• Advertisement

182b. Bumper to Bumper

Ron

Episode Rating?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: SpongeBob, I am proud to give you your license!
    • 4/5 Stars: Focus on the road...there is nothing but the road.
    • 3/5 Stars: You could do better.
    • 2/5 Stars: Let's not fail again..
    • 1/5 Stars: You failed again!

This episode felt like a total slap in the face, what with the ultimate cliche. It felt just like any of the other post-movie boating school episodes. The hype to this (a freaking MARATHON) was just completely pointless if it was going to be like all the others. The only part I found good was the trippy "focus on the road" part.

I really liked this episode but It's not one of my favorites because of some boring parts and the ending. I knew SpongeBob won't get a license at the end but I was hoping SpongeBob get a license. The best part of this episode was "focus on the road" part. It's not very funny much but It was an enjoyable episode of SpongeBob. 8/10

Bumper to Bumper is another example of a typical episode from early Season 9a; It's sort of slow and there's not too much going on half the time. However, this episode does have to its merit that it's not slow and boring to the point of being totally disinteresting. There are some pretty good visual effects seen throughout the episode (especially in the latter half) and the idea of it all (Mrs. Puff taking Spongebob out to an abandoned road in order to teach him to drive in a slightly different way than she had been) was not bad either. However, it's not perfect, as Mrs. Puff was rather unlikeable for a bit, there were few attempts at humour (and fewer that worked) and the ending is another insulting return to "status quo". There's not too much else that can be said about this episode, and while it edges towards being one of the better Season 9a episodes, it still lacks in some regards.
FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)

This is easily my most hated Boating School episode as for date,even other atrocious exemplars like Boating Buddies or Demolition Doofus at least tried to have any identity,this one is so worthless and boring that it hurts.And ending,my Neptune,it’s made absolutely everything even more pointless than it already was,so abysmal that made Gone’s ending looks perfect and harmless.And as much as it’s a 9a episode there’s around zero jokes that work at least for half.All around an abhorrent that completely wasted my time without any caring put into in.Easily in my Bottom 25 and I really hope that more people would notice how lazy and effortless this piece of rubbish is.

Rating:

837DAD9C-1CE7-4F72-8E06-6760AD700F93.jpeg.ef26c66fa34fbfed0516befbbcb646d5.jpeg

• Like 1