• Advertisement

181a. License to Milkshake

Jinjo

Rating?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: It's so coral!
    • 4/5 Stars: You sir, have the fanciest *ring*
    • 3/5 Stars: It seems we have reached an impasse.
    • 2/5 Stars: Bzzz bzzz?
    • 1/5 Stars: DEUGH! HORRIBLE!

I think mostly everyone felt like the show took a different turn with this episode. It was out of the ordinary. Personally I thought it was a cool twist. There was new characters and background fish. Rock montage music? Seems like Regular Show to me and it's really cool. The scene with SpongeBob riding a motorcycle was awesome. Personally I liked it. I liked the ending too when SpongeBob noted that he wished getting his driving license was that easy. :P Also the title card and "Twenty Years Earlier" card were both colorful.

8.9/10

Yeah true but still, it wasn't a weak episode at all. How in the heck was this episode weak? saw nothing weak about it at all. The show doesn't really need humor in every single episode to be awesome, just as long as it's well written, creative, original, and very enjoyable. That's so funny you said that because when I was first watching the montage, I said to myself "Regular Show?" :D haha At least I'm not the only one but that rock background music they used was totally badass. There were a few funny lines in this episode and I agree the title cards were colorful especially the title card for this episode. :)

Yeah true but still, it wasn't a weak episode at all. How in the heck was this episode weak? saw nothing weak about it at all. The show doesn't really need humor in every single episode to be awesome, just as long as it's well written, creative, original, and very enjoyable. That's so funny you said that because when I was first watching the montage, I said to myself "Regular Show?" :D haha At least I'm not the only one but that rock background music they used was totally badass. There were a few funny lines in this episode and I agree the title cards were colorful especially the title card for this episode. :)

SpongeBob is supposed to be a comedy, so I disagree with you saying there shouldn't be humor. Honestly, I don't think it was original. The theme of someone going to an academy isnt unique at all; maybe it's original to the show, but not in general. Frankly, I'm tired of episodes comprising of montages. To me, that doesn't constitute an episode as "well written" or "unique." This episode had potential, but absolutely fell flat by resorting to old habits like using montages to fill up airtime.

SpongeBob is supposed to be a comedy, so I disagree with you saying there shouldn't be humor. Honestly, I don't think it was original. The theme of someone going to an academy isnt unique at all; maybe it's original to the show, but not in general. Frankly, I'm tired of episodes comprising of montages. To me, that doesn't constitute an episode as "well written" or "unique." This episode had potential, but absolutely fell flat by resorting to old habits like using montages to fill up airtime.

Yeah, you're right. The show is a comedy so it should have a lot of humor but I honestly didn't expect from this episode. To me it's original but I do respect your opinion though and I do see where you're getting at with montages. This show doesn't really do montages a lot though. Sorry you hated the episode.
  • Like 1

OK, when I saw the promo, I thought this episode was going to suck.
Then I watched the episode and.. wow I have hopes for S9.
It was a pretty dang good episode.
..is it just me or am I the only one interested in using Cap'n Frostymug for fan-fiction?..
wait I always use one-shot characters for fan-fiction, never mind..
B+.

I saw this this morning and...... I don't get the hate. This episode was actually pretty good. A very interesting plot? An in-character Spongebob? Funny jokes and a montage that felt like it came straight out of Regular Show? Yeah, this was a good episode, man. The animation was good as always, and a lot of jokes were funny. I especially loved when Captain Frosty was being sucked into the machine. :P

All in all, a good episode. Felt like a Season 2 ep in some places. 8/10. Quality.

• Like 3

I saw this this morning and...... I don't get the hate. This episode was actually pretty good. A very interesting plot? An in-character Spongebob? Funny jokes and a montage that felt like it came straight out of Regular Show? Yeah, this was a good episode, man. The animation was good as always, and a lot of jokes were funny. I especially loved when Captain Frosty was being sucked into the machine. :P

All in all, a good episode. Felt like a Season 2 ep in some places. 8/10. Quality.

AN actually likes this episode?!

It's the end of the world as we know it, office supplies are falling from the sky!

wait some people hated this one?

It was pretty a-OK to me.. we got some good animation, and while I do admit the other cadets kind of were pointless to the plot, the episode's plot, while not too complicated, did manage for some great jokes, and minus the promo.. it was pretty good! What's with all the hate? You guys do have to remember, it IS a cartoon. Not all of them have to follow dramatic storylines.

Not the best Season 9 episode, and I caught it long after it's first premiere, but overall it was alright, so definitely on the lighter side of the okay line.

8.5/10

See, even the not fantastic S9 episodes are worthy of a good grade.

Probably not a good episode, but definately better then Squid Baby. There were a lot of plotholes, like why did Spongebob's milkshakes keep being frozen?

Because he didn't know how to make them?

I can't believe that some people didn't like this episode. I loved it so much and It's one of my favorite season 9 episodes. This episode doesn't have funny moments but at least It was enjoyable. Defiently better than "The Good Krabby Name" and "Squid Baby" but I thought "The Good Krabby Name" was a funnier than it 10/10