customers-

Patrick became more child-like, as opposed to dumber. Moments of his past intelligence show in episodes like Porous Pockets. Sandy.... I don't know. No Karate. No Texas, "I'm a Texas, Hoe-Down action Squirrel" stuff anymore. Just Science. Whatever. And, Mr. Krabs became a jerk obsessed with money to the point that he wasted almost a week of his life stalking Spongebob for a freaking penny.

I guess it was here that Aaron Springer thought that continuity errors were funny. He seemed to adopt a habit that characters who had interacted in the past didn't know each other. From Spongebob Squarepants V.S The Big One:

*Sandy walks over*

Pets Or Pests:

Why? WHY? Things like this just seem to say "Hey, isn't it funny to spit in the face of everything we've previously worked on? It's hilarious to kill pre-existing character relationships? Yeah, it's great." Ugh. While, yes, there were a few bright spots (Truth Or Square is one of my favorite episodes, period) there's too much badness too overlook. It doesn't work. Something went terribly wrong here.

And, while Season Five seemed as if it was struggling very hard to be as Pre-Movie as it could (see Atlantis SquarePantis for a prime example), this Season seems to say, "Screw it. We don't care anymore." The worst part is that the writers immediately got their crap together the next Season. So something bad happened here, and the writers knew it. Sad to see a show, that, three Seasons ago, was a thriving hilarious labor of love, and, then, three Seasons later, turned into this.

The writers got their game up for the next two Seasons. But that doesn't excuse what happened here. It's just..... Why. Why did this happen. The writers didn't run out of ideas. Seasons 7 and 8 prove that. I guess it was just a new direction they were trying that didn't work out. Still, very sad. THis show has proved that it can be good. The fact that Season 6 was anywhere near this bad is just sad.

3/10. Inexcusable badness. The three comes from the two good specials we got. And a few fresh episodes we got throughout S6. Just bad. Worst Season, as far as I'm concerned.

SO AGREED. 

*Sandy walks over*

Pets Or Pests:

Yeah. And another time, Mr. Krabs stole the secret ingredient and blamed SpongeBob for it.

House Fancy: 1/10
Krabby Road: 7/10
Penny Foolish: 1/10
Nautical Novice: 2/10
Spongicus: 4/10

Suction Cup Symphony: 5/10
Not Normal: 2/10 
Gone: 2/10
The Splinter: 3/10
Slide Whistle Stooges: 1/10

A Life In A Day: 6/10
Sun Bleached: ?/10 (haven't seen it)
Giant Squidward: 3/10
No Nose Knows: 2/10

Patty Caper: 4/10
Plankton's Regular: 2/10
Boating Buddies: 0/10
The Krabby Kronicle: 3/10
The Slumber Party: 4/10
Grooming Gary: 2/10
Spongebob Vs. The Big One: 3/10
Porous Pockets: 2/10
Choir Boys: 2/10
Krusty Krushers: 3/10
The Card: 1/10
Dear Vikings: 2/10
Ditchin': 3/10
Grandpappy The Pirate: 3.5/10

Cephalopod Lodge: 5/10
Squid's Visit: 1/10
To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants: 2/10
Shuffleboarding: 1/10
Professor Squidward: 2/10
Pet or Pests: 2.5/10
Komputer Overload: 4/10
Gullible Pants: 2/10
Overbooked: 4/10
No Hat For Pat: 4/10
Toy Store Of Doom: 2.5/10

Sand Castles In The Sand: 9.8/10
Shell Shocked: 5.5/10
Chum Bucket Supreme: 8/10
Single Cell Anniversary: 6/10
Truth or Square: 3/10
Pineapple Fever: 1/10

Chum Caverns: 7/10
The Clash Of Triton: 2/10

This season...is just, just...AWFUL! Season 7 may be the worst in general, but this one ain't off the hook! The list already speaks a lot; two good episodes, a few scattered "meh" episodes, and the rest are godawful. Squidward torture porns, rancid morals, undeveloping already well established characters; it has everything. I hate it. 

Best: Sand Castles in the Sand, no further questions asked.

Worst: Toss up between Boating Buddies and Penny Foolish, for killing off any likability in Spongebob and Mr. Krabs. 
Edited by PatBack