• Advertisement

SpongeBob History Repeats Itself

Young Nug

Just as it was before the first movie, nearly ten years ago, history is repeating itself. Back around 2004, a lot of the writers for the first three seasons left to write for other shows (most notably Camp Lazlo). And now, it seems as if it's happening again. Dani Michaeli has stated on his Twitter that Season 8 was his last Season of SpongeBob. Derek Iversen said on his FaceBook that he stopped writing in June of this year. ("May 1998-June 2012" he said). Aaron Springer is directing on Gravity Falls now- It's very possible that he's left the show. Sean Charmatz confirmed on his blog he is no longer working on SB and he is at Dreamworks now. Richard Pursel and Steven Banks haven't written an episode in a long while, either.

It appears that a good bit of the writers are leaving the show. This opens up problems for what happens after the new movie. Are we going to have to start from Square (aka Season 4) all over again? After working for Six years to get back to the quality we started out at, are we going to lose all the progress we have made in the show and wait around for a Season to let new writers get used to the show? Will new writers even join the show? It's pretty insane how history is repeating itself with writers leaving before the movie again, though.

What do you guys think?

• Like 5

You bring up very interesting points, and I pray that we don't lose the progress made in Season 8.

However, it appears that Season 9 is already complete, so we're at least guaranteed another full season of (hopefully) continually quality episodes. I don't think the show will flop again; maybe new writers from other shows is exactly what we need to get the show up to Season 2/3 standards?

I certainly hope that won't be the case. Maybe the new writers will be just as good as the old ones. But that's not a very high probability. I guess we'll just have to see how the episodes go in the future and determine for ourselves.

If Rob Renzetti, Vincent Waller, and Tim McKeon can handle working with two shows at once, why can't the others?

a.) What two shows are any of those people working on?

b.) Aaron Springer is the only one that would theoretically even be doing that. Everyone else is confirmed to have left.

I'm not really sure what type of point you're trying to make with that post. :P

a.) What two shows are any of those people working on?

b.) Aaron Springer is the only one that would theoretically even be doing that. Everyone else is confirmed to have left.

I'm not really sure what type of point you're trying to make with that post. :P

Tim McKeon writes for Gravity Falls and Fish Hooks, Rob Renzetti also writes for Gravity Falls as well as My Little Pony, and Vincent Waller is part of the crew for both Phineas and Ferb and Spongebob. I'm just saying that these writers have the capability of being involved with multiple productions, though personal lives can change that, of course.

They would probably hire new writers for a tenth season, but who knows.

Tim McKeon writes for Gravity Falls and Fish Hooks, Rob Renzetti also writes for Gravity Falls as well as My Little Pony, and Vincent Waller is part of the crew for both Phineas and Ferb and Spongebob. I'm just saying that these writers have the capability of being involved with multiple productions, though personal lives can change that, of course.

Rob Renzetti actually left MLP: FIM, he wanted to move on to Gravity Falls after Lauren Faust resigned.

They would probably hire new writers for a tenth season, but who knows.

Rob Renzetti actually left MLP: FIM, he wanted to move on to Gravity Falls after Lauren Faust resigned.

She resigned? Who's continuing the show, then?

Vincent Waller is part of the crew for both Phineas and Ferb and Spongebob.

lies.jpeg

Vincent Waller has never worked on Phineas and Ferb. :P

And maybe Springer left because he wanted a break. Working on a show for 13+ Years warrants that, I suppose.

lies.jpeg

Vincent Waller has never worked on Phineas and Ferb. :P

And maybe Springer left because he wanted a break. Working on a show for 13+ Years warrants that, I suppose.

Aw, nuts, I could've sworn he did. Perhaps I'm thinking of Jay Lender, who used to write for Spongebob.