• Advertisement

What's the origin of your username?

HawkbitAlpha

My username? When I was younger, I was signing up for youtube but I didn't know what my username should be. So, I just went by my middle name, Travis and I picked my favorite animal, the platypus and there you go! On YouTube my name was lower-cased and I was too lazy to create a new username for Wikia so I just went with my YouTube one. Wikia automatically upper-cased the T but I still used my Youtube variation. But then I realized it didn't look to we'll in articles and that wasn't really my username so I just go as Travisplatypus now (just like every other site I use).

I was thinking of random SpongeBob characters. I suggested PeggyThePirate, BillyBillyBoBillyBananaFanaFoFilly, and BigFatMeanie until I finally settled on TheOpenWindowManiac.

Back when I was around 15-16, I was really into MLP. Being the selfish edgelord snowflake I was at the time, I decided to create an "edgy" OC, who I gave the most badass name I can think of. I also made him my favorite pony species, the unicorn.

Now I keep it because it's both grown on me and because I think it's hilarious. As for that "edgy" OC, he's mellowed out and has a new name: Cherry Chaser.

For some of you, it's painfully obvious, but for those of you wondering who Wendy is- let me explain:

Wendy the Good Little Witch is the best friend of Casper the Friendly Ghost in the old comic books of the 50s and 60s. She's also one of my favorite comic book characters of all time, along with Donald Duck, Uncle Scrooge, and Archie. There's a good number of reasons as to why I like her (I'd elaborate in detail, but I'd rather save that for a blog post, since it could be lengthy), although she's somewhat obscure these days, with nothing ambitious with her being released since 2001. A shame, since she's such an amazing character. Casper and Richie Rich, both from the same company who published Wendy comics are popular, and big new projects with them come out every few years. Why can't they do this with Wendy? The mind boggles. I'll just stop here become this become a huge, overwhelming wall of text.

Edited by Wendy the Witch