• Advertisement

Cursive vs. Print (poll)

E.V.I.L.

19 members have voted

1. 1. Cursive or Print?

• Cursive
    • Print
    • Neither

When I say cursive, it doesn't have to be overly fancy, but the awkward mix of cursive and print is not cursive nor print, so vote that.

Personally, I prefer cursive because it is a lot faster to write in and is more fun. Maybe when I have to write REALLY neat and I have all the time in the world, I will do print.

You guys?

No matter what they taught me in the 3rd grade, I will never use cursive in life unless it's my signature. Otherwise, I print.

Even your signature is optional cursive; no one's gonna call you out on it as long as it looks moderately similar each time (hell, mine's just a legible "N" and then a bunch of scribbles, my pediatrician's was a check mark, and my roommate just does his initials). Unless you actually prefer using cursive, the only time you will ever need it is when you take the SATs.

I like cursive more because it's prettier, but print is much more convenient and less of a hassle for me. I do however, tend to use cursive in print, but with certain letters.

Also, I think that typing is more of a subcategory of print, unless you have the font on cursive, then it's a subcat of cursive.

Even your signature is optional cursive; no one's gonna call you out on it as long as it looks moderately similar each time (hell, mine's just a legible "N" and then a bunch of scribbles, my pediatrician's was a check mark, and my roommate just does his initials). Unless you actually prefer using cursive, the only time you will ever need it is when you take the SATs.

You use cursive in SAT's? o.o

Cursive, them Dominican teachers sure are strict against printing, so cursive just comes out more natural for me. I print sometimes but I feel it's more of a hassle and feel more like I'm drawing the letters rather than just writing them xP