• Advertisement

035b. Band Geeks

70s

Its not an awesome episode, but I think its still a great one. At one point I was tired how everyone liked it only for the song, but like I just said I think its a great episode!

Can everyone please stop blaming the song for why people like this episode? The song is not the only reason why this episode is good. Squidward finally wins, and it was funny as hell.

Finally someone says it. Seriously guys... icon_rolleyes.gif

Like, how can you not laugh at the flag twirler's deaths?

• Like 1

Band Geeks - A+

I loved this episode. There's not anything wrong with it, although I would've LOVED for it to be longer (I don't know how they would've done that, though, without making it a special). The plot is so great, and Squidward finally winning was so awesome to see. I think the way they did "Day One" "Day Two" and so on, separating it into days, added some sort of extra elements to it. I was glad that SpongeBob didn't play a very prominent role in the episode, because it allowed for more focus on Squidward. Every single scene had at least one joke (although most had many) that made my laugh my freaking *** off. All that being said, I do think this is a tad overrated. Not that it's not an amazing episode, although I feel it's focused on more than other Season 2 episodes that are of equal quality.

Overrated, but on my top 10 (It's #8). Great plot, with lots of funny humor. Anyways, Sweet Victory is what's overrated here. It's why everyone loves this episode so much. I love this episode for it's humor, but partly for the song.

This episode is pretty good, but it gets a little too much praise. I don't know, some parts I don't even think are funny, like "Is mayonnaise an instrument?" But other than that, this episode had lots of funny parts, like at the beginning with the "dying animal" and when Sandy beats up Patrick and stuffs him in a trombone. But let's not forget "Sweet Victory" one of my all-time favorite SpongeBob moments. To sum it all up, I love this episode, but it's a teensy-weensy bit overrated.

Final score: 9/10

Every SpongeBob fan is familiar with this episode in some way, whether it's from watching it or hearing other SpongeBob fans gush about it or watching any of the millions of YouTube videos that sync clips from this episode to the latest pop hit. And this episode deserves its fame. It brought all of the main characters together (along with some minor ones like Mrs. Puff and Larry) and allowed them to play off each other while working toward a common goal. Many of the interactions, like Patrick's and Sandy's, and Mr. Krab's and Harold's ("Big, meaty claws!"), were comically contentious. Then, of course, there was the big musical number at the end of the episode and the freeze-frame that represented Squidward's ultimate triumph, his sweet victory, if you will, better than anything else.

My favorite episode! The beginning with the doctor makes me laugh over and over again.  :D The days are filled with gags and very entertaining. The song "Sweet Victory" is very beautiful.

10/10 points for the episode and also for the firemen! 

This episode is my favorite episode. It is the best s2 episode and the best episode of the show. The begin to the end was golden. Patrick was so funny in this episode.. Plankton and his ways. Krabs and Sandy have there moments. SB was nice and Squidward was the real man! Squidward is what made this episode. The ending song also wanted me to kiss the screen.

Best moment - Song

Best character - Squidward

10/10

Funny parts: Veterinarian: "I understand you have a DYING animal on the premises!" Squilliam: "Sounds like you have a DYING animal on the premises!" Patrick: "Is mayonnaise an instrument?" Squidward: "No, Patrick. Mayonnaise is NOT an instrument! (Patrick raises his hand again) Horseradish is NOT an instrument, either!" (Plankton's EXTREMELY short but still LONG harmonica solo.) Squidward: "Too bad THAT didn't KILL me!" Random fish: "Yeah! For the FIREMAN!" Squidward: "That's his EAGER face!" / And the ending=Epic WIN!!!! :kicking: Final score: 44,444,444,444,400 out of 10!  o.o Yes, it's THAT good!  B) Enough said!  ;)