• Advertisement

181a. License to Milkshake

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: It's so coral!
    • 4/5 Stars: You sir, have the fanciest *ring*
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse.
    • 2/5 Stars: Bzzz bzzz?
    • 1/5 Stars: DEUGH! HORRIBLE!

I'm not sure if anyone else knows this, but I just realized today that the whole montage with the rock music, Spongebob riding a motorcycle, riding in a fighter jet, and playing volleyball was a huge reference to the movie Top Gun. How did I not see it earlier, no wonder the music kinda sounded like Danger Zone.

• Like 2

The best episode of season 9 yet.

Very good idea with the Milkshake Academy. The episode was overall entertaining and funny. Funny scenes were, for example, the simulator, SpongeBob's response to the missing cherry or that he made a Krabby Patty instead of a milkshake.

I would give the episode 9/10 points. The German voice of Captain Frostymug was unusual, I had expected something else. 

Don't like it. Spongebob was pretty annoying here, as usual, and the episode as a whole was bland and unoriginal. I'm surprised so many of you thought this was wonderful. Not me. 3/10

Once again, I disagree with myself. I think the episode is a good parody of the typical underdog movie (right down to the cheesy message), and it's so ridiculous and over-the-top it works. ****/*****

Here we have another episode that's just... there. While it's definitely more creative than some earlier episodes in Season 9 (helped by how this episode takes place in a new location, the Milkshake Academy), that doesn't save the episode from being somewhat boring. The new character here (Captain Frostymug) isn't a bad character, although he has little personality other than being a drill sergeant. Despite some noticeable problems with slower pacing and plain dialogue, the episode's pretty good. Perhaps the highlight of the episode would be the climax with Captain Frostymug being sucked into the milkshake machine, a scene which is handled rather well considering the part of the season this episode is in. Overall, while there isn't too much to talk about here, License to Milkshake is a passable episode in a rather lacking part of Season 9.
FINAL RATING: 6/10 (OK episode)