• Advertisement

The TV.com/SBC Nostalgia Thread

SpongeOddFan

I remember when I got suspended once for revealing personal info on my blog. The blog post that got reported was just me mentioning I had hiccups while at Home Depot, and apparently that was enough for a suspension. I don't know either, so don't ask. :P

and also termi's review of MermaidMan: The Brave and The Bold 

I remember when I got suspended once for revealing personal info on my blog. The blog post that got reported was just me mentioning I had hiccups while at Home Depot, and apparently that was enough for a suspension. I don't know either, so don't ask. :P

and also termi's review of MermaidMan: The Brave and The Bold 

wait, really?

wait, really?

Like I said, I don't know why either. I guess they had something against Home Depot.

Ah yes. My best moment.

Lol, I actually still have the rant. I still read it out of boredom sometimes here and there to help me with my current spin-offs/lits. Now you can re-live your best moment:

Spoiler

Mermaid Man: The Brave and The Bold (so far): A...

Don't get too happy-go-lucky. A means "All of the above." What is "above" you ask? Well, I couldn't decide on what grade to give this show, so, here is everything that is "above." *takes in deep breath* T for Terrible, S for Snore Fest, H for Hand me the Barf Bag, F for Fail, and P for Phail. *exhales* Starting to get the picture? Look, I see (some) potential left in this show, but with the route you're taking it, it won't reach it's potential at all. Season 3, while my characters are included, is, as bob_ball said, dull. Leave the "crossovers" and "holiday episodes" in the dust, and focus on the actual plot of the show. Now, on to the actual episodes. You're writing style is... different, to say the least. You put WAY, and I mean, WAAAAAAAAY too many smilies per episode, and don't criticize me for putting them in my episodes, I put one, two at most, and not even in every episode. If you "lol.gif" at you're own jokes, that makes you seem (no offense intended) very stupid, unless they're actually funny, which, truth be told, they are not. You also have the "Area Debut" thing at the end of each episode if a new town/city/building was visited. Now, I don't mind this, but if you're going to do this, at least make the locations reappear in future episodes, or have Mermaid Man remember something that happened there (for example, have a villain do something in one area and have him seemingly do nothing, then a few episodes later, have that villain or his sidekick appear in a different area, and have Mermaid Man remember the thing that happened in the first area, if that makes sense.) Another thing, it's either the BIGGEST coincidence, or you're basically copying me. I did Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: Unite! you do Mermaid Man: The Brave and The Bold. Both Mermaid Man based spin-offs. I do SpongeCraft, you do Patrick's Mansion. Both video game based spin-offs. I swear to God, if your next spin-off involves a minor characters past (WHICH, I might add, ALMOST happened) I'm going to go insane, because you need to think of your own ideas (only the Gary one and Fred's Roadtrip were original, since Scooter's Paradise was basically Patrick's Paradise -.-) Hm.... I feel like I need to say something else.... Oh yea. As I stated before, you do crossovers/specials too often, not sure if I told you this or not, but DON'T HAVE CROSSOVERS UNLESS THEY ADVANCE THE PLOT! Having meaningless crossovers is pointless, sure, one or two would be fine, but seriously, none of yours advance whatever type of plot you have at all. On to the characters... Gee, I've read your spin-offs, I really have, and, to be completely honest, your created characters have little to no personality dimension at all. Take notes from my spin-offs, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: Unite! and SpongeCraft. If you took the time to read those, my absolute favorite characters I've EVER used were Jack and Alvin, simply because of the directions I took with them. Jack acts nice at first, gains your trust, and strikes when the time is right. Alvin was this lonely little elf boy who was too scared to do anything, and look what happened with him during Season 3. And I'm not trying to sound concieted, Jack and Alvin are easy to take notes from (and they were the first two characteres to pop into my head...) Ok, so, I covered most of the basics, now, this next one isn't extreme, but it annoys the living tartar sauce out of me. SPELL HERO RIGHT DAMMIT!!!!! NO E!!!!!!! I'm an f'ing grammar nazi, the ONE thing I can't stand is when people don't use correct grammar or spelling, which is part of the reason this show annoys me. Last thing I wanted to mention, remember how you had Water Guy disappear into mist? Yea. Not gonna cut it. I thought this was an action show, dude. "Vanishing into mist" doesn't cut it in action. Make someone die for crying out loud, or at least end up in the Hospital from serious injuries or something.

This whole review may sound like a rant, mostly because, it is. I'm tired of you acting like you're on your high horse or something, when truthfully, you aren't.

