• Advertisement

Florida now judging school students by race?

Jjs Goodman

Florida has added a new policy to their education system that has put them in some hot water. To sum it up in a nutshell, they now judge students based off of their races in schools, and now this new policy has gained criticism for racism.

Florida's public school students will be judged in part by race and ethnicity, under new education benchmarks approved this week.

And that has created a firestorm in South Florida.

Opponents say setting higher goals for whites and Asians and lower goals for Latino and black groups is insulting and feeds racial stereotypes.

According to the plan, by 2018, Florida wants 90 percent of Asian students, 88 percent of white, 81 percent of Hispanics and 74 percent of blacks to be at or above reading grade level. No matter if they fail a test, they may get a higher grade based off of their race, as so:

Asians = 90

White = 88

Hispanics = 81

African Americans = 74

Source: http://articles.sun-...-asian-students

8u4Jh.jpg

I seriously don't understand why so many people stereotype.

This honestly made me want to throw up., This is EXTREMELY immature of the schools. For example, I'm Pakistani, and it's a stereotype that they will be VERY smart and become doctors. In reality, I'm just average. But everyone automatically assumes I'm smart, and they get pissed when they find out I'm that average person wanting to be a professional photographer. And for lords sake, so many of the white people in my school are incredibly dumb, as well as the fact there are smart African Americans. If anything, this is probably as bad as segregation, because, at the end of the day, this stupid shit is segregation. This is literally like saying because I'm a boy, I shouldn't be focusing in school and should be working. And that women should be at home doing chores. Except, this has to do with race. Imagine how this seriously affects a family. Imagine an Asian who's struggling in school how heartbroken they become when he/she finds out that everyone is just going to walk all over them and expect good schooling. It sucks for the Latino's and African Americans who are doing excellent in school that their progress is taken for granted and that they are still labeled as dumb "blacks". Think about the fact that now this will cause many Latinos/African Americans not to bother because the standard won't be high, and the best job they will get is McDonalds. Humanity is continuing to just upset me every single day. I am NOT happy about this, and I REALLY want Florida to murder this dumbass law.

• Like 4

WHAT THE FUCKING HELL DID I JUST READ??? JUDGEING OFF RACE??? Flordia, fuck you. I hate these damn stereotypes and this is the most horrible stereotype thing I've seen in recent years. Flordia, change this dumbass desicion. It's just stupid and really immature. >.>

• Like 1

Okay, wtf? this is stupid. Thinking people are smart because of their race. That is just disrespectful and rude. It is just super racist. Come on! This is just like segregation! I mean, I know a bunch of people from different ethnicities that are smart. And this sepration is just offensive and shallow. I thought adults stopped being stereotypical for the most part. Florida, change this effed up law or become a bunch of stupid heartless jerks that judge people for being themselves. This is disgusting.

• Like 1