• Advertisement

181b. Squid Baby

Jjs Goodman

Rating?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Rating?

• 5/5 Stars: SWEET SWEET VICTORY!
    • 4/5 Stars: Chum is Fum!
    • 3/5 Stars: Which one of you flat foots stole my lollipop?
    • 2/5 Stars: Bzz bzz?
    • 1/5 Stars: It makes me wanna hurl!

I really had high hopes for this episode, but after seeing that clip... this looks like something straight out of Season 6, honestly. =/

However, I love the background of the episode, how it's all dark and rainy outside. :D

Something_B3.jpg

* Whoa, nice new digs for a title card. A bit more of the uniquer ones.

* Still loving the HD for Season 9.

* I can't tell, Squidward.

* Some of the baby toys SpongeBob has are cute.

* Great Squidward, you made them cry. Jerk.

* And here comes our conflict.

* Yikes...big head injury.

* Head go boom boom itis?

* This is giving me some Rock-a-Bye Bivalve vibes.

* I'm surprised at the lack of Squidward abuse in this episode.

* What the? How did Patrick pick that up?

* Lol at how the truck smashed his house.

* The night TV scene definitely reminded me of Rock-a-Bye Bivalve.

* Baby Squid's crying is getting annoying.

* Wow, 3 days?

* This seems to be a problem.

* Lol at Baby Squid's antics.

* They sort of brought the My Leg! gag back, though with a different person.

* Oh my, a dirty diaper!

* Nowhere seems to work.

* and now his diaper scared them off.

* And Squid is back to normal!

* They do indeed, SpongeBob.

* Predictable ending, though a pretty good episode. Better than I expected.

Grade: B+

• God Himself 1

Squid Baby:

The animation is beautiful, but so far, not feeling the episode. Aww, I feel bad that Squid hit his head like that :/ . Rock-a-Bye Bivalve all over again. Eww, why did Pat lick SB like that? xD. Nice save Pat :P . Lmao at "My Face, My Face, also my leg, but mostly my Face" :P . The episode just got disgusting. He's back, thank goodness.

Overall, a so-so episode. Certainly not the best episode that's ever been produced in S8-9 though.

Final Grade: B -

• Like 1

This episode was great but strange and a little too strange in my opinion. It's not the best episode I've ever seen and nowhere near to being perfect plus it got pretty boring in some of the moments but for what it was given. It's a greatly decent episode to watch.

Overall: 8 out of 10

• Like 1

I loved the montage scene for when SB and Pat were taking care of Patrick. When Patrick was watching T.V. the music sounded awfully familiar like the show he was watching of a guy getting hit in the head with a coconut. A total nostalgia scene there :D :D. I'm so glad Patrick did his part in helping the baby this time! This is the third time we've heard that music played I think, btw. I actually like Squidward acting like a baby, it kinda grew on me. LOVED the my leg reference part. Overall not bad, I liked it and the scenes didn't drag out.

8.5/10

The episode was good. It was cute of SpongeBob (and partly, Pat) taking care of Squidward. If you think about it, he was no baby, he was just sort of a vegetable with a brain trauma :( and he still complaints about SB, eh? I guess they did what they could with the plot, I was hoping baby Squid was gonna look cuter but anyway I give it a B.

Squid Baby - 6/10

Well, this certainly met my expectations. I was really hoping this episode might be a great one, but it only turned out to be a 'meh' one. There were a couple funny moments (l really laughed hard when Squidward's house is destroyed in the background xD), but they didn't balance out several scenes (the cash register scene) that felt like they came straight out of Season 6. I really hope more Season 9 episodes don't follow in the same vein as Squid Baby. However, on the positive side, I did enjoy several scenes that held nostalgia towards past episodes (most prominently "Rock-A-Bye Bivalve") and I loved the scenes where Patrick and SpongeBob are taking care of him.

Now, another thing: just right now, I made the typo of "Patrick and Sandy" and that reminds me... WHY can't Sandy be a more prominent character?! I think she would've added so much more to this episode, and this really was a failed opportunity. I think 'Squid Baby' could've been better in numerous ways, but it just flopped, IMO.

This was a pretty good episode. It was cool seeing Spongebob and Patrick taking care of Squidward and have it filled with nostalgic moments like with the "my leg" joke. The ending felt rushed though and Squidward... he didn't exactly seem like a baby.

Score: 7.75/10