• Advertisement

184b. Evil Spatula

Jjs Goodman

Episode Rating?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. What did you think of the episode?

• 5/5 Stars: This spatula is the best spatula ever!
    • 4/5 Stars: Can this spatula really replace Spat?
    • 3/5 Stars: Is this spatula...eeevil?!
    • 2/5 Stars: Burn patties burn!
    • 1/5 Stars: EVIL!! EEEVIL EEVIL EEVIL!

This was a really fun episode in my opinion. Although it did have a sense of familiarity, I enjoyed it for what it was and I found myself interested in discovering how it would turn out. The story came naturally and I didn't feel that it was rushed in any way. There were some great sight gags and nice little touches throughout the episode (I liked Plankton's squeaky voice whilst talking as the spatula, the design of said spatula was great, the ending and how it linked to the the opening was also pretty clever).

I doubt it will remain one of my favorites of the season and, as Aquatic Nuggets mentioned above, I believe this episode will become of default quality for the rest of season nine which, in my opinion, is absolutely fantastic if true...

On a side note; I think it really helps going into these episodes with no expectations whatsoever. I've done it for every episode that has aired this year and I find myself enjoying them a lot more than most users tend to do.

• Like 1

I thought the episode was pretty good it kept me interested. But I do feel like it wasn't that funny as Dylan said earlier. I thought it was a good idea having Plankton voice the spatula rather it just randomly be alive itself. Of course the ending was predictable, but what else would you expect in a Plankton episode? From what I remember from watching it last night it was good, not one of my favorites but still fine.

6.5/10

Better than the sister episode. Nice opening scene with the fax machine and with the dirty money. The scene at the spatula emporium was good. That SpongeBob goes the wrong way, I know somewhere, but I still had to smile. The scene with Gary's litterbox was the best one in the episode.  :D

Mr. Krabs was a little bit strangely. SpongeBob has spoken in previous episodes with his spatula, why not now?

8.5/10

• Like 1

Better than the sister episode. Nice opening scene with the fax machine and with the dirty money. The scene at the spatula emporium was good. That SpongeBob goes the wrong way, I know somewhere, but I still had to smile. The scene with Gary's litterbox was the best one in the episode.  :D

Mr. Krabs was a little bit strangely. SpongeBob has spoken in previous episodes with his spatula, why not now?

8.5/10

It all depends on 'which' continuity is being followed, or where the episode falls into overall chronological continuity in "Spongebob Squarepants" (if it even has one.) From a writer's viewpoint, this episode could 'conceivably' come before any OTHER time Spongebob has spoken to his spatula, or maybe Mr. Krabs just never noticed before. In any case, now that I've seen the second "Spongebob" movie, it makes me wonder IF there are going to be any more plots like this...I mean, with Plankton and the Krabby Patty formula. I mean, the animators have already gone through a HUGE different amount of ways to portray the Plankton and the Krabby Patty formula schemes, but that can only be played up SO many times before it either grows stale, or they run out of ideas. Still, I'd probably give this episode a 9.5/10.