• Advertisement

The 9/11 Commemoration Thread

Clappy

"The attacks of September 11th were intended to break our spirit. Instead we have emerged stronger and more unified. We feel renewed devotion to the principles of political, economic and religious freedom, the rule of law and respect for human life. We are more determined than ever to live our lives in freedom." --Rudolph W. Giuliani

"Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: “Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.” -- George W. Bush

I remember eleven years ago today I was on my way to Pre-Algebra when the loudspeakers boomed as my middle school principal was alerting us about the events that were transpiring in NYC, DC, and PA. While I am glad that my aunt was not at work that morning (she works two blocks away from the Pentagon), I know there were others who were not as fortunate. My thoughts and prayers go to all those who lost their loved ones on this day eleven years ago. As well as to those who are not here today, may they rest in peace.

• Like 7

I made another thread, but this could've been a lot worse had Al Qaeda had the resources. They originally intended to hijack eleven planes and crash them into not only the Pentagon and the Twin Towers, but the Sears (Willis) Tower in Chicago, the US Bank Building in LA, and the White House.

Condolences for the families of victims (can't imagine how hard this day is for them), and those who perished. =/

I was too young to remember what I was doing. What my family has told me was we were in Wisconsin when it happened and we had to drive back home.

I'm glad we have risen from the ashes. I believe we have become a more stronger country after this incident. I still feel bad for all the people who lost their friends and family 11 years ago. Never forget.

I was in Kindergarten getting ready for picture day at school. I don't remember much else other than my mom was crying and my dad had to come home from work. We still have a picture of me and my brother from that day. R.I.P. to all of the lives lost.

I was a third grader who didn't actually hear about the events until the morning after when we wrote in our journals. My entry just screamed incoherent writing, so I usually look at it for the lulz :P I remember the Fox News channel featuring "America Under Attack" as the headline that evening despite the attacks occurring over 24 hours earlier.

My condolences to the victims and their families. This tragedy affected many lives in more ways than one and reshaped America as a whole. It won't be forgotten anytime soon.

I remembering waking up in the morning for school and looking on the news to see the towers burning and the first one collapse. I didn't understand what was really going on at the time, but I've come to understand that the event was not only tragic, but it has also made us stronger.

My heart goes out to all the tragic victims who died from the tragedy.

I don't remember 9/11, nor did I know about it to like 2009. My mom said that she, me, and my sister were in the basement at the time and heard it on the news. Something like that.

But my heart goes out to the victim's families.

Gah. I was in preschool at the time. My mom dropped me off, and then heard on the radio something horrible happened, so she turned on the news and then phoned the school and picked me up. That car ride back was dark, man. Complete and utter silence.

Didn't know what was happening at the time, but it all makes sense now.

Truly tragic day, shows how fucked up mankind is sometimes.