• Advertisement

SBC's Top 50 SpongeBob Episodes!

Wumbo

All right! Here we go.

I think this is a very interesting list. Definitely some surprises for me, hopefully some surprises for you. I'd like to take this moment to thank all the participants once more:

epiclaser9

PatBack

Webby

4EverGreen

chocolatesoup

jjsthekid

Michaelmn

Sauce Mama

Clappy

Cha

and myself. Really, I can't thank myself enough. But seriously, thank you all for participating. This list would not be as great without any of you.

Anyway, let's get to it!

50. "I'll give him 11 minutes."

187835.jpg

Nature Pants - 23 points

1 of 11 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 (4EverGreen).

Nature Pants is an interesting take on what makes SpongeBob tick. As he dreams of being free to roam in the wild, he inadvertently burns to a crisp while working. Dissatisfied with his life, he quits his job and gives away all his possessions to go live with the jellyfish. Unfortunately, living in the wild is not what SpongeBob imagined. He gets stung repeatedly by his "brethren" jellyfish, must subside on disgusting kelp, gets covered in poison sea urchins, and is hunted down by a heartbroken Patrick. Eventually, SpongeBob decides he misses his old life, and wonders why he ever threw it away. He opens the door to his pineapple, and is greeted with a "Welcome Home" party, after which he does us all a favour and puts his pants back on.

• Like 7

Eh, it was okay. Spongebob was sorta out of character though.

BTW, didn't Cha spoil her list on SBM?

How long ago did she post it there? Eh, whatever. It won't spoil too much.

Anyway, two things I forgot to mention:

-The episode right before this one scored 22 points, meaning that everyone's Top 3 made it.

-Curiously, the next 4 (!) entries are all entries that were #3 on one person's list... but didn't even make any others.

How long ago did she post it there? Eh, whatever. It won't spoil too much.

Anyway, two things I forgot to mention:

-The episode right before this one scored 22 points, meaning that everyone's Top 3 made it.

-Curiously, the next 4 (!) entries are all entries that were #3 on one person's list... but didn't even make any others.

Sorry, I didn't know the lists were suppose to be secret. :( Also nice review, this episode is a sure heartwarming one.

I like Nature Pants. I wonder why everyone else doesn't like it? I thought it was a unique look at SpongeBob being Tarzan or whatever.

I thought that scene was deleted

49. "Soap? But... we used to use soap!"

SEtybXBNemJreTQx_o_spongebob-dumped.jpg

Dumped - 23 points

1 of 11 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 (Unlimitedcha)

What would SpongeBob be like if Gary rejected him? Well, it'd turn out something like this episode. Gary leaves SpongeBob for Patrick in this one, leaving SpongeBob to find a new pet. But after Rex runs away, Larry shows attitude, and Jerry... just creeps him out, SpongeBob begs for Gary to come back. Thankfully, the two are reunited after Gary snags the cookie in Patrick's pocket, which is what he wanted all along. And everybody ends up happy.

Well... almost everyone. Poor Patrick.

(Next two coming later today.)

• Like 4

48. "Which one o'you fellers is the real Dirty Dan?"

snapshot20090315213104.jpg

Survival of the Idiots - 23 points

1 of 11 lists. Highest Ranking: #3 (Epiclaser9)

Despite warnings not to disturb, SpongeBob and Patrick enter Sandy's treedome while she's hibernating. After some tomfoolery in the snow, they enter Sandy's tree, where they see her sleeping, and about 20 times larger. When they make too much noise in her room, she gets up and attempts to kill them while sleepwalking, believing them to be "Dirty Dan" and "Pinhead Larry". After the ordeal, Patrick gives her a pair of earmuffs so as not to wake the beast again.

Back outside in the snow, SpongeBob and Patrick argue over which one is Dirty Dan, giving us this gem:

Eventually, the vibrations from their giant snow weaponry knocks the earmuffs off of Sandy, who beats them up and buries them alive.

Eventually, SpongeBob and Patrick need to keep warm to survive. Patrick rips off Sandy's fur for warmth. They are ready for the coldest winter possible, but like clockwork, it warms up and Sandy wakes up. They scramble to open the lock, but it's too late. SpongeBob and Patrick receive their just desserts as they become Sandy's makeshift fur coat.

---

I gotta say, I'm surprised that this didn't make it further. I mean sure, it wasn't on my list either, but I thought this was one of the more highly regarded episodes.

• Like 1