• Advertisement

180b. Gary's New Toy

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: This is the greatest episode that ever lived!!
    • 4/5 Stars: The customer is always right!
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse
    • 2/5 Stars: Lame.
    • 1/5 Stars: DEUGH! HORRIBLE!

Garysnewstoy.jpg

* Um...why am I getting commercials? o_O

* Finally, the episode begins, after a commercial delay.

* Lol at the coughing alarm.

* RIP SpongeBob's Alarm (1999-2012) (credit to CNF)

* Gary is eating everything!

* Why is Patrick there?

* This really reminds me of Treats so far.

* Pet Point 3000, eh?

* Chase the red dot!

* Lol at the laser going through Patrick's head.

* Gary's new love is...a red ball.

* Gary sure loves his ball.

* Lol Gary is having tea with his red ball. :P

* And now treating it as a baby.

* Hairball...Hairball...wallet....hairball..tooth brush..

* The red ball is possessing Gary..

* And SpongeBob's alarm coughs again.

* Well, there goes SpongeBob's eyes.

* So Gary chose the ball...bye SpongeBob?

* This reminds me of Where's Gary? a bit too.

* Lesson: never try to put a ball in a blender.

* Gary returns to SpongeBob!

* Lol at the exploding house.

* Touching ending, and decent episode. Gave me a few chuckles, and it had nice Treats! and Where's Gary vibes.

Grade: A

Very nice episode. It very much felt like Treats, with a mix of Gary Takes A Bath, but with elements of Pourous Pockets and Dumped. My thoughts:

Da Good

-The episode was genuinely funny throughout. Many scenes worked very well.

-I loved how the episode was nothing but Spongebob and Gary (and that one part with Patrick). I think it really shows the strength of the characters, seeing as how the episode was pretty much Tom Kenny talking to himself. tongue.png

-The part where Spongebob is alone under the chair was a Pre-Movie esque scene. Very smartly written.

-I lol'd when Patrick referred to Gary as "Gareth". Dunno why, that part just got to me.

-I also loved Gary's rampant obsessiveness over the ball-I like that character trait in him.

-Spongebob's Alarm gag was also pretty funny.

Da Bad

-The part at the store with Patrick's brain wasn't very funny and kinda felt Season 6-ish.

Otherwise, this was a really good episode. 8.5-9.0/10. Good.

• Like 1

Gary's New Toy - A-

That was a fantastic episode. The part with Patrick wasn't needed, but netherless, everything else worked great. I loved when the ball became evil and chased Gary around, which lead to an explosion. Lol and SpongeBob doesn't even know xP. Overall, way better than the ManRay/Plankton team up episode.

I thought this episode was really good! All the parts with Gary and the red ball was both creepy and funny at the same time. And all of the scenes with SpongeBob getting annoyed at Gary's behavior and him trying to get rid of the ball was excellent as well.

Overall, a very good SpongeBob and Gary episode, that kept me laughing throughout the whole thing.

Good episode! When SpongeBob was trying to get Gary away from his ball it felt like Gary Takes a Bath a little. I'm glad that we got to see SpongeBob's garage again and I'm glad this wasn't an episode where Gary was obsessed until the end like Treats! SpongeBob's house lighting on fire made me chuckle a bit and the Patrick parts were good, I liked when he was chasing the red light. Also.... I hope they don't put another commercial break in before the episode, that was strange to me. o_O

8.5/10

Gary's New Toy - 9/10

Pretty nice episode, like I'd expect from a Gary episode. It did the same thing Treats did, but in a different way. I also loved the fact that this is just Tom Kenny talking to himself. :P And who can forget the ending! :o Overall, it was a pretty good episode. Nowhere as good as Treats, but still decent on its own. A-

This episode was good. Dragged a bit at points with Gary's reactions to his ball. Still, I liked the emotional vibe to it. I have been so impressed with the past couple new episodes I've been watching.

8/10

It's better than Patrick-Man to me, but only by a little

6.5/10

WHAT.

I haven't seen this episode yet, but I can't imagine it being better than Patrick-Man!, which has been one of the best episodes of Season 9 so far tbh