• Advertisement

186b. Plankton's Pet

Jinjo

Episode Rating?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Plankton's Pet Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: I've found the perfect pet!
    • 4/5 Stars: Fetch, boy!
    • 3/5 Stars: This pet could be better.
    • 2/5 Stars: Meh..too smelly.
    • 1/5 Stars: Too stupid.

One of the best post season 4 episodes. I rate everything after season 4 on whole different scale because the show is just so vastly different writing wise after season 4. So I give it a 5/5 for this poll.

It's nice to have an episode on Plankton where he's not just trying to steal the formula again and we get to see him really be himself and and get to know his character. And this has to be one of the few times Plankton has a happy ending although I really doubt we'll ever see Spot again. There were a few jokes like the random fish "aweing" at Plankton and Spongebob telling Plankton how he got lost from Gary for 8 minutes, the only lame joke was the man finding his gum he was looking for under his shoe. It just seemed like the easiest cliched joke to make which is a problem of the show nowadays. Otherwise a very good Spongebob episode for something after season 4.

8.9/10

Love this episode! This is a clear sign that Spongebob in general is improving, slowly but surely. Can't wait for that new spongebob episode in july. i heard it's the first episode with stephen hillenburg on it since season 3.

• Like 1

Plankton's Pet is one of the most well-liked episodes from Season 9a, and that goes without saying. While I'd have to say that perhaps some of the love is a bit undeserved, that doesn't keep this episode from being good. Past the funny (IMO) opening, there's Plankton training his amoeba "Spot" (who acts like a dog), which is just a good scene throughout, and there's also the parts where Plankton is looking for Spot, who had gone missing. While showing another side of a character is nice, it can get a bit sappy at times, but it's handled well here. There's quite a bit to say about this episode, but I'll just leave it at how this episode shows that even at this point in the show, there could still be some good episodes hidden among the surrounding mess.

FINAL RATING: 8/10 (GOOD episode)

I can't believe this episode is actually a part of 9A. It completely dwarfs every other 9A episode in terms of its quality, even the few other good ones! Many have already stated why this episode is so great, so I'll just keep it nice and short: It is a very hilarious and cute episode that also feels incredibly unique for a Plankton episode. Definitely in my Top 5 for Season 9, in fact this is the ONLY 9A episode that I'd actually put in the Top 5!

9.1/10