• Advertisement

Ohio County Sues Groundhog for Failed Prediction

Jinjo

The news just keeps getting weirder and weirder: Apparently a man from Butler County, Ohio, is suing a groundhog for a false prediction of when spring is coming.

Where is spring? Sure, the calendar says it is spring, but you wouldn’t know it by the weather lately. And Western New York isn’t the only place that is stuck in the winter weather pattern. Some areas are taking their anger out on an age old predictor for failing fraud!

Because Punxsutawney Phil did NOT see his shadow, the prediction is that we will enjoy an early spring. That clearly hasn’t happened. And now it has gotten Phil into legal trouble…

An Ohio county has issued an “indictment” against Punxsutawney Phil over his Groundhog Day prediction.

I love the snow, but I have to admit that I am even ready for the warmer weather to arrive and get the spring fun started. It seems that people are not in as good a mood these days, and I think the weather had a lot to do with that. From seasonal affect disorder (SAD) to depression, the dark days and cold temperatures have got people down and certainly doesn’t do much for motivation.

But taking it to the level of a lawsuit against an animal?? They may be a bit extreme. However, it does open the food for future lawsuits against forecasters. Imagine if you had a big event planned, and the weather man called for sunny skies…and the day of the event, it rained!! True, Mother Nature is unpredictable, but in a world where people sue fast food joints for getting them fat, anything is possible!

Sources:

http://wyrk.com/coun...oed-prediction/

http://www.thehollyw...arly-spring-pr/

• Like 3

He got the prediction wrong?! THIS IS UNACCEPTABBBBBLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Only because you asked for it.

Seriously though, this news story made me laugh. I'm gonna go sue Cupid for leaving me alone on Valentine's Day.

• Like 1