• Advertisement

The TV.com/SBC Nostalgia Thread

Princess Peach

What you really mean is I was digging up all those past posts and you decided to make a thread about them. xP

All I gotta say is Webby: "Happy Easter! I love jellybeans!!!! <3"

Oh and that one time SOF said he was debuting new episodes of his talk show at 9:04 pm every Monday.

• Like 3

I don't understand why I see so much hate towards TV.com in the chat.

We have a long history with that site. What happened was that the forums and the community got filled with trolls who threatened us. Plus, the mods and staff of that site took it against us, especially after tv.com was bought by CBS.

• Like 3

We have a long history with that site. What happened was that the forums and the community got filled with trolls who threatened us. Plus, the mods and staff of that site took it against us, especially after tv.com was bought by CBS.

Yeah, big companies tend to ruin popular websites. (See: Disney and Club Penguin, News Corp and MySpace)

• Like 1

There were some mad trolls in that site. I remember one guy reported me because I called him a grammar Nazi. His posts were seriously just fixing people's grammar mistakes.

I actually had fun messing with WB on TV.com until he started reporting everyone's posts. My anger levels.....they rose.

And I remember when I asked everyone what their favorite ice cream flavor was. MINE IS OREO, DUH HUH HUH.

Guest Long Timmy

Were there any changes to the look and feel of the website once it was bought by CBS? Also, I gave the site a try because of all the hate, and it seems pretty okay. What did CBS change, exactly?

Were there any changes to the look and feel of the website once it was bought by CBS? Also, I gave the site a try because of all the hate, and it seems pretty okay. What did CBS change, exactly?

Well, they changed the layout of the site which most people liked and caused a rift within the site, something that didn't happen under CNET. Also they removed blogs which were probably the most popular feature on the website, they're excuse was apparently that they weren't been used which was not true.

Well, they changed the layout of the site which most people liked and caused a rift within the site, something that didn't happen under CNET. Also they removed blogs which were probably the most popular feature on the website, they're excuse was apparently that they weren't been used which was not true.

Weren't they bought by CBS just recently? As far as I'm concerned, the mods turned against us long before that.

Weren't they bought by CBS just recently? As far as I'm concerned, the mods turned against us long before that.

CBs bought out CNET (tv.com's former parent company) back in 08, which pretty much coincided with the mods' douchness levels being turned up to 11 during the Avatar forums' trolling/banning problems at the time.

Guest Long Timmy

Do you have a screenshot of the old layout?