:P

• Like 2

Lol, I actually still have the rant. I still read it out of boredom sometimes here and there to help me with my current spin-offs/lits. Now you can re-live your best moment:

Spoiler

Mermaid Man: The Brave and The Bold (so far): A...

Don't get too happy-go-lucky. A means "All of the above." What is "above" you ask? Well, I couldn't decide on what grade to give this show, so, here is everything that is "above." *takes in deep breath* T for Terrible, S for Snore Fest, H for Hand me the Barf Bag, F for Fail, and P for Phail. *exhales* Starting to get the picture? Look, I see (some) potential left in this show, but with the route you're taking it, it won't reach it's potential at all. Season 3, while my characters are included, is, as bob_ball said, dull. Leave the "crossovers" and "holiday episodes" in the dust, and focus on the actual plot of the show. Now, on to the actual episodes. You're writing style is... different, to say the least. You put WAY, and I mean, WAAAAAAAAY too many smilies per episode, and don't criticize me for putting them in my episodes, I put one, two at most, and not even in every episode. If you "lol.gif" at you're own jokes, that makes you seem (no offense intended) very stupid, unless they're actually funny, which, truth be told, they are not. You also have the "Area Debut" thing at the end of each episode if a new town/city/building was visited. Now, I don't mind this, but if you're going to do this, at least make the locations reappear in future episodes, or have Mermaid Man remember something that happened there (for example, have a villain do something in one area and have him seemingly do nothing, then a few episodes later, have that villain or his sidekick appear in a different area, and have Mermaid Man remember the thing that happened in the first area, if that makes sense.) Another thing, it's either the BIGGEST coincidence, or you're basically copying me. I did Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: Unite! you do Mermaid Man: The Brave and The Bold. Both Mermaid Man based spin-offs. I do SpongeCraft, you do Patrick's Mansion. Both video game based spin-offs. I swear to God, if your next spin-off involves a minor characters past (WHICH, I might add, ALMOST happened) I'm going to go insane, because you need to think of your own ideas (only the Gary one and Fred's Roadtrip were original, since Scooter's Paradise was basically Patrick's Paradise -.-) Hm.... I feel like I need to say something else.... Oh yea. As I stated before, you do crossovers/specials too often, not sure if I told you this or not, but DON'T HAVE CROSSOVERS UNLESS THEY ADVANCE THE PLOT! Having meaningless crossovers is pointless, sure, one or two would be fine, but seriously, none of yours advance whatever type of plot you have at all. On to the characters... Gee, I've read your spin-offs, I really have, and, to be completely honest, your created characters have little to no personality dimension at all. Take notes from my spin-offs, Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy: Unite! and SpongeCraft. If you took the time to read those, my absolute favorite characters I've EVER used were Jack and Alvin, simply because of the directions I took with them. Jack acts nice at first, gains your trust, and strikes when the time is right. Alvin was this lonely little elf boy who was too scared to do anything, and look what happened with him during Season 3. And I'm not trying to sound concieted, Jack and Alvin are easy to take notes from (and they were the first two characteres to pop into my head...) Ok, so, I covered most of the basics, now, this next one isn't extreme, but it annoys the living tartar sauce out of me. SPELL HERO RIGHT DAMMIT!!!!! NO E!!!!!!! I'm an f'ing grammar nazi, the ONE thing I can't stand is when people don't use correct grammar or spelling, which is part of the reason this show annoys me. Last thing I wanted to mention, remember how you had Water Guy disappear into mist? Yea. Not gonna cut it. I thought this was an action show, dude. "Vanishing into mist" doesn't cut it in action. Make someone die for crying out loud, or at least end up in the Hospital from serious injuries or something.

This whole review may sound like a rant, mostly because, it is. I'm tired of you acting like you're on your high horse or something, when truthfully, you aren't.

:P

Oh wow.  I should read this before I have critiques to get myself psyched up.

I used to be a user on TV.com back in 2012. Then I sweared in a review and some pissy moderator permabanned me.

This site sucks. Hard.

I just MIGHT be the only peson who still GOES on that website, mainly because I want to reach level 44 at 44% (because I'm 4EverGreen on that website as well!) And I REFUSE to let myself to be driven away from there! B)

Little does 4EverGreen know that I still adamantly check up on the site myself.

For three things: nostalgia, subpar reviews and continued activity in certain parts of the forums. (ORG's and Pools)

All I know is that I was too defensive of post-movie Spongebob back in my TV.com days. All of my Top 10 episodes were post-movie (to be fair, at the time, I hadn't seen any pre-movie episodes in a while).