• Advertisement

Dairy Queen

70s

I have a Dairy Queen, but it's miles away from where I live.

Same here.

I went to one a while ago on my vacation to California. I go to Michigan every summer for a week, and they closed the DQ there down 2 years ago. When i went in California, i had fried shrimp (hey it was san jose california so) and a cookie dough Blizzard. YUM.

Also, on my trip to the beach last May, we went there and had the same thing. YUMMM.

I went to Dairy Queen once and had a burger and fries. It was pretty edible.

Didn't have any of the dessert though. I know, take me to the cannibal potluck party. I stink.

Sorry for bumping but I absolutely LOVE their Chicken Baskets with the fries and toast. Dipping them in ranch sauce mmm. Also love the cheese curds. 

I'm not a big fan of ice cream in general, but it is pretty good (that Cookie Dough Blizzard).

However, since I don't often finish all mine food, I typically reheat the stuff...yeah it doesn't taste great re-heated (cheese curds and chicken are exceptions).

After working at DQ for a couple of months, I can say that their food is decent and still think their desserts are awesome.

I agree that their desserts are awesome, but have you ever been to a Bob's Big Boy restaurant?  :huh: In my honest and humble opinion, they have awesome desserts as well! :)

It's a restaurant chain that has its origins in the state of California. It's actually an older franchise than McDonald's is, having been originally created in 1936! B)

If it's only in the state of California, then I probably won't ever get to one (I do get to California for vacations, but the only food we get up there is Jack in the Box and Del Taco).