• Advertisement

SBC Park (Made in RollerCoaster Tycoon 2)

box

Yes, a park themed after this forum made in a game nobody here really seems to care about? But alas, I decided to try this last summer, and after losing RCT2, the idea fell into oblivion.

But it has risen again, since.. well, I have the game again, and I have some freetime. The park is in four themed sections, each named after a team on the Community. The sections are:

- Goofy Goobers' Tropic Paradise (Tropical/Water/Mine/Pirate)

- Spy Buddies' Mechanical Studio (Mechanical/Abstract)

- Jellyfish Hunter's Mystic Mountain (Normal/Water/Mine)

- Karate Choppers' Hidden Dojo (Normal/Jungle/Pagoda/Mine)

Each section will have one roller coaster. The coasters are -

Spy Buddies' Action Adventure (Completed, steel coaster)

Goofy Goobers' H20 Party Boat (Incompleted, water coaster)

Jellyfish Hunters' No Name Hunt (Incompleted, coaster type to be determined)

Karate Choppers' Fists O' Fury (Incompleted, wooden coaster)

UPDATES:

qPk9IG6.png

Spy Buddies' Action Adventure. The game doesn't show 's for some reason. For such an novice coaster builder, this is actually quite decent for my standards.

The basic premise for this ride is that you go on a action mission with the Spy Buddies, and you go through helixes and a loop while trying to escape flaming power

plants lit up by the evil Dr. Whaleblubber. Cliche, yes, but it turned out to succeed quite well. The rest of Mechanical Studio is being developed quite well, but I don't

think it's finished quite yet. (3/18/13)

• Like 7

UPDATE: (3/18/13)

Some build your own Six Flags map goodness.

So, amazingly, tonight I was able to finish up some touches on the Spy Buddies' Mechanical Studio and after minutes of excruciating pain of converting .bmp to .png, it is here. Enjoy.

kB3Ydfq.png

Hilariously, while I was testing Action Adventure, the thing went and crashed as soon as it got back to the station. I'm questioning the manufacturer.

QjAs3nI.png

One of the current entryways into the studio, still have some touches I want to put in, but finished enough for me to show. Includes an info kiosk (sells umbrellas and maps, a godsend to the park)

and Arcade Cars, a sort of technology-themed bumper cars thing. I should've themed it better than I did.

4jDYebF.png

In this screenshot are another info kiosk, our first new ride, JJS's Twister (I dunno what I was doing with theming on this one, so it's a generic Enterprise thrill ride),

and the Spy Buddies' Food and Apparel marketplace. Items for sale are burgers, pizza, lemonade, and for apparel, hats, souvenirs, and balloons. It was a pain building around them.

ZueoEb3.png

I figured a high-tech cinema would be a neat little touch to the factories, so I put in a cinema. Named after SBC movie enthusiast Clapmaster. Plus some old gear-y warehouses,

and CNF's Series Launcher, a freefall tower ride which provides a look of the entire park (or at least the factory area, right now).

KOdYmWJ.png

Last but not least, we have JCM's Snarky Go Karts, a go kart track which despite it's name, is full of it's own chills and thrills. The chills mostly being provided by the

hidden Grim Reaper staring at riders in the background.

EGIsFmZ.png

The current park, plus the Arcade Cars window for some reason.

===================================================

Tomorrow, I think a update to the park might be in order. I'm not quite sure what to do about the other parks (I'll probably do Goofy Goobers next), so I'll do an entrance while I'm concepting

things out for the Tropic Paradise section. Toodles.

• Like 2

UPDATE - 3/21/13

Progress on the entrance has been finally made! When proposing a theme for the entrance, I plain out thought that since it's the entrance to the park, it might as darn be as SpongeBob as it can be.

And so I dubbed it "SpongeBob Central!" A bit of progress will have to be made, but it's done for the most part.

qaxuHty.png

The entrance of the park leads into a floral centerpiece, which has base blocks spelling "SBC" in the primary colors with yellow flowers underwards spelling "park".

Also included in the screenshot is the sneak peek of the SBC Navigator (which will also show up in more screenshots). I plan it to be a transportation system to the park, let's say

a guest entered the park and wanted to go to the Mystic Mountain section, but didn't want to take the walk to get there. He could use the Navigator to breeze through it to the

Mountain, and afterwards, when done, he could zip right back to the entrance. (OK, it's not that fast, but still. :P.)

ZH22FDu.png

Moving on to the main SpongeBob central. This area was designed to be like a little mini Bikini Bottom, with homes and restaraunts and was designed to be the "hangout" place

of SBC Park. In the screenshot is; Mrs. Puff's Test Course. This is yet another Go Karts track which is designed in the vein of the Boating School from the show itself. Designing

the lighthouse was quite a pain. Also, we have Mr. Krabs' and Mama Krabs' homes right next to each other (This actually took a while to design; RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 doesn't

have many curved figures to build with) You can also see Mrs. Puff's small adobe in the distance and the park's big water feature. I wanted a water feature to design and go with

the park and be kind of the big centerpiece like how Disneyland has the castle in their Magic Kingdoms; or how Universal Studios has the large 3D Universal logo on a big lake.

I kind of went in the vein of Universal's lake but without the globe - instead, it's just a water-filled feature which I hope the peeps won't jump into for penny pinching.

1UjlRLA.png

Next, we have the two main restaurants themselves; the famous Krusty Krab and the infamous Chum Bucket. Designing these two were quite a challenge - Chum Bucket's fist-on-the-gray bar thing

on it's roof is hard to design, thus, we have the gray/purple base block orgy combo we have today. That, and I think it looks bigger than it should. Oh, well. As for the Krusty Krab, it actually wasn't too

bad minus the sign implementation. I wish I could've designed the stick-holding-up-the shell logo better.

f02fvHE.png

Time for Conch Street! I hesitated on doing this, as the shapes of the homes in SpongeBob SquarePants are very rounded; RCT2, apologies for my redundancy, but it just does not have

enough rounded features. First, we have Sandy's treedome - It's actually, IMO, the worst thing in the Central - There are no rounded "abstract" walls - so it turned out to be a mess. Plus,

there wasn't even enough room for the oak tree in the dome. So, i just put a bunch of smaller green trees in it. I wish I could do better.

We also have SpongeBob's pineapple - Another thing I didn't want to do because it always came out too big and bland for me. I downsized it and it turned out to be nice scenery.

Squidward's Easter Island statue home was also a pain. But I managed to incorporate that.

And Patrick's rock was also easy. Just some terrain changes here and there. Also, we have the second ride in the Central, and not the last - the Conch Street Carousel. It's your common

every-day merry-go-round. And it plays old fair organ music! A win-win for everyone. Except for the intensity-seekers. Those'll have to take the Navigator.

=================================================

TEASER FOR THE NEXT SpongeBob Central! ATTRACTION

Sea_needle.JPG

• Like 1

SdoKLcM.png

The Mini-Sea Needle (Double-Deck Observation Tower)

Ignore the Box's Cubed River popup box in the image. Please. Thank you.

The Mini Sea Needle is a really downsized version of the Sea Needle from SpongeBob. Now being the tallest thing in the park, (Series Launcher has some competition) TMSN is a observation tower which rises slowly through a small version of the Space Needle (Very tedious to build, so I was content on shortening it greatly) and rises to it's highest point, where the entire park can be viewed. It rises to 160 ft compared to CNF's Series Launcher's 140 ft. Even more amazing is the stats. It has 6.03 in Excitement, 0.00 in Intensity, and 0.20 something in Nausea. It's probably one of my favorite rides in the park so far because of this.

NEXT POST LATER TONIGHT -

Goofy Goober's Tropic Paradise is finished! Get ready to see it before your hands...

H20 Party Boat - A water coaster splashing through the entire Tropic Paradise..

Box's Cubed River, Steel's Jolly Roger, Swagzuna Wheel/Nuggets Haunted House (by request?)......