• Advertisement

184a. Jailbreak!

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• 5/5 Stars: We've busted out of jail!!
    • 4/5 Stars: Alright boys, follow this plan closely..
    • 3/5 Stars: Well..no wonder why you guys are still in jail.
    • 2/5 Stars: Do you guys know how to read a plan?!
    • 1/5 Stars: You're gonna be in here for a long time, pal.

A very enjoyable and inventive episode. It was interesting to know other uses for chum, and how Plankton was barking at the wrong tree for all this time. :lol: It was also nice to have another whale in the show, besides Pearl, and the humor was very consistent. My only nitpick here is, again, the pacing, but I'm starting to get more used to it now. Great episode. 9.5/10

300px-S09E06A-Jailbreak%21-Titlecard.jpg
=========== Jailbreak! =================
Writers - Marc Ceccerelli, Luke Brookshier, Mr. Lawerence
Prod. Code - 184a
Season 9
Rating - ★★★★ (9.0/10)
=====================================
OH MY GOD YES A GREAT SEASON 9 EPISODE.

So, yeah, Jailbreak! I heard the concept a while ago, and thought it actually sounded really neat. We actually haven't seen much of Plankton at jail. There was Krabby Road, but he escaped relatively quickly, and since most of the episode involved him sneaking out to steal the formula under the guise of a band member with his fellow crew, that didn't really count. And finally, here we are, a jail episode involving Plankton!

I have to say, my expectations were low for this episode for a bit after seeing the abominations of Squid Defense and Little Yellow Book. Then, I saw Evil Spatula via YouTube and I was impressed (review on that yet to come). So my hopes raised a little. And, what's a Season 9 SpongeBob premiere without an incredibly long morning marathon? Yes, once more, we have a marathon with the incredibly simple title of "SpongeBob Saves The Day" with what is the most incredibly grating commercial narrator I've ever heard. Predictably, a lot of the Mermaid Man episodes were shown here, along with some other stuff. But, there wasn't much else to speak of, except the morning premiere. So how did it fare?

Well, for some reason, Plankton's in jail! I guess the Mental Institution for the Criminally Tiny was full. Worth bringing up, SpongeBob has a new weekend job as a jail guard. Later, at Plankton's jail breakfast/lunch thing, the local criminals get into the fight. But, the tiny zoo plankton breaks things up and makes a speech about how they're going to break out of the jail - the local inmates listen, as they respect.. Plankton.. for some reason, unlike anyone else in this show. At inmate recess, the group plan about how they're going to escape the prison, where Plankton finds that his chum is a favorite among criminals, not for it's food contents, but for it's use in criminal activity. So, after a humorous creating-chum session, the inmates successfully escape jail and make it to the Krusty Krab, where Plankton will enact his plan to steal the formula. But, SpongeBob has told Krabs about Plankton's activity, and so they prepare for the attack. However, Plankton and his buddies manage to get the safe, where the cops are waiting for them. It's not all win-win, though, as the Krusty Krab falls into oblivion. Oh well.

As for the episode, very funny (the blockade and such made me chuckle), the plot was predictable but the concept was nice, the execution was surprisingly good, I can't really say there was anything bad
at all minus the predictable plot. Short review, I know, but I'm tired. Very tired.

Rating - ★★★★ (9.0/10)

This episode was great! I liked the whale character and I found it quite funny that the criminal's horrifying face was the face of Squidward. lol! Loved it.it didn't sound like that good a plot but it was actually amazing!

I thought it was a really good episode. Never thought a Plankton in Jail episode could be quite good. I really liked the whale inmate and Plankton being the top inmate in jail. I also can't remember the last time the french narrator was in a recent episode. I also like that SpongeBob is always one step ahead of Plankton and his evil schemes. He's definitely a lot smarter than he looks.

Loved the episode because it was pretty cool. The way they get out of prison is funny, and I love the police's entrance at the end (Even if I hate them, it was so cool). There were a couple problems: First off, I still don't get why Spongebob was working at the jail. Yes, I know Eugene told him too, but it just comes out of nowhere and it seems to just serve as a way to get the resolution solved. Second, when Plankton gets rearrested, why doesn't anyone do something? The other prisoners just vanish. Did they run off? Did they get arrested? I don't know, but I wish I did.

7.5/10

This episode was decent and It has funny moments. Not one of my favorite episodes and It's not perfect as I expected because I got bored a little and the ending was rushed. I liked "Evil Spatula" more than this episode but this episode was better than "Little Yellow Book" 8/10

Good episode. Very bad ending. The writers could have made it far more epic than this. The police hiding in the safe? That's the twist ending? Not very original, just like the Krusty Krab collapsing. Other than that this was a good piece of originality and funny jokes/characters. Final rate: 8/10.

The episode was not so good. The jailbreak was boring, also a bit too long. The chum was disgusting, the face looked really bad. And that with Squidward was not funny.  :l The scene in the cafeteria was also unnecessary.

But there were also good stuff: Karen's appearance and Mr. Krabs as an artist were great. The police in the safe was a good idea, something like this I had not expected.

6.5/10

Here we go again with yet another episode that doesn't have much to offer. Jailbreak! is rather run-of-the-mill episode from Season 9a, and while it is an interesting setup (save a few times before, Plankton is rarely shown in jail), there's not much to offer here. It's interesting to see that Plankton apparently has a criminal following in Bikini Bottom and that chum has more uses than just being inedible... even if they did sort of pull that out of thin air at one point. Had there been more jokes or substance (as this episode sort of drags along at times), there'd be more to talk about and this episode might have been pretty good, but unfortunately, there's not much to offer here other than lacklustre writing and the fact that it just... exists.
FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)