• Advertisement

Wow, just wow, this makes me mad.

E.V.I.L.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2249015/NHS-doctors-forced-work-weekends-time-push-improved-seven-day-week-care.html

That right there sets me off. I know it was two months ago, but STILL. This ignorant dumbass is telling me that a physician, who works 80 hour work weeks (average work week is 40 hours btw), gets called in during night, and has to go through 15 YEARS OF EXTREME TRAINING (not counting the buttload of high-school work, plus other crap that you have to get a jump start one) is now supposed to work weekends and holidays. Why? Because people are sick 24/7. Well, god damnit, crimes happen 24/7, but the police and lawyers aren't staffed on weekends. Kids need help with their school material, but teachers don't help on the weekends. People break their teeth fatally, yet dentists aren't open on the weekends. Why the hell does this happen to physicians? And the funny thing is it is not like the hospital is closed on the weekends. The term "on call" is there for a freaking reason you ignorant Peter as well as the fact that many surgeons and emergency specialties basically sacrifice their lives for these patients. Yet these idiotic people say they do no work for the community, when they barely do anything in our god darn government, or at least less then they should be doing to their standards. I barely get to see my sister nowadays as it is with her having weekends off, why the hell would you make them work weekends. THEY ARE NOT LIVING WORKING MACHINES.

And if any of you read that, thank you. If you guys agree with this dude, I dare you to work 16 hours 7 days a week for the rest of your life. Then agree with this dude. But you all are pretty full of heart, so I doubt you would agree. :):P

Rant over. Discuss?

• Like 1

I have to give my two cents. While it isn't fair, more lives are at stake at hospitals than there are from a toothache disaster, crime(ok people die from that, but not many that I know of), or because kids need help at school. While I agree it isn't fair, neither is life.

If it's for helping people in need I could understand it. I agree that were are deserve some free time when we need it, but many countries do this in the most part for the benefit of their nations since not doing so would slow productivity and economic growth. But of course, exploiting workers to an intense level could be considered as a human right abuse. It depends on what they are basing their work routine.

I have to give my two cents. While it isn't fair, more lives are at stake at hospitals than there are from a toothache disaster, crime(ok people die from that, but not many that I know of), or because kids need help at school. While I agree it isn't fair, neither is life.

Yes but doctors DO work weekends and holidays, just not all of em. It's not fair for them to work all of them when they already HAVE weekend working plans.

That's fine as long as they're compensated fairly (and doctors generally ARE paid 6-figures).

The problem is they are not being compensated for the weekends, it's no pay at all. :P

If it's for helping people in need I could understand it. I agree that were are deserve some free time when we need it, but many countries do this in the most part for the benefit of their nations since not doing so would slow productivity and economic growth. But of course, exploiting workers to an intense level could be considered as a human right abuse. It depends on what they are basing their work routine.

I agree with you, but the problem is that if you overwork someone, they naturallt get tired. I'd imagine after 30 consecutive workdays that the doctor will burn out and start diagnosing the wrong things and accidentally killing someone.... :P