• Advertisement

Burger King

Wumbo

On 7/19/2016 at 3:56 AM, Sandy said:

I don't even know how long it's been since I've gone to Burger King. My parents always seem to prefer to go to McDonalds, which I personally don't like very much.

Well, lucky you. I get Burger King at least once a week, and I have to eat the 10 piece nuggets. It tastes decent, but not that tasty, so it feels like a lot eating all of those nuggets. So for that, I much prefer McDonald's chicken nuggets over Burger King's, though I think Burger King's fries are superior, or maybe that's just me.

My local Burger King just started serving something called a "Whopperito," basically, a Whopper Sandwich in a burrito. It tasted pretty good, but for some reason, the fries didn't seem as tasty as they usually are. Hopefully, it was just a one time thing, because my Burger King is usually pretty good at serving good tasting food.

On 8/19/2016 at 7:04 PM, 4EverGreen said:

My local Burger King just started serving something called a "Whopperito," basically, a Whopper Sandwich in a burrito. It tasted pretty good, but for some reason, the fries didn't seem as tasty as they usually are. Hopefully, it was just a one time thing, because my Burger King is usually pretty good at serving good tasting food.

One of mine did too. Is this perhaps a test for a new item? I heard it was okay.

Was thinking about making a separate title for the news today, but here is fine too.

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/05/02/burger-king-takes-on-mcdonalds-with-a-range-of-unhappy-meals.html

Burger King is pairing up with the MHA for a special promotion for Mental Health Awareness Month.  They are doing away with the coined phrase “Happy Meals” and promoting Real Meals because “not everyone is happy all the time”.  They have five different mood meals: Pissed Meal (mad), Blue Meal (sad), Salty Meal (bitter), YAAAS Meal (excited), and DGAF Meal (yep they really are calling one the Don’t Give a Fuck meal).

From what I read, they are doing an initial test run in five major cities before rolling out the program nationwide.  So you’ll probably have to go to a Chicago or New York City to buy a Pissed Meal for driving out that far.

1 hour ago, Clappy said:

DGAF Meal (yep they really are calling one the Don’t Give a Fuck meal).

Dua Lipa should sue

All jokes aside, I dunno how I feel about this. I've seen a lot of criticism that this is trivializing and commodifying mental illness to make a profit, and I can't say I disagree.