• Advertisement

184a. Jailbreak!

Jinjo

Episode Rating?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think?

• 5/5 Stars: We've busted out of jail!!
    • 4/5 Stars: Alright boys, follow this plan closely..
    • 3/5 Stars: Well..no wonder why you guys are still in jail.
    • 2/5 Stars: Do you guys know how to read a plan?!
    • 1/5 Stars: You're gonna be in here for a long time, pal.

"Plankton tries to escape from prison"? It's called walking between the bars because you're less than an inch in size.

Yes, they are running out of ideas

S09E06A-Jailbreak%21-Titlecard.jpg

* Written by: Marc Ceccarrelli, Luke Brookshier, and Mr. Lawrence

* So Plankton is in jail..but why? Reminds me of Krabby Road so far.

* Also, I think this is the first time we've heard the French Narrator in a while, along with seeing the Bikini Bottom Jail.

* Oh and before people ask where Spot is again, keep in mind this is 184a, and Plankton's Pet is 186b, so this takes place before Plankton's Pet as well.

* Lol, a training baton.

* Lol at the images on Karen's computer screen. I like how they have been giving her face more details lately.

* "I'm not even sure what that is"

* One of the prisoners looks like an undersea crocodile.

* Poor Plankton getting eaten...or not.

* So Plankton is the most evil genius in Bikini Bottom?

* Plankton has fans, eh?

* Did anybody notice the whale prisoner? I wonder if it is a cousin or relative of Pearl's..

* It's too bad they didn't have some MermaidMan and BarnacleBoy villains in the jail like Man Ray, it'd be nice to have them to team up again.

* Also, this is the first time in a while they've used Plankton's full name.

* Chum makes a great disguise?

* LOL at the "hideous monster" being Squidward's face

* I also like how different some of the fish designs look so far.

* I lol'd at the purple fish fainting.

* Recipe to make Chum: Mix a sock, a banana peel, some trash, and a used tissue into a toilet, flush it, and you get chum. So that's the recipe for chum, revealed at last.

* Lol at Mr. Krab's money painting.

* Poor fainted guard.

* Poor Plankton, the bomb exploded on him.

* Run run run! Jump jump jump!

* Lol, a wall of living guards.

* Also, SpongeBob's guard outfit looks pretty cool.

* Of course use the whale prisoner as a battering ram.

* Can't find the formula? Oh never mind, they didn't look in the safe..stupid prisoners.

* What the heck? How did the cops get in the safe??

* Well, good thinking SpongeBob.

* Lol, "I"m a winner". How many times has the Krusty Krab been destroyed lately?

* Good episode. Despite some odd gross-out humor and the slightly weak ending, it was pretty good. We still don't know how Plankton ended up in jail though. :P

Grade: B+

Fantastical! I actually laughed at this episode, and I haven't actually laughed at SpongeBob in a long time. It was an effective parody of Jailbreak movies too. Loved this one.

Da Good

-The plot is just so great- Elaborating on a touched on point in the show (Plankton going to jail) is awesome.

-"Dem's my beans."

-Plankton being the big man in the jail was cool too.

-The sequence with everyone using chum to commit crimes was great.

-*fish puts chum on his face as a mask, enters store to rob it*

Cashier: AHH! Here, take all my money so I don't have to look at your hideous features!

*camera shows that the robber looks just like Squidward*

OH MY GOD I was laughing so hard at that.

-I love movies like Shawshank Redemption, so this was right up my alley.

-"RUNRUNRUNRUNRUNRUN"

-The cops forming a blockade was hilarious.

-Soap-Chum Grenade? Aaawesome.

-The sequence where they made the chum was funny too.

-Ending didn't feel too cheap either. And the prison characters were amazing, I loved them.

-French narrator YES

Da Bad

-Not much. There was one scene where Plankton got hit in the mouth with something sharp, seemed a little extreme, but otherwise, I liked the episode a lot.

A, 9/10, probably right on par with Plankton's Pet. Luke Brookshier, Marc Ceccarelli, and Mr. Lawrence need to just write forever.

• Like 4

nice episode! very creative and fantastic plot. wish it focused more on them trying to stal the formula but it worked well! the prisoners were very funny and the squidward mask cracked me up! spongebob was very smart thinker in this episode with the cops. i have to say after this i respect the cops on this show even more. everyone got their funny lines and i think the cops were my fav this episode. though not the best season 9 episode this is one of the strong ones though.

Perfect! Mostly.

The plot seemed like it would be a little repetitive, with the jailbreak, but it turned out to have a lot of good moments and humor.

First, Spongebob being a Prison Guard on the Weekends. Now THAT, is just plain awesome. Don't deny.

I liked getting a good peek inside the Bikini Bottom Jail.

Next, Plankton being a crime boss. Holy patty, that was a good idea. I bet if he ever wanted too he could start a mafia.

It did bring up a question for me though, why is Plankton allowed to still own the Chum Bucket even though he has the biggest criminal record in Bikini Bottom? Eh, not a biggie.

Right before the big twist with the safe at the end, I was wondering if he'd get it. It pulled it off that well.

I also liked the prisoners themselves and I think someone needs to write a Spinoff detailing their crimes, their lives, etc.

Grade: A, 95%

• Like 2

Aquatic was right, not saying an episode beforehand is great or bad really changes your view on it while watching it. Gotta say the narrator's voice was kinda deep IMO. Whooah, Plankton is respected by other prison mates? It's like the dream he always wanted in Plankton's Army! I never thought the episode would go this way. At first I thought the respect they had for Plankton was just random but boy was I wrong. What a great set up with the whole chum helps them idea. It's nice to see new characters and I'm glad to see the cops from Doing Time there in the beginning. The toilet chum reminded me of how Mojo Jo Jo created the RowdyPuff Boys. The Karen bit was funny too. I like how Dennis from The Sponge Who Could Fly was again of the prision mates too. Like Hayden said maybe they should explained how he got in jail, but they didn't either in Krabby Road so it's fine. The ending wasn't that bad either. Okay the recipe for chum being revealed was just AWESOME! Why can't Plankton just sell chum to the criminals? Maybe because they wouldn't pay? But they do have respect for Plankton so maybe they would. Overall 9.6/10 Also jjs I think the criminal was actually an eel and not a crocodile. :)

Loved it! I can't really say anything bad about this episode. I actually laughed quite a few times. Gotta say, season 9 is going pretty good so far. I thought this episode was gonna be bad at first, but I was wrong.

My favorite part was when Plankton was inside the prisoner's mouth and the others beat that guy up 'cause they thought that he was claiming to be Plankton, even though his mouth clearly wasn't moving. I also liked that part when the guards got all stuck together trying to patch up that hole in the wall so the prisoners couldn't escape. I found it kinda weird though when that one criminal's face turned into Squidward. Also, how could that many police officers fit into that tiny safe? ohmy.png

My overall rating: 9/10.