• Advertisement

Unpopular opinions you have

E.V.I.L.

35 minutes ago, Face said:

SBC needs to move away from Xat to something like Discord. It's so yesterday.

i...kinda agree with this, surprisingly. XAT is a classic (and although i was not on here specifically in 2009-2010 obviously, i would still know. i made my first account there in 2009) but its kinda outdated, especially since it has looked the exact same for all of this time. i would understand if they chose not to move, but if there ever were to be a Discord i would come on more.

• Like 1

I don't think the Emoji Movie will flop. A lot of people on the internet hate it, but that's besides the fact that it's getting all the attention that it can get, even when some people are hyping it up ironically (hint hint jacksfilms). But then again, there might be a silent majority that can make it at least a moderate success in the box office. I think a movie will flop if it's being ignored not by audiences alone but by advertising as well, so with that, I can't really agree with anyone who says "it's gunna flop!1"

Edited by Steel Sponge

Have I ever mentioned it yet that I hate, hate, HATE the term "rip-off?" It should be a given that I barely ever use the term and when I do, I use it when I feel like something is precisely an inferior imitation of a person/place/thing, or when something clearly exists just to copy something. I've even come to realize how much I dislike the term even before I realized how that one YouTuber keeps using that word:

Spoiler

lolvailskibum.thumb.jpg.b9c062bbf33660412b02d32384de3ea5.jpg

Now, I don't discourage anyone for using the term and I don't blame anyone for using it, but I feel like it's safer enough to use the terms "similar," similarities," or "familiar to" in the matter of when I see some things in whatever form of media that looks familiar. Pretty often, I would come across these type of people who will take the plot/characters/style/tone/etc. and then pick it apart for looking familiar to the style or concept of a certain piece of media they they already recognize, and so I feel like they're telling me that they think something is completely unoriginal. This way, I would feel annoyed because I'm the type of guy who believes originality is something that people would work hard for, even despite that it may end up being comparable to an already existing work.

• Like 4

On 7/27/2017 at 3:21 PM, Steel Sponge said:

Have I ever mentioned it yet that I hate, hate, HATE the term "rip-off?" It should be a given that I barely ever use the term and when I do, I use it when I feel like something is precisely an inferior imitation of a person/place/thing, or when something clearly exists just to copy something. I've even come to realize how much I dislike the term even before I realized how that one YouTuber keeps using that word:

Reveal hidden contents

lolvailskibum.thumb.jpg.b9c062bbf33660412b02d32384de3ea5.jpg

Now, I don't discourage anyone for using the term and I don't blame anyone for using it, but I feel like it's safer enough to use the terms "similar," similarities," or "familiar to" in the matter of when I see some things in whatever form of media that looks familiar. Pretty often, I would come across these type of people who will take the plot/characters/style/tone/etc. and then pick it apart for looking familiar to the style or concept of a certain piece of media they they already recognize, and so I feel like they're telling me that they think something is completely unoriginal. This way, I would feel annoyed because I'm the type of guy who believes originality is something that people would work hard for, even despite that it may end up being comparable to an already existing work.

People need to learn the difference between inspiration and rip-off.

• Like 1

I've been watching the second season of Tokyo Ghoul and I've actually been enjoying it quite a bit. (For those who don't know, people hate the show's second season, or I've just seen very mixed opinions on it.)

Edited by CyanideFishbone

On 7/16/2017 at 10:50 PM, Face said:

SBC needs to move away from Xat to something like Discord. It's so yesterday.

I second that.

1 hour ago, CyanideFishbone said:

I've been watching the second season of Tokyo Ghoul and I've actually been enjoying it quite a bit. (For those who don't know, people hate the show's second season, or I've just seen very mixed opinions on it.)

Hey I like the second season of Tokyo Ghoul also. I like the first season more but the second season felt like a game changer since Kaneki's hair changed color and the show turned darker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crushingmayhem said:

I second that.

Hey I like the second season of Tokyo Ghoul also. I like the first season more but the second season felt like a game changer since Kaneki's hair changed color and the show turned darker.

Also I just feel like the animation got better and I really like how the second season is definitely based in the fall. I just feel like the snow adds so much more atmosphere.

I'm going to admit a secret I've been keeping since 2014...

I like... Teen Titans Go. 

Well, it's first two seasons or so anyway. I do like the original Teen Titans too but there's a bit of charm to older Go episodes, when they did more episodes of interesting and entertaining stories instead of around Season 3 they're like "Screw it. Let's make most of the episodes mocking Teen Titans fans and our own show and make stupid plots about doing kiddie stuff such as The Tooth Fairy or Rainy Day Games XDDDD". That's what kind of killed my interest for me.

I feel like I have to blame this on three people. 

1. Ben Gruber: A writer who joined Go! episodes around late-season 2 (Two Bumble Bees and a Wasp was decent) and then he wrote MOST of Season 3, with a lot of them being bad episodes and Booty Scooty being so bad it's good because of the dance Robin does himself and the song that goes along with it that I can't help but laugh at how horrible it is. He's been writing less episodes in Season 4 still but I haven't seen much of Season 4 besides BBSFBDAY and The Night Begins to Shine special, and those were decent and were written by other people.

2. Aaron Horvath and Michael Jelenic. They've written some good episodes, but they were the ones who started the whole "mocking Teen Titans fans" episodes that they started to do WAY, WAY more after Season 2 (The Fourth Wall is fucking hilarious tho for being so bad it's good, same with The Cape, which was them dubbing over a whole Original TT episode). Besides those two episodes, it's annoying how Season 3 was pretty much those episodes or part of a joke in many episodes. They might have died this down in Season 4 but honestly I don't think we'll get that much good episodes unless my favorite writer of the show John Loy or the original Teen Titans writers who wrote Season 1-early Season 2 episodes on the show again.

• Like 1

Fringe season 4 was great. While yeah, it kind of killed the stakes of season 3 finale and I can see why people find so hard to get invested in new changes in it but I thought they handled it so well and the season kept invested me to the end. Perhaps not the strongest season ever but I still enjoyed it a lot.

I prefer Sam's Town over Hot Fuss. Sam's Town just has that super warm, hopeful, and nostalgic feeling to it in two different ways (as in the reminiscent 80's sound, and the lyrical content largely consisting of a character who hates the town they live in). Both albums are really great but I just prefer Sam's Town for that reason, and I think the instrumentals stepped up, same with the songwriting. It's just overall better to me. Also Read My Mind is probably my single favorite song The Killers ever wrote. 

2 hours ago, CyanideFishbone said:

I prefer Sam's Town over Hot Fuss. Sam's Town just has that super warm, hopeful, and nostalgic feeling to it in two different ways (as in the reminiscent 80's sound, and the lyrical content largely consisting of a character who hates the town they live in). Both albums are really great but I just prefer Sam's Town for that reason, and I think the instrumentals stepped up, same with the songwriting. It's just overall better to me. Also Read My Mind is probably my single favorite song The Killers ever wrote. 

Gimme Sawdust over either any day of the week